From: Christopher Beberness
Subject: Vulnerability Assessment Analysis
Date: October 8, 2016
The vulnerability assessment is used in the cyber security field of the computer science. The purpose of this report template is to effectively convey information conducted from a penetration test on a company’s network.
The vulnerability assessment report is comprised of any exploit or possible weaknesses found in a company’s network while conducting a penetration test as well as a level of risk and how it can be addressed . A penetration test is usually performed by an internal team member to exploit vulnerabilities that they find within a network. Penetration test is like a software attack targeted towards a computer system where it can look for a security weakness or a particular goal . The test will try different ways to attain the desired goal. Once a security weakness or a particular goal is acquired a vulnerability assessment report is then filled out. The employee who conducted the test has to give a detailed expiation of the methods and tests they used to find the desired exploit . Along with a level of risk and a description of the impact that exploit could have to the company . When a vulnerability assessment is done it is usually giving to a IT Director or a technical leader who will then assess the problem and try to fix it based off of the communication within the report .
Daniel DeCloss is Director of IT Security at Scentsy incorporated in Meridian, Idaho. After Daniel graduated from Northwest Nazarene University with a bachelor in computer science, he went on to further his education and joined the Naval Postgraduate School . There he receive...
... middle of paper ...
...echnical details provide in the report. However, an audience for other reports, emails, memos, and letters might not know a lot of technical detail and should be taken into consideration . The writing has to make sense to someone who might not have the same job you.
In order to set oneself apart from others in the cyber security field is to learn how to write and read code. In the interview, Daniel recommended learning programs like as C++, Python, and Java script . These skills will provide a better understanding of computer programs that one might be trying protecting or trying to hack into. Trying to protect data or hack without the skills of understanding computer programs will be more difficult. Learning these skills will also open a lot more opportunities in the field. Internships will also look for characteristics like these when deciding to hire .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Businesses and people are using Internet for entertainment, e-business and e-commerce, social networking, and communication to the people and business, but there have always been threats to the Internet Security. Internet security is major concern in field of technology, because there are various personal, business and government data on the Internet. Today every businesses and organizations have their own security systems to reach their goals of information security. Internet security systems are created to reduce cyber attack risks, reliability, maintain confidentiality, and compliance with privacy laws and national security laws.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Internet]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- What is cyber security well the best way I can describe it is you help businesses and companies with internet problems such as Hacking, or just anything you don’t want people to get a hold of like personal information. The reasoning I want to go into the field of cyber security is because I want to stop people that mess up my life and other peoples for no reason at all and it’s a growing problem since we have so much more technology now a days. From smart television to cellphone and social media accounts all are vulnerable and people to constantly watch for problems.... [tags: Computer, Computer security, Software engineering]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- The cyber security of communications systems is the vulnerability of our communications to information welfare. Communications systems are a critical component of our national security and emergency preparedness resources. Information exchange through voice data, video, and internet connectivity are the major supporting factors and constitute an important part of the overall national critical infrastructure. There are many different jobs within this field that require a broad range of knowledge, skills and abilities.... [tags: Security, National security, Computer security]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- Cyber security is defined as the protection of information on computer systems and the protection of the hardware that supports or stores the information on computers or servers. This level of protection can include controlling physical access to the hardware, as well as protecting against harm that may come from local or remote network access, data and code injection and due to malpractice by system operators, who may have been tricked by outside personnel to place the system in a compromising situation.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- A Career in Cybersecurity In the modern world, almost everyone has a computer whether it is in their pocket or on their desk at home. Passwords might protect our electronic devices; however hackers have found ways to get around these barriers to steal private and personal information not only from average citizens but also the government and large corporations. This is where information security analysts step in to protect our information that, if fallen into the wrong hands, can cause serious issues.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Hello this is Cristian Munoz I 'm currently a freshman at El Paso community college. My major is computer science with a minor in cyber security. I 'm not your ordinary college student, I was a part time student at El Paso Community College and at University Texas at El Paso. Unfortunately, this semester I wasn 't able to enroll part time at both Universities due to high tuition rates, but that didn 't stop me from going to school. I 'm currently enrolled fifth-teen credited hours at El Paso Community College.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school, Computer]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- ... The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reported that the number of cyber attacks launched against U.S. infrastructure in 2012 increased by over 50 percent, and over 7,000 key industrial control systems are vulnerable to attack. Cybercriminals tend to focus where the weak spots are and use technique until it becomes less effective, and then move on to the next frontier. For this reason, the targets and the attacks techniques change every time. As example of some of the most attacks techniques utilized are socially engineered, unpatched software and Phishing attacks.... [tags: cyber attacks, hacking]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- As hackers begin to be a threat to companies and governments a new field of work called cyber security emerged. With this new workforce, companies need more than just Information Technology (I.T) professionals because cyber security includes all realms of Information Technology. To make up for the lack of cyber security professionals academic institutions started implementing cyber security degrees that go by many names such as an Information Security Assurance degree. Although, the relevancy of cyber security degrees are debated, employees with the degree are better prepared for their careers and more valuable to their employers than those without degrees.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- Breaches and Security Implications by Penetration of the Western Interconnection’s Traffic Control System and its Effects on Modern Day Life Year after year, a number of films are released involving computer hacking of some sort along with cyber-villainy. As entertaining as they are, the validity of these possibilities is not explored. Many of these films center revolve around a chaotic vehicle-related scene where a form of the government’s transportation grid is compromised. The breach typically involves traffic control.... [tags: Cyber Terrorism, Cyber Terrorists]
3307 words (9.4 pages)
- ... Google Shows this in their operating system by enabling an option in their OS called "Verify Apps" which enables the user to verify the app is written by a verified developer is ok with Google.(google dev) This option is globally enabled on over 90% of devices.(Chacos, 1) As for the past there were a lot more traditional methods in defending against a virus. According to Paul Gil an "antivirus" is protective software designed to defend your computer against malicious software Malicious software, or "malware" includes: viruses, Rats, Trojans, dialers, hijackers, keyloggers, and other bad code that vandalizes or steals your computer contents.(Gil 1) In practice to have a strong defense... [tags: technology, antiviruses, sandboxes]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- The Civil And Constitutional Rights
- Why Law Enforcement Should Spend More Time Ticketing Drivers
- Effects Of The On African, Caribbean And Pacific Group Of States ( Acp )
- Business Practices Of Friday Morning An Interview
- Analysis Of The Book ' The Matrix '
- Behaviorism And Its Effects On The Individual