Through research, it was proven by professionals that employees are better prepared for their work in the information security assurance field. Employees are better suited for cyber security positions with a degree in cyber security because of what the course work consists of. For example, In a peer-reviewed article called “Towards Changes in Information Security Education” which is written by three professionals their names are Mariana Hentea, Harpal S. Dhillon , and Manpreet Dhillon. The three are cyber security specialist and in their article, it mentions “An educational system that cultivates an appropriate knowledge of computer security will increase the likelihood that the next generation of Information Technology (IT) workers will have the background needed to design and develop systems that are engineered to be reliable and secure.” (222) The text means with the right cyber security degree emphasizing the right course work an employee could be better suited for the cyber security field. The types of course work to make an employee better qualified is shown in the articl...
... middle of paper ...
... programs like it, should consider adding human factors coursework as a requirement into the program.” (10) If an employee who went to one of these colleges that were awarded the Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education the employee will have undergone rigorous course work to earn their degree which would make them more versatile in their workplace and likely for a promotion.
With research, it is proven by professionals that with the right cyber security degree an employee can be better prepared for their career in the cyber security than those without a degree. The degree must be a recognized program by the National Security Agency and that will make the degree relevant to the workforce as the program has gone under a rigid review. Thanks to professional research showing with the right cyber security degree a career in the cyber security field can be in reach.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Businesses and people are using Internet for entertainment, e-business and e-commerce, social networking, and communication to the people and business, but there have always been threats to the Internet Security. Internet security is major concern in field of technology, because there are various personal, business and government data on the Internet. Today every businesses and organizations have their own security systems to reach their goals of information security. Internet security systems are created to reduce cyber attack risks, reliability, maintain confidentiality, and compliance with privacy laws and national security laws.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Internet]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- The cyber security of communications systems is the vulnerability of our communications to information welfare. Communications systems are a critical component of our national security and emergency preparedness resources. Information exchange through voice data, video, and internet connectivity are the major supporting factors and constitute an important part of the overall national critical infrastructure. There are many different jobs within this field that require a broad range of knowledge, skills and abilities.... [tags: Security, National security, Computer security]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- Pursuit of knowledge has always been my obsession and the propelling force behind all my achievements. I intend to pursue a Ph.D. in cybersecurity and my career aspiration is to become a professor and a researcher. My research interests include Insider threats, Malware and Botnets, Network security, security of IoT, Cyber warfare, Identity and integrity, social Engineering, physical Infrastructure security, Industrial control system security, usable security, Cybercrime and the underground economy, cybersecurity Risk Management, international corporation on cybercrime and cyber terrorism, end-user security, Economics of information security, Privacy and freedom issues, Soc... [tags: Security, Computer security, Saudi Arabia]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- One of the things that is now top priority for organizations is to have a cyber security policy in place. It is estimated that over $400 billion dollars is lost per year due to cybercrimes. In this paper, I am dealing with a hypothetical law firm that is focused on logical security techniques that will help keep their data safe. I will be creating an information cyber-security policy that will include roles and responsibilities along with a cyber-security policy statement. I will also describe the type of security testing methodology I will utilize to assess the technical controls.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Cyber security is the protection of networks, computers, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access. This is important because a great number of our confidential information is on computers and transmit that data across networks to other computers. As of now cyber-attack is one of the transnational issues that we are concern about in the United States. If these private networks were hack our national security infrastructure will be in distress. Cyber security is operating through the Department of homeland security (DHS) privacy office and the component privacy offices.... [tags: Security, National security]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Should be people be able to obstruct their identities online. People around the world have emails, bank accounts, social media accounts, and credit cards. Thousands of cards and account passwords are entered into the internet every day, but are we secure. Today our world is so technologically advanced that any hacker, stalker, or pedophile can have our information with a click of a button. There are several ways that they get our information such as phishing, fake websites, emails, and many others.... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Password]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- CYBER RISK FOR IoT IoT is connecting millions of devices with each other on the network. The connection is no doubt providing the real-time data and keeping the world on the move, but the constant connectivity at all times is increasing the risk of cyber threats as well. The vulnerability of the IoT devices to the threats cannot be undermined. From the kitchen to the automotive to healthcare data to any other personal data – everything is stored and is vulnerable. Not just personal IoT device data, but the industrial data is also at risk for cyber threats.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Identity theft]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- The phrase ‘cyber risk’ means jeopardizing an organization’s financial status and revenue due to the advancement in technology (IRM, 2014). The concern with the increase growth in technology, it causes a high risk in security and privacy. Cyber risk may not only occur in big or small organizations, but also data breach in high-profile personnel’s or release of government documents. While businesses and society continue to engage in the use of technology, the potential cyber threat is really underestimated.... [tags: Security, Risk, Risk management]
2313 words (6.6 pages)
- The invention of biometrics has revolutionized 21st century cyber security like never before and has become an integral part of modern society. Biometrics recognizes an individual’s physical and behavioral characteristics through fingerprint scanning, handprint scanning, voice recognition, etc. However, the problem with biometrics is often times its reliability can be questionable. This issue comes with plenty of symptoms because it can be unreliable in a variety of ways. Previous attempts in finding solutions fail to recognize the replication of data is possible.... [tags: Biometrics, Surveillance, Computer security]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- A Career in Cybersecurity In the modern world, almost everyone has a computer whether it is in their pocket or on their desk at home. Passwords might protect our electronic devices; however hackers have found ways to get around these barriers to steal private and personal information not only from average citizens but also the government and large corporations. This is where information security analysts step in to protect our information that, if fallen into the wrong hands, can cause serious issues.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
1229 words (3.5 pages)