Cyber security is operating through the Department of homeland security (DHS) privacy office and the component privacy offices. The department of homeland security integrates privacy protection into our cyber security while the National protection and program Directorate (NPPD) manages our risk- reduction mission, which includes the protection of physical and cyber infrastructure. Though a driven approach, cyber security division (CSD) creates and deploys information resources- standards, framework, tools and technologies to enable seamless and secure interaction among homeland security stakeholder. With its federal partners, CSD is working to strengthen capabilities to communicate, share, visualize, analyze and protect information.
Even with all these plans in place our national security is still organized to fight the cold war which has nothing to do with our issues today. Because of this dysfunctional intelligence community our national infrastructure is not able to react or handle cyber-attack as quickly as they should therefore; our national security is not as effective when it comes to cyber security. The result of our national security being unable to handle cyber-attack put the nation at risk of being vulnerable. The intelligence community needs to be organized to...
... middle of paper ...
... the intelligence community can do at this point is prepare the nation for future cyber-attack. DHS needs to recognize cyber security challenges and address them. DHS also need to collaborate with government entities about cyber threats. As for the government they should be updating network every 6 months to decrease the possible of invade.
Overall, our national security infrastructure is still function to fight the cold war which does nothing to help our current issues. Our intelligence community needs to be reorganized to handle current transnational issues like cyber-attacks. Otherwise, the nation is vulnerable. Without the proper actions in places out national infrastructure will crush therefore, we need to understand the current challenges, organized the national security to protect against these challenges that threat our nation then they should address them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Due to the growth and success of Advanced Research our systems have recently become a target for hacking and cyber-attacks. As an organization we know of several attempts to steal the intellectual property of Advanced Research and sell the stolen properties to direct competitors. Beyond that we are all aware of the 2011 issues involving Advanced Research’s public website, website defacement and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks are common tactics of attackers. Also in today’s cyber climate it is well known that any organization, no matter the size or prestige, with a cyber-presence is vulnerable to attacks and exploits.... [tags: metasploit pro, IT, hacking, cyber attacks]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Pursuit of knowledge has always been my obsession and the propelling force behind all my achievements. I intend to pursue a Ph.D. in cybersecurity and my career aspiration is to become a professor and a researcher. My research interests include Insider threats, Malware and Botnets, Network security, security of IoT, Cyber warfare, Identity and integrity, social Engineering, physical Infrastructure security, Industrial control system security, usable security, Cybercrime and the underground economy, cybersecurity Risk Management, international corporation on cybercrime and cyber terrorism, end-user security, Economics of information security, Privacy and freedom issues, Soc... [tags: Security, Computer security, Saudi Arabia]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- ... If a multitenant cloud service database is not properly designed, a flaw in one client’s application could allow an attacker access not only to that client’s data, but every other client’s data as well. 91% user has voted that it is still relevant. 4 Study on cyber-attack in cloud computing Cloud resources are the attractive ground for the cyber-criminals due to the huge resources available at the centralized place. Accessibility by anyone subscribing, and from anywhere is offering further options to access the cloud.... [tags: cyber-security, data loss, breaches]
2003 words (5.7 pages)
- Pradeep Kumar Chagantipati Cuw id: F00437246 Data Security and Information Assurance: Data Security • Data security is defined as keeping the data safe and restricting unauthorized access. • The key role of data security is to guarantee protection while ensuring individual or corporate information. • Data is stored as columns and rows in our databases, system servers and computers. Information could be anything that can be perused or generally interpreted in human form. • In order to prevent unauthorized access, we need to follow certain methods to ensure data is secure Encryption: Here data is encrypted, only the receiving end possess a decoding key.... [tags: Information security, Computer security, Security]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- For Airports, There is No Silver Bullet for Cybersecurity Cyber security has become the most pressing, yet most misunderstood, segments in IT. While advances in technology have allowed organizations to reduce the number of threats that get through, the damage caused by cyber attacks continues to increase. Further, complicating this, the amount of devices and systems that connect to networks is expected to increase by 200% by 2020 (Moor Insights & Strategy). Within an airport’s infrastructure “Cyber” typically covers various solutions from IT networks, computers, servers, industrial control systems (ICS), HVAC metering & monitoring, lighting, access control, passenger screening, closed circ... [tags: Security, Computer security, National security]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- ... On the same day, United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued a brief statement condemning the attacks. Dmitri Alperovitch, Vice President of Threat Research at cyber security company McAfee, named the attack "Operation Aurora". Research by McAfee Labs discovered that “Aurora” was part of the file path on the attacker’s machine that was included in two of the malware binaries McAfee said were associated with the attack. "We believe the name was the internal name the attacker(s) gave to this operation," McAfee Chief Technology Officer George Kurtz stated.... [tags: modern technology, security breaches]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Cyber security is defined as the protection of information on computer systems and the protection of the hardware that supports or stores the information on computers or servers. This level of protection can include controlling physical access to the hardware, as well as protecting against harm that may come from local or remote network access, data and code injection and due to malpractice by system operators, who may have been tricked by outside personnel to place the system in a compromising situation.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- One of the things that is now top priority for organizations is to have a cyber security policy in place. It is estimated that over $400 billion dollars is lost per year due to cybercrimes. In this paper, I am dealing with a hypothetical law firm that is focused on logical security techniques that will help keep their data safe. I will be creating an information cyber-security policy that will include roles and responsibilities along with a cyber-security policy statement. I will also describe the type of security testing methodology I will utilize to assess the technical controls.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- The internet, a powerful engine for growth and freedom, nations is, therefore, taking advantage of its enormous benefits. Since everything from military to systems to Smartphone-linked to the internet, however, bad actors are trying to steal from those targets has increased drastically. Hackers, compromise, take or destroy hundreds of billions of dollars in intellectual property and real money as well as assessing the critical military top secrecy from various nations, majorly the United States annually.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Privacy]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- While the Federal Trade Commission has data security guidelines there is some significant room for improved regulations. The one regulation that is relevant to all companies is that they must meet cyber security compliance requirements. The FTC has the ability to charge companies for poor security practices, especially those that put consumers in danger. In order for Zara to prevent a FTC cyber security action lawsuit they must enact this incident response plan. The components of this plan include all of the compliance measures, which can avoid lawsuits similar to those faced by Zara’s competition.... [tags: Security, Information security]
701 words (2 pages)