The social media and mobile technology strategy currently in place for Movember Canada is quite sufficient and inclusive of the many mobile platforms. The Movember Foundation, in its entirety, is as successful and popular as it is because its keen ability to leverage its social media assets and mobile technologies. The foundation’s main form of fund-raising is largely centred on the pledges effective use of their individual social media profiles to promote their Movember Profile and online fundraising ability. The pledges are able to constantly update their social media profiles (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc…) with pictures of their growing moustache and fundraising efforts using the Movember mobile app’s, available for both Android and iPhone. Therefore, the foundation has set up a simple, yet complex, social media and mobile technology infrastructure for its pledges that is cross-platform and streamlined. Their strategy not only inherently increases funds raised towards mens health initiatives, but it also increases the foundations exposure since the organization is getting free advertisement on millions of it’s pledges social media profiles, simultaneously.
That said, the issue with the social media strategy currently place is in the foundation’s own social media activity. The Canadian branch of the Movember Foundation currently has limited activity on Facebook and Twitter outside of the actual month of Movember. Movember Canada’ s twitter handle was last active on December 8th, while the last Facebook post made was on December 3rd, which included picture of the Vancouver Gala Parté 2014. Therefore, the foundation currently inconsistent, but still content-driven, p...
... middle of paper ...
... is a wasted of opportunity because it has the chance to educate a large audience on mens health issues and initiatives.
However, Movember Canada does provide engaging content to its follower through various other forms of content on social media. On Twitter the organization retweets many of its followers pictures and also tags its followers picture on Facebook; both on Twitter and Facebook Movember Canada posts original content that include photos such as memes, images of famous individuals, such as sports stars, showing off their Mo’s etc… The organization also posts many videos of artists who throwing concerts in partnership with or supporting Movember Canada. Therefore, although Movember Canada’s social media sites lack in posts rich in educational information and are not feedback oriented content, the organization excels in posting original and engaging content.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the articles, “No Need to Call” by Sherry Turkle and “I Had a Nice Time with You Tonight” by Jenna Wortham, both authors discuss how the power of social media has drastically changed our social lives. Both authors agree that social media has influenced the way people interact and how it has vastly influenced social behavior and communication. With the rise of social media, there are concerns that many people are now substituting virtual, online communications for real-life social relationships.... [tags: Mobile phone, Communication, Social media]
1401 words (4 pages)
- Introduction The emergence of mobile media has had a mostly positive impact on society, specifically in the industries of journalism, music and television. Media is something that is meant for the masses, and since most people have access to mobile media devices such as smartphones and tablets, the media industry has been able to benefit from this because their content has become more accessible and easier to distribute. One positive effect of mobile media on society is (that some may view as negative) immediacy.... [tags: Mass media, Entertainment, Television, Sociology]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- How to Optimize Social Commerce for Mobile Shoppers Do you know how to attract mobile shoppers. Are you struggling to gain customer momentum. According to comScore, 72% of the mobile market has a smartphone, and Facebook ranked as the leading app. Mobile devices are part of our everyday shopping lives—whether comparing prices or reading customer reviews. Tackle social commerce. Here are 6 ways to engage your mobile shoppers. 1. Create Mobile Product Videos Consumers want to experience products firsthand.... [tags: Social media, Web 2.0]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Social networking is slowly becoming a major pathway of communication in society. Communicating via social media is not the only platform, but communicating via social media on a mobile device has become default rather than using computers. When it comes to communicating, Lee Humphreys came up with three approaches that users of social media use in order to effectively keep in touch with other around them, both known and unknown. They three approaches are connecting, coordinating, and cataloguing, in reference to his article, “Connecting, Coordinating, Cataloguing: Communicative Practices on Mobile Social Networks.” In this critique, I will briefly summarize the theories he employed, the res... [tags: Scientific method, Sociology, Social media, Space]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- The creation of internet and social media has permanently changed how people interact with one another. Millions of people log on to the internet daily for the purpose on interaction. Moreover, according to Nils Smith, social media is the most popular activity on the internet. This twenty-first century phenomenon is a great opportunity for the church to capitalize on this innovative technology using it as a ministry tool for evangelism. Thousands of people use social media daily in Columbia and according to Aaron Earls only “40 percent of Protestant churches in America still were not using any social networking tools.” In fact, evangelism as a whole seems to be no longer a priority for man... [tags: Facebook, Social media, Virtual community]
1637 words (4.7 pages)
- The internet has changed the way the world particularly teens view information and their behaviour when relaying the information they receive. The entertainment industry is effected by how teen relay details over the internet and whether they choose to share it with others in a positive or negative light. The effect social media and teen culture have on the entertainment industry can have both positive and negative impact. With the growth of these networks the more positive impacts it has on the industry.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Internet]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- Over the past few years, social media has grown rapidly and gained the attention of individuals across the world. What exactly is social media. Basically, social media is a form of electronic communication that allows individuals to communicate with each other, create social profiles, and even share their perception on music and photos. Surprisingly, social media has caused some countries to produce boycotts and other types of rebellions. More than fifty percent of people learn about breaking news through social media.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Social media]
1551 words (4.4 pages)
- Marketing opportunities are endless with the use of mobile devices and the use of effective mobile marketing strategies. Direction communication to the target audience, anytime, anywhere is what it offers. We are in a social era, which is mostly characterized by the convenience of using the Internet and all things mobile. Essentially, mobile marketing is an absolutely must in a technological environment that is constantly changing. Consumers rely on their mobile device to swipe and search every second they get.... [tags: Marketing, Mobile phone, Internet, Advertising]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- According to Statista, “In 2016, 78 percent of U.S. Americans had a social media profile, representing a five percent growth compared to the previous year.” Currently, most individuals are familiar with and known to have at least one social media site. Social media has affected society in mostly positive ways. Social sites are used for connecting with people who are, for example, residing in different countries, different time zones, or even just different cities. Social sites have enhanced the process of spreading news from one point to another.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, World, Earth]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Social networks have become increasingly more significant in our lives and in society. They connect us to the people in our lives, keep us informed on current events, and provide us with entertainment. Not only do they allow us to communicate with other individuals around the world and information but they also afford us social capital that we did not have access to before. Social media sites such as facebook and myspace which focus mostly around social connections and entertainment based user content are usually the first we think of when social media sites are mentioned but they are not the only kind of sites available.... [tags: Sociology, Social network service, Social media]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Chinua Achebe 's Things Fall Apart
- Global Warming Is A Key Problem For The Humankind Nowadays
- Media Coverage On The Media
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus ( Hiv ) -1 Infection
- My Job Is The Elderly
- Why Was Thomas Jefferson 's Penning Of The Declaration Of Independence Become Controversial Over The Years?