Disruptions in the networks and lapses in security now place lives, jobs, our economy, and well-being at risk. Cyber security protects the information that flows through broadband communications networks. Individuals are constantly using email or online websites and we need to ensure that it remains “private to preventing foreign governments from infiltrating our Nation’s most critical infrastructure,” says Bill Lane. Just this year in July the U.S. was on top of three on four categories for the second month in a row (as seen in the chart on the next page).
A simple trip to the ATM, filing our taxes online, filling out employment forms, or even checking out at the grocery store can change the trajectory of our finances in mere seconds. In June, hackers were able to procure 100,000 tax returns and requested 15,000 fra...
... middle of paper ...
...ty threat becomes an actual attack? If the entity is insured, the entity should be able to rely on its insurance policy to cover the loss, but if the entity fails to give the insurer timely notice in the manner of conforming the term of policy, the insurer may disclaim coverage. The insured may have little information and the insurer will insist it is not in light of the minimalist nature of the unclassified report. The government may know the details of the planned attack and give out information to advert the danger, but could back fire and end up jeopardizing the entity’s ability to recover from any loss. Simple ways people could keep personal information safe online is by setting strong passwords, keeping everything up to date by installing updates, limit personal information posted online and use privacy settings, and avoid things that are too good to be true.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Weaknesses to mistreatment in contemporarymainframes are wide-ranging. They variant from weaknesses of internet server which permitthe hackers or assailantsto command the internet server to a cultured lateral network that uses stuff like packet technique or immediate control depletion to collect private and trustworthy material from cyber security computersystems. Vulnerabilities or weaknesses seem to be in the customer software whois a fellow of an industry that uses it to get their tasks performed.... [tags: hackers, cyber security, softwares]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Cyber security, also known as information technology security, focuses on protecting computers, networks, programs and data from unintended or unauthorized access, change or destruction. Most aspects of our lives rely on the Internet and computers, including communications (e-mail, cell phones, texting), transportation (traffic control signals, car engine systems, airplane navigation), government (birth or death records, social security, licensing, tax records), finance (bank accounts, loans, electronic paychecks), medicine (equipment, medical records), and education (virtual classrooms, online report cards, research).... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
1059 words (3 pages)
- ... On the same day, United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued a brief statement condemning the attacks. Dmitri Alperovitch, Vice President of Threat Research at cyber security company McAfee, named the attack "Operation Aurora". Research by McAfee Labs discovered that “Aurora” was part of the file path on the attacker’s machine that was included in two of the malware binaries McAfee said were associated with the attack. "We believe the name was the internal name the attacker(s) gave to this operation," McAfee Chief Technology Officer George Kurtz stated.... [tags: modern technology, security breaches]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Society has become ever-increasingly dependent upon technology, more specifically, computers to conduct personal and business transactions and communications. Consequently, criminals have targeted these systems to conduct information and cyber warfare, which can include politically motivated attacks and to profit through ill-gotten means. In an article written by Koblentz and Mazanec (2013), cyber warfare is the act of disabling an enemy’s ability to use or obtain information, degrade its ability to make decisions, and to command its military forces.... [tags: Cyber, warfare, E-commerce]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- At this juncture, it may be somewhat difficult to accept the proposition that a threat to the telecommunications grid, both wired and wireless, in the United States could potentially be subject to a catastrophic cyber attack. After careful research on the subject, it appears the potentiality of an event of such magnitude, which either disrupts one or the other grids for a long period or destroys either, is both theoretically and realistically impossible. It may be that proponents—those who advance such theories—equate such “doomsday” scenarios as if a cyber attack would or could be of the same magnitude as a conventional or nuclear military strike.... [tags: Telecommunications Cyber Attacks]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- We have learned many different things in the terms of cybernetics. In fact there are way more than what we ever imagined. Learning about all of the different ways that crimes can be carried out through the uses of technology and how communications are a very important part in giving and receiving specified information. How that all different organizations use this communication to put all of information together to get one big piece of information. What is an insider threat. Insider threat has been defined as a malicious hacker who is an employee of office of a business, institution or agency.... [tags: cyber terrorism, hacking, strategic intelligence]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- What is Cyber Security. Cyber Security can be defined as “measures taken to protect a computer or computer system (as on the internet) against unauthorized access or attack”. (Bullock 283). In other words, an attempt by individuals to protect their personal information and other digital resources from attacks from the cyber world. Why is Cyber Security important. Cyber security was created because of the sensitive information that is frequently stored on computers that are attached to the Internet.... [tags: hacking, cybercrime, access to information online]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Abstract— the network has become an important component of an organizational business process hence its management must be as secure as possible. Administrators are, hence, faced with the challenge of securing the network. Network security encompasses monitoring and securing the enterprise. The network security comprises of a system that keeps track of the status of a range of elements within a network. Enterprises, therefore, monitor, lock and secure their domains to ensure their security and possibly prevent cyber-attacks.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- I have been interested in computer security for a while now. So that’s why I chose to research on some security and privacy issues that are challenging. For example using our cellular phones, playing games online, shopping online and even our private health data, can be invaded by unauthorized users. Therefore, in order to obtain personal data and information in which they can share to other unauthorized persons. These are threats and security issues that we face daily when using our devices and also using the internet.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- In my role as the Chief, Security Officer (CSO), I also served as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for a SOCOM Task Force, I excelled at working across organizational lines to develop enterprise-level security strategies and security architecture recommendations, I also have extensive experience in collaborating with external organizations, including oversight organizations to address security issues within the enterprise. As the CISO, I developed the security architecture and strategy for the Task Force to accommodate several new mission strategies that required the sharing of specialized intelligence data between several DOD and independent agencies.... [tags: Security, Security guard, Scientific method]
720 words (2.1 pages)