The cyber security department will ensure that the organization will have continual protected access to the organization’s network. The protected access of the network will be available 24 hours a day and 7 days out of the week. The protected access will also be available during emergencies. Emergencies will not hamper or hinder the organization’s ability to access the network. Arrangements have been put in place for emergencies to have protected access to the network. The cyber security department will continual strive to improve their services. “Cyber-attacks on a Process Control Network (PCN) pose a risk to the operation” (Henry, 2009, p.223). The uninterrupted, protected access to the organization’s network is the top priority of the cyber security department.
Network hackers are forever inventing ways to break into the computer systems of organizations. Their aim is to take adventure of the susceptibilities of the system. Hackers remain only limited by the created activity of their minds. Hackers have the time, capability, and experience to infra trace any system. The organization has the responsibility to prevent hackers from infra tracing their system. Organizations remain required to plan for the assaults of hackers. Organization can only be better prepared to defend against hackers, if the organization has taken the necessary action to hinder the hackers’ assaults. There remain various ways in which an organization can prepare to do battle with hackers. The first step to battling hackers is for the organization to have an excellent understanding of its abilities and capabilities. Security analysis systems remain invented to aid organizations in the process of un...
... middle of paper ...
...artment is also devoted to employ the latest technology and methodology to maintain and operate the organization’s network. Emergencies will not interrupt the operation of the organization’s network. The network will remain available at all times. The protection and continual operation on the network is top priority for the cyber security department. The cyber security department will protect the organization’s network with the best interest of the organization as their principle.
(2005). Security Director's Report. IOMA's, (ISSUE 05-1), 3.
Henry, M. H., & Haimes, Y. Y. (2009). A Comprehensive Network Security Risk Model
for Process Control Network. Risk Analysis: An International Journal, 29( Issue2), 26.
McGee, A. R., Vasireddy, S. R., & Xie, C. (2004). A Framework for Ensuring Network
Security. Bell Labs Technical Journal, 8( Issue 4), 21.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Case Study #2: Integrating Disaster Recovery / IT Service Continuity with IT Governance Frameworks CSIA 350 Professor: Mario Camilien Charles Kim Introduction of Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Plan Disaster recovery (DR) plans are a necessity in today’s digital world. The reliance on digital content and IT services are critical for daily operations. Disaster recovery plans provide systematic approaches for reinstating a system from a natural or cybersecurity disruption.... [tags: Business continuity planning, Disaster recovery]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- 1. Three Network Security concepts that are reality. Explain in depth. I could relate many topics that were discussed in our class. Here are three network security concepts in detail. Cryptography Many concepts of cryptography were used in this movie and I feel it is important for me to discuss about this concept in depth. “Cryptography” is the method of establishing a secure communication in the presence of third parties. So we are protecting and verifying the transmitted information. Cryptography is all about constructing and analyzing protocols that block third parties from accessing the secure information.... [tags: Business continuity planning, Information security]
2390 words (6.8 pages)
- Introduction: A IT disaster can be unpredictable and inevitable to an organization. For instance, these types of disasters “can be man-made, natural disasters, technology failures and more” (Business continuity and disaster recovery plan, 2008). Many cybersecurity companies should emphasize the need for organizations to have a DR/BCP in place. In fact, cybersecurity “should acknowledge and embrace the linkages between information security and other departments, such as business continuity, disaster recovery, and emergency management” (Kirvan, P, 2014).... [tags: Information security, Security, Computer security]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- While the Federal Trade Commission has data security guidelines there is some significant room for improved regulations. The one regulation that is relevant to all companies is that they must meet cyber security compliance requirements. The FTC has the ability to charge companies for poor security practices, especially those that put consumers in danger. In order for Zara to prevent a FTC cyber security action lawsuit they must enact this incident response plan. The components of this plan include all of the compliance measures, which can avoid lawsuits similar to those faced by Zara’s competition.... [tags: Security, Information security]
701 words (2 pages)
- Change Management plans plays pivotal role in information security to mitigate risks by allowing an organization to operate efficiently. With the rise in network attacks and social networking attacks, organizations and mostly Chief Security Officers (CSO’s) are reluctant to review their security policies and to secure their IT systems in order to avoid exposure to reputational risk. In addition, with the change in the organizational hierarchy and new products in demand, it is equally important for organizations to review change management plans by being adhered to the NIST security standards.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Why Study Information Security. The study aims at providing knowledge on preventive measures against web attacks on computers, networks and the data stored in them. This security is also essential for protection against identity theft and the phishing of user information for financial gain, it will also equip an individual with the knowledge to help them differentiate and identify a genuine address from an address indicating fraud. The study of information security is also a career subject and has offered a large number of people’s jobs.... [tags: Information security, Computer security, Security]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Information security refers to all of the approaches and policies designed to protect a corporation’s information and facts machine from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption modification, or destruction. it 's a standard term that may be used regardless of the shape the data might also take. As for information protection, people typically divided it into two components, which are the IT safety and facts assurance. Sometimes referred as computer security, information technology security has been information security applied to technology, which most often some form of computer system.... [tags: Computer, Computer security, Information security]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- The Kellogg’s Company has been a long and faithful partner to Homeland Security and the Critical Infrastructure security development process. This document will provide answers to each piece of information requested in your letter.As you will see in the answer below, our company regularly submits reports to the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to supply transparent information on our practices and shortcomings as we develop and find them. Though it is someone of an overview of our Homeland Security efforts at Kellogg’s, we hope that it will satisfy your request.... [tags: Security, National security]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- As a small business owner you 're likely the one that makes all major decisions about your organization. You 've carefully vetted employees to make sure they share your company vision and invested your financial resources wisely to make sure you have an awesome website with engaging content that resonates with your target audience. Perhaps you 've even studied the new Google search ranking algorithm to make sure your business is always near the top spot on first page results with local-specific and organic search queries.... [tags: Management, Small business, Risk, Business]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Today’s businesses are increasingly complex, and rely on multiple internal processes and external organizations to ensure the delivery of service. In this environment, past incidents as well as current trends highlight the necessity for implementing a Business Continuity Program (BCP) to limit losses from business disruptions. There are limited regulations on the implementation of a Business Continuity Program in Canada. At the moment, entities must comply with the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, the Emergency Management act as well as various other acts administered by their respective provinces and municipalities.... [tags: Business continuity planning, Management]
896 words (2.6 pages)