Education is why people attend college, hundreds of thousands of students are thrown onto campuses across the world and get involved in various campus clubs; however, despite their vast amount of differences, these kids share one similarity, they all brought their video game console. On move-in day almost every dormitory has some kind of gaming console. It is a common denominator that students share, that they can bond over. The PlayStation 4 is of the latest generation of consoles and by some considered the premiere gaming console. The Sony PlayStation plays all the latest games in stunning quality, run apps seamlessly, and can play almost any media, it is the perfect media device for college.
I chose the PlayStation 4 as my artifact because it is the computer that provides media and entertainment to the largest screen in a living space: the television. Having a beautiful eighty inch flat screen is useless without a device to play media. The PlayStation 4 is my device of choice to have connected to my TV. It is the jack of all trades, gaming on it is phenomenal, there is a Blu-ray player built in, and it has hundreds, if not thousands, of apps including Netflix. With a PlayStation 4 plugged into my TV I have access to endless amounts of content; A fundamental need to the college life.
Before moving into the dorms at Michigan State, I had to do a lot of shopping in preparation for the transition. Prior to moving in I knew my room needed at least one console for the four of us (I live in a quad). Since none of my three roommates had one I decided to get one off amazon. It was nice in the summer having one, but now it was more of a necessity. Recently, the price of a new PS$ dropped to $300. It is an e...
... middle of paper ...
... selection, a classic that people of all ages and genders love. The similarities in interest in this show and many others have led to many Netflix sessions ended shorter than originally planned. The scenario: a guy or girl would invite a partner, or partners (It’s 2016), over to “chill” these people would end up deciding on a show to binge. After a given amount of time bit one thing would lead to another- hence the title of the phenomenon: “Netflix and Chill”. All made possible by the PlayStation 4.
My experience at Michigan State University would not be the same if I had not bought my PlayStation last summer. Since that purchase I have watched many TV shows and movies with my roommates and friends and challenged many people to NHL and FIFA matches, all on my PlayStation 4. Without it, I would have missed out on so many friendships that I am grateful I have today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I chose to remix my cultural artifact which was my pointe shoes. I remixed my pointe shoes by creating a website about them and dance in general. I wanted to remix my cultural artifact because dance is a major part of my life and I thought it would be the best project to remix. The website has personal elements to it but is also includes more general facts and dance information. I included information about my dancing experience as well as basic information about dance and pointe shoes. I decided that it would be useful to include information for where I am currently dancing at Michigan State and other dance studios that are around campus.... [tags: Ballet, Dance, History of dance, Pointe shoes]
1394 words (4 pages)
- Description of the Artifact: Artifact 1: Artifact 1, under Tab C: Curricular Content Knowledge, the Instructional Plan Module, completed during ELSE 6193 Laboratory Experience was completed. For the Instructional Module, candidates were to create and teach two lesson plans for both elementary and secondary instructional settings. The lessons plans were to address one or more of the goals and objectives that were written in each student’s Individual Education Program (IEP). The candidates were to describe in detail the adaptations and modification that were needed for the target students to be able to fully participate in each lesson.... [tags: Education, Learning, Plan, Teaching]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- Artifact Study of an Olympiakos Soccer Jersey Introduction The artifact of appearance I have chosen is a soccer jersey representing Olympiakos, a team in the top Greek league. I acquired this article of clothing during the summer of 1995. Many factors have contributed to my interest in Greek soccer jerseys. These include my Greek heritage, my family's fanaticism with soccer, and the growing popularity of sports jerseys in the, for severe lack of a better term, alternative subculture. In this paper, I will perform an artifact study on this jersey.... [tags: Greece Greek Sports Essays]
1561 words (4.5 pages)
- Culture can be defined as “A pattern of basic assumptions invented, discovered or developed by a given group as it learns to cope with its problems of external adaptation and internal integration that has worked well enough to be considered valid, and therefore to be taught to the new members as the correct way to perceive, think and feel in relation to those problems”. Schein (1988) Organizational culture can be defined as a system of shared beliefs and values that develops within an organization and guides the behavior of its members.... [tags: Cultural Artifacts, Legends, Rituals, Google]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- Cultural Artifact Speech Outline I. Intro a. As Bob Marley once said, “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” Studies shown that classical music, specifically Mozart, help you engage in your studies better and as a result showed high test scores according to a test scientist at Stanford University held. Did you ever imagine how powerful a piece that was composed in the 1780’s could be. b. This is a classical music score of “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, one of many who is widely popular in the world of classical music.... [tags: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Mobile phones have even changed the way that individuals speak and associate with each other, making new governs of behavior and morals that have not yet been all around concurred upon. With this amazing technology and the new ways of using cell phone has made life so easy for all of us. It is the most vital factor of our lives today making it the only asset we want to carry with us when we leave our house. Today when someone asks you to pack your bags and go out somewhere, the only thing that comes to your mind is to take your cell phone with you and you're packed.... [tags: cultural artifact, lifestyle, minicomputer]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Technology has steadily evolved to develop more innovative and productive techniques in the making of various crafts. In addition to enhancing the quality of products, the ability to create them at a higher rate has been discovered. However, quality and quantity are usually inversely proportional to each other. In more recent times consumers have begun to desire Japanese artifacts. Most producers attempt to sate this desire through mass production. While this alternative may be inexpensive, it lacks the high quality that true artisans can deliver.... [tags: Japanese artifacts, Japan, art, swords,]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- Description of the Artifact: Artifact 1: For Artifact 1, under Tab F: Professional Learning and Practice, the Staff Development Project for ELAD 6423 Special Education Law, was completed. To complete the assignment, I created and conducted a staff development meeting concerning the disciplinary actions for special education students. To create the power point presentation, I used the information gathered in the Module 4 assignment which discussed the legal issues for behavior management of special needs students.... [tags: Special education, Education, Special needs]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction The purpose of this work is to evaluate the article “Do project managers practice what they preach, and does it matter to project success” written by (Papke-Shields, Beise, & Quan, 2010). Defining project success is debatable however; the article produced numerous data and information on many of the core practices that leads to project success. Using excerpts from the literature; an analysis is discussed directly after each topic pertaining to projects and successful management. The article’s information is relevant to professionals and customers seeking answers as to why some project fails and others succeed.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Functional, Matrix, and Dedicated Team Approaches to Managing Projects These team approaches have all different set of advantages and disadvantages to them. The major difference between the three is that functional team approach is “employed” totally from within the parent organization. Functional approaches have absolutely no cost to them and provide more than adequate flexibility in the use of staff. However, its disadvantages include poor integration and a distinct lack of ownership that does not leave employees discouraged to project related activities.... [tags: Project Management]
1170 words (3.3 pages)