‘An account with a bank or building society from which money may be withdrawn without notice, #
Standard Current Account:
Standard Current accounts are offered by all banks and building societies, such as Halifax, Barclays, Santander, Natwest and Lloyds, as well as some non bank businesses, such as Marks and Spencers, Sainsburys, Co-operative and the Post Office. Standard Current Accounts have debut cards and allow customers to withdraw cash. In the past, cheque books would have also been used however these are now becoming less popular. The bank send customers bank statements either monthly or quarterly showing all debits and credits on the account over the set period of time. Current Accounts also have overdraft facilities which allow customers to borrow money and pay the bank back when they next get paid however customers get charged for using this service. The amount they get charged varies depending on the bank they are using. Most banks allow current account customers to use an online facility to manage their money and also a telephone service. Online, customers can see their debits and credits in real time so they do not have to wait until their next statement; they can also transfer money online and apply for extras on their account.
Current Accounts With Extras/ Premium Accounts:
Current accounts with extras are accounts which offer customers extra incentives on top of their regular current account. They are focused at high earners with significant amounts of money in savings or investments due to the personalised banking service which is provided. These accounts often come with a monthly fee but the offers available determine whether the cost is worth paying. Some examples of these extras include trav...
... middle of paper ...
... current accounts are for students who are coming to the United Kingdom to study. They offer a free foreign cheque deposit in a set period of time but have a monthly fee. There is no overdraft and customers receive a debit card for transactions. Customers have the opportunity to manage their finances through mobile, online and telephone facilities.
Foreign Currency/ Euro Account:
Foreign currency accounts are for people who need frequent and regular transactions in a currency other than the British sterling. It allows people to make and receive payments with ease across countries. The account usually has no minimum balance and has electronic transfers. Euro accounts work identically to foreign currency accounts but are used for the Euro and not any other currency.
Main Information Source:
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This project is a condominium apartment building, they are renovating it to rent it. The name of the company was Turner, unfortunately they didn 't provide us with the names of the archives, engineerings or owner since is a private project. The project is hard way done and should be finished by the year 2017. When we went we meet Ms. Ramos is a Superintended on the Turner project. Ms. Ramos she helped us during the tour and with answering a couple of questions. When went Friday December 2nd to talk to her, we been email her to get a couple of questions and she was very nice to reply.... [tags: Construction, Project management, Building]
1041 words (3 pages)
- New Construction -The Complete Building Process Timeline Before starting any work on new construction, whether the project is business to business working as a team member with other trades, or a direct relationship with a consumer; a discussion on the approved plans and the overall design style and structure needs to happen. From an engineering and architectural standpoint, the paper design looks outstanding and the construction challenge is assembling a working and fully compliant building to the vision.... [tags: Construction, Building, Building code, Architect]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Checktec has one common goal of bringing a new software product to the architecture market that will change the process of designing buildings. A current problem that architects and other building designers have is ensuring that all of their designs are up to code. The code that is used for all buildings is the International Building Code (IBC). Currently all designs have to be checked by hand and by multiple workers to ensure that the codes meet the IBC standards. With our new code checking technology this process will be forever improved.... [tags: Construction, Customer service, Building]
710 words (2 pages)
- Introduction This report concentrates on depicting the distinctive sorts of the building construction systems. Construction usually differs from manufacturing in that manufacturing commonly contains a mass number of comparable things without a designated purchaser, while construction normally takes spot around area for A known customer. Construction systems need aid those routes Previously, which materials are joined together to build those components of a building. They might a chance to be ordered as stated by the impostor of the framework under heavyweight Also lightweight development.... [tags: Building, Construction, Fire protection, Occupancy]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- It was the time of the Civil War. Violence and death was consuming the United States at an alarming rate, separation was growing more forcibly, and the nation was being torn apart by differing beliefs of what was best for the country at that time. As the the war grew bloodier, many wounded soldiers were admitted into hospitals at such great quantities that they were often overlooked and not given the optimum care that they needed, until one nurse decided to give a bit of tenderness and compassion to a soldier in a time of despair.... [tags: Louisa May Alcott, Emotion, Orchard House]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Without Consicence: The Disturbing World Of The Psychopaths Among Us Robert D Hare is respected by his colleagues worldwide as an expert on psychopathy. He gained much of his insights as a Psychologist employed with CSC (Correctional Service of Canada) starting in the early 60's. At the present time he is a Professor of Psychology at the University of British Columbia. He and his students have interviewed hundreds of psychopathic offenders. This book is rich with transcripts of those interviews, giving gripping insights into what makes them "tick." This IS NOT a shallow pop psychology, "self help" book.... [tags: Without Consicence]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Biography of Louisa May Alcott Louisa May Alcott was born in Germantown, Pennsylvania, the daughter of Amos Bronson Alcott, an educator and philosopher, and Abigail May, the energetic, philanthropist. Louisa grew up in Concord and Boston, suffering from poverty as a result of her selfish idealist father's inability to support his family. Bronson Alcott habitually sacrificed his wife and daughters by refusing to compromise with a venal world, most conspicuously when he subjected them to an experiment in ascetic communal living at Fruitlands farm in 1843.... [tags: Louis May Alcott Writers Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- An Analysis of The Building Larkin put "The Building" in the middle of his collection for a reason, it is a pillar that supports the rest of the collection with its long lines and many verses, and because of this, is maybe a bit more clearer than some of his other poems in the ideas and views that are expressed through it. Of course, being a Larkin a poem, there is the obligatory underlayer which so many people miss, but in "The Building" it is easier to discern and comprehend. The title of the poem, "The Building" already hints at the main theme of the poem.... [tags: The Building]
1040 words (3 pages)
- An Analysis of To Have without Holding by Marge Piercy The poem "To Have without Holding," by Marge Piercy, is about the speaker trying to reconcile the conflict between her preconceived notion of a personal relationship with present reality. Her partner, whom she must feel worth the pain and effort, apparently has a more liberal and open approach, which causes her to feel insecure. The poem expresses, using metaphor, simile, and symbolism, the speaker's discomfort at a point in time in this emotionally unbalanced relationship.... [tags: To Have without Holding Essays]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- Langston Hughes' Poem, Without Benefit of Declaration "BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE." This phrase is run on commercials in an attempt to try and recruit men and women to enlist in the United States Army. The commercial shows men and women completing obstacles and high tech training. Some other commercials for the United States Armed Forces use tactics, such as; awarding money for college after the recruit has spent a given amount of time in their Army, Navy, or Air Force. But, what the commercials fail to do is to depict the reality of any soldier's life post war.... [tags: Without Benefit Declaration Essays]
836 words (2.4 pages)