Cybersecurity is the technology that protects computers and networks from unauthorized personnel. Ever since computers have expanded to homes and the workplace; the need for cyber security has grown exponentially. Millions of people around the world have access to the internet at a given time, and this allows for predators to attack, scam, hack, and intrude on personal and government information. Cybersecurity is designed to counteract these attempts to ultimately allow for safe networks and computers.
Cybersecurity standards have recently been implemented to force organizations to maintain a safe environment and reduce the risk of cyber-attacks. Cyberspace is the “universe” for computers, and depending on how secure one’s system is could determine how well someone could maneuver through cyberspace. Cybersecurity is designed to find these intruders in unwanted areas, by placing barriers and obstacles. Of course cyberspace is an undefined area so it’s possible for people to get around and intrude into other networks.
Cybersecurity is a government institution implemented by Homeland Security. According to the website for Homeland Security, cybersecurity is operated by a team of skilled professionals who will recognize cyber vulnerability and respond as quickly as possible. The security was mainly built for United States defense reasons, but lately has also dealt with issues within the country. Of course its main purpose is to protect the United States and it will continue to do that. It just recently has taken steps to advance to national security as well as personal security. In 2010 the cybersecurity act that was passed was intended to integrate the private and public sector of cybersecurity for optimal use. Hacking int...
... middle of paper ...
...wrong file could destroy a nation economically, politically, socially, and physically.
Although all of the legal parameters are not presented to the public, they maintain common ethical standards to protect our citizens. I don’t think cybersecurity receives enough recognition for their contribution to this nation’s security. The training is extensive, the skills are mandatory, and the mistakes are catastrophic, so a lot of pressure is placed on the employees in this field. Cybersecurity may never fully be understood by someone who is not tangibly involved, but the dedication and effort cybersecurity provides is priceless. Computer security is a must and without it all things could fall apart.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- http://forums.iobit.com/forum/iobit-security-software/iobit-security-softwares-general-discussions/other-security-discussions/15251-28-types-of-computer-security-threats-and-risA specialized field in computer system security that involves securing a computer system hardware and software. Security is typically handled by a system administrator who implements the security policy, network software and hardware needed to protect a system and the resources accessed through the network from unauthorized access and also ensure that employees have adequate access to resources.... [tags: Computer security, Internet, Password]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Impact of Convergence in Security In today’s world of security many distinct measures exist in the vast umbrella of protection needed to keep a country safe from destruction. Since September 11, 2001 protection of personnel and property are a top priority for America. It takes numerous variables and different approaches in security being utilized to prevent such attacks from ever happening again. Physical Security and Information Technology (IT) Security will be the focus in order to grasp just how important these methods are.... [tags: Security, Physical security, Security guard]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- These days being computer literate is more important than it ever has been in the last few years that computers have been around. Almost everything is becoming computer reliant and there are several businesses that have embraced technology. Computer literacy isn’t something that you can easily escape, and honestly you shouldn’t try to. Humans are all about adapting and computers are just one more thing we all have to learn to adapt to. Unfortunately, everyone doesn’t understand that so it’s vital to understand the importance of being computer literate.... [tags: Literacy, Multimedia literacy, Computer literacy]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- computer, ranging from child pornography to data interception and theft. An investigator needs to ensure that the appropriate tools are utilized (US-Cert, 2008). There are several reasons as to why the appropriate tools must be utilized by investigators. Some of these reasons involve the deletion, damaging, or encryption of files. To prevent further damages as they seek to recover these files, the investigator must be knowledgeable of the array of methods and software available. There are two essential types data collected in computer forensics and the bulk of this exploratory research was devoted to data, cybersecurity, and cybercrimes as it relates to computer forensics and digital data.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- In the last ten years, there have been many software vulnerabilities that have caused thousands of dollars to businesses. Many of their resources have been breached, and those malicious attacks have gotten better over the years. Back in the day, the job of a system administrator sometimes involved dealing with malware and other infectious software. However, security threats have become heavier on businesses today, and they depend on these IT professionals to do more than just updating the network with the latest security patches (Belovich, S.... [tags: Security, National security, Computer security]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- The quick development in the field of technology made it important for all the big business to implement such technology in their industry procedures, so that competitive benefits over others can be accomplished. The following paragraph contains a brief description about the information technology security in general//. With the increasing benefits of implementing the technology in the business places, most of the business organizations have identified such technology as one of the crucial aspects for achieving success.... [tags: Information security, Security, Computer security]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Pursuit of knowledge has always been my obsession and the propelling force behind all my achievements. I intend to pursue a Ph.D. in cybersecurity and my career aspiration is to become a professor and a researcher. My research interests include Insider threats, Malware and Botnets, Network security, security of IoT, Cyber warfare, Identity and integrity, social Engineering, physical Infrastructure security, Industrial control system security, usable security, Cybercrime and the underground economy, cybersecurity Risk Management, international corporation on cybercrime and cyber terrorism, end-user security, Economics of information security, Privacy and freedom issues, Soc... [tags: Security, Computer security, Saudi Arabia]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- Should be people be able to obstruct their identities online. People around the world have emails, bank accounts, social media accounts, and credit cards. Thousands of cards and account passwords are entered into the internet every day, but are we secure. Today our world is so technologically advanced that any hacker, stalker, or pedophile can have our information with a click of a button. There are several ways that they get our information such as phishing, fake websites, emails, and many others.... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Password]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Information security (IS) in modern organizations is of vital importance. Modern era of technology brings certain threats to information security but mostly are from internal factors. Enterprises ensures the need of safeguarding information by analysing information security risk for the business. The risk is managed by defining and implementing information security policies. The paper highlights that support from the senior management is essential in almost all decisions for securing information resource.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
1368 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction The first thing that we must consider about Information Security is that there is not a final destination at which we can arrive. IT Security is an ongoing set of processes and activities that requires attention and expertise on a daily basis. It is important to understand that systems are not secured by themselves and it is our responsibility to maintain and improve them periodically as required. It is of vital importance to establish the appropriate mechanisms and requirements in order to support the company’s CIA triad.... [tags: IT Security]
2693 words (7.7 pages)