I. Culture Overview
a. Definition of Culture
b. History of Egypt
a. Geographical Impacts
II. Government and Military
b. Coups and Religion
III. Citizens and Revolution
Electronic Warfare SLC
3 March 2014
Culture, is defined as the beliefs, customs, arts, and way of life of a particular society, group, place, or time of a particular society or group of people. (Merriam_Webster Incorporated) The concentrated focus of the content herein will surround the customs, beliefs, attitudes, and ways of life that have come to dictate how Egypt and the Egyptian people have gone from a Sub-Saharan dynasty of rule to the revolutionary culture we see today. Provisionary concepts that will provide awareness to the societal impacts the Egyptian people have created or endured will align with the Civil Considerations outlined if Field Manual 3-24 “Counter Insurgency” which are areas, structures, capabilities, organizations, people, and events. (Army)
Becoming aware of a culture supersedes the individual emotions you may experience in trying to understand how a group of people have become, through their own experience, different from the identity that you have attained from your own culture. “Cultural awareness is one being aware of their personal attitudes, beliefs, biases, and behaviors that may influence the type of care they are able to render in an environment.” (Mopraize)
... middle of paper ...
... December 2011. Digital.
The Daily Beast. 13 January 2014. 2 March 2014.
The Economist. "Trafficking in North Africa." The Economist 17 August 2013: 1. Digital.
UNESCO. UNESCO. 2010. 2 March 2014.
Unknown. Absolute Egyptology. n.d. 2 March 2014.
a. Words: 2580
b. Paragraphs: 65
c. Sentences: 98
a. Sentences per Paragraph: 6.1
b. Words per Sentence: 25.1
a. Passive Sentences: 9%
b. Flesch Reading Ease: 38.1
c. Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 14
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Why do you predict Egypt is called the gift of the Nile?” The students will use knowledge from yesterday’s lesson, and knowledge from today’s story to form their educated guess. In tomorrow’s lesson, the students will paint like an Egyptian on papyrus paper. We will discuss what papyrus paper is and why it is common in Egypt. The students will learn that papyrus is a plant grown around the Nile River Valley. Using their knowledge from the previous social studies and language arts lessons, the students will create a scene with acrylic paint including a geographical feature in Cairo, Egypt.... [tags: Ancient Egypt, Egypt, Cairo, Nile]
709 words (2 pages)
- ICT Egypt The Better World Foundation - NGO has a foreign languages program, named The International Center for Technology (ICT Egypt). ICT offers six language classes (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Arabic). Native speakers teach all classes. The program aims at helping students have the basic skills needed in today's job market. ICT Egypt currently provides training in many world languages such as English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Arabic. A volunteer staff of all native speakers of their respective languages teaches classes.... [tags: NGO's, improving professional capabilities]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Then the interviewer asked if the participant could kindly relate classroom experiences related to classroom awareness and classroom governance. The researcher rephrase the question by saying that "I mean did you face situations in which you feel the need to be culturally aware. I do not to focus on language and language differences. but I want to focus on differences cultural and in the classroom they may come from different cultures and I would like to find if you ever situations where you feel to be aware of cultural awareness".... [tags: Culture, The Culture]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Italy is not the big player on the international stage it once was but tides change and it seems throughout its political history they have always kept their collective eye out for power and opportunity. So the world will always watch closely what happens in Italy as far as the political climate of a once world power. Geography & Economy The nation of Italy is located in southern Europe the boot shaped Republic also claims the islands of Sicily, and Sardinia. Italy borders Switzerland, France, Austria, Slovenia, San Marino and yes Vatican City that is located on the Italian main land but is its own country.... [tags: European countries]
1977 words (5.6 pages)
- Culture Awareness: Israel In today’s modern and scientifically advanced society, there are countless and different categories of Cultures. Taking a moment to understand and comprehend another culture will develop and benefit you as an individual. All are distinctive in their own aspect. They also have many similarities. Although we all come from different backgrounds, our heritage and our surrounding allow us to identify who we are in character. We see different traits all over the world. The immense land of Israel is unique to the world.... [tags: Cultural Awareness, Jews]
2037 words (5.8 pages)
- ... Some movements went beyond that and defined the procedure as a form of violence against women, a violation of the body’s integrity, without consent and under social pressure (Boyle & Carbone-Lopez, 2006). Therefore, a person’s basic right for safety is being violated as well. FGM might be considered as a choice that women make since the procedure is done by women and usually the mother is responsible for her daughters’ circumcision (Shell-Duncan, 2008). However, human rights organizations assert that since a girl or a woman are under enormous social pressure and face the danger of being ostracized if they chose not to do the procedure, there is no real consent or choice, and there is no... [tags: egypt, genitals, circumcise]
2530 words (7.2 pages)
- Developing the theoretical orientation paper Sameh Abdelmalak I think the people who will be there in my funeral will say something about my real experiences with them, which will lead them to remember and describe some of my personal values that I practiced with them. The first value will be the Christian Faith, which I practiced by attending the services with my family, my daughter attending the Sunday school, participating in the project of the hunger people, attending the bible study meeting, and dealing with people in a nice way.... [tags: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Egypt, Thought]
1629 words (4.7 pages)
- ... An understanding of both these concepts allows individuals to develop strategies to implement to avoid miscommunication between themselves and people of differing cultures. The development of both cultural self-awareness and cultural intelligence is integral to efficient and acceptable cross-cultural communication (Brislin, Worthley & Macnab, 2006). Cultural self-awareness enables individuals to avoid cross-cultural miscommunication when interacting within different countries. When I was in Italy it was common for me to be stared at while out sightseeing which was very off-putting.... [tags: Culture, Cross-cultural communication, Sociology]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- ... An understanding of both these concepts allows individuals to develop strategies to implement to avoid miscommunication between themselves and people of differing cultures. The development of both cultural self-awareness and cultural intelligence is integral to efficient and acceptable cross-cultural communication (Brislin, Worthley & Macnab, 2006). Cultural self-awareness enables individuals to avoid cross-cultural miscommunication when interacting within different countries. Being able to interpret and react appropriately to other cultures is important, especially when overseas in order for both parties to feel comfortable (Flanja, 2009).... [tags: Culture, Cross-cultural communication, Sociology]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Recognizing the Need for Cultural Change Table of Contents 1. Introduction 2. Cultural awareness 3. Cultural sensitivity 4. Cultural competence 5. Cultural humility 6. Conclusion 7. References Introduction United States of America demographics profiles illustrates a nation rich in culture and culture diversity.... [tags: Cultural Awareness, Cultural Sensitivity]
1145 words (3.3 pages)