"Yeah, I know. Crazy, right?" Nate said.
"How could you? That's aiding and abetting a terrorist."
Here we go. "A falsely accused terrorist," Nate corrected.
"You don't know that! Maybe he lied to you."
"I believe him."
"Nathan, we need to contact the authority and tell them the man they're looking for is still here in North Carolina.
"What! No! We can't do that. They'll put him away then he'll never get his information to the people who need it."
"Nathan, if they capture him, and if his story is true, the people needing his information will just go to him and verify that he's a spy. He'll be release. No harm done."
"No Hannah, it won't work that way. He's been made to look like a homegrown terrorist living with the Taliban for three years. Only two other people know the truth and one of them is missing. The only other person who can help is this General at the Pentagon. But he's never actually met Hajji. The only proof Hajji has of being a U.S. operative is on that USB."
"Right, and you said he took the place of someone else who was supposed to be on that plane?"
"Yeah, see, he got the USB in the mail. His contact sent it with a note two days before they were supposed to meet. The note said his contact's cover was blown. It to...
... middle of paper ...
...n-a-ways in a place that would be the first place a bounty hunter would look?"
"You're the history buff. Why?" Nate asked.
"Hannah said your great grand was a genius architect or something."
Nate shrugged. "I guess."
"So maybe there's something in the other part of the house that'll tell you what this stairway really is, because it wouldn't have been that secret and more than likely not a hide-a-way."
"So, he just built it for the heck of it?"
"If your great grand was really a genius, and if he was a stationmaster, then he would have known this place wouldn't conceal anything."
"But he really was a genius," Hannah said.
Again Nate got a warm fuzzy feeling like being wrapped in a blanket with love flowing through it. He got the definite impression that he wasn't the only one who really liked Hannah. Nathan Freedman the First had a crush on his girl.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bedard (2015) takes an interesting approach to understanding motivation; she talks about gamification, which refers to the use of game elements in contexts other than entertainment. Businesses, she says, are increasingly “bringing game elements into the work place to motivate employees to engage in numerous kinds of efforts, from learning to creative idea generation to quality improvement” (Bedard, 2015, p. 43). It makes sense that games can serve as illustrations of motivation: people are drawn to playing games for a reason, and that reason is –often- to seek new challenges and become winners.... [tags: Motivation, Game, Challenge, Play]
710 words (2 pages)
- Introduction Thai Namthip’s eco-crush bottle, marketing project done by Coca-Cola Thailand is an excellent case study of a contradiction in ethical marketing. In recent decades, ethical marketing mix has become increasingly important among all organization especially the concern over environmental impact of packaging. Plastic waste problem becomes a momentous issue globally (Hawkins, 2011). Many leading businesses have tried to develop new approaches in producing green packaging or named as Design For the Environment (DFE) approach (Hauschild et al., 2004).... [tags: Coca Cola Thailand marketing project]
1827 words (5.2 pages)
- Jealousy is an innate facet of humanity, an emotion universally felt during childhood. It is through this jealousy that we begin to resent the reality that we are given. In the article “Eat, Memory: Orange Crush,” Yiyun Li recalls how influential the western product “Tang” was during her childhood. Growing up, Li remembers a time where she was resentful of her lack of Tang, desiring the “Tangy” lifestyle which was symbolic of luxury and social status in China. Through the logos of Li’s father, Li’s appeal to pathos through her childhood experiences, and the disillusionment of Li’s utopian view of Tang, Li typifies the struggle a teenager undergoes as they grow up.... [tags: Remorse, Appeal, Ressentiment, Status attainment]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- It’s been a long time since I last wrote a letter for Douglas. He was really a special crush. My crush when I first set foot in Mindanao, from high school through early college years. For treasuring him that long, it was inevitable for a special place in my heart to be created for him. I remembered putting initials of letter “D” to some of my things just to show how much I claim him to be part of my life already. I remember how ecstatic I am every time I see him come home, we were neighbors before.... [tags: essays research papers]
710 words (2 pages)
- "Nathan, you did what?" On the phone with Hannah, Nate had just told her about his encounter with Hajji. He expected her to feel some of the same excitement as he. How often do you get to help a spy. But Hannah had been unexpectedly subdued during the telling. And he had attributed her long silence afterward to awe. But now, without the benefit of seeing her face, he wasn't sure how to read her response. Because it sounded suspiciously like a reprimand would follow that last statement. "Yeah, I know.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
1806 words (5.2 pages)
- I studied his face to try to get a feel for what he was thinking. “She looked scared but I don’t think it was that we are hunters and more that I knew about her sister. I don’t think she talks about it. So I get the feeling if she does ring me she’ll wanna talk to me alone.” I played with my fork on the table making it go up and down my pressing the fork end. Dean shook his head. “I’m not sure it’s a good idea for you to be too close to her alone, I saw how you reacted when you touched her Sam. I know you think you have this whole connection thing but I don’t like it!” he sat back and studied me.... [tags: Teenagers, Crush]
702 words (2 pages)
- Looking over her homework and shuffling her deck, a medium statured girl who instead of wearing the girl’s uniform for the academy, wore the male’s uniform. Her white colored hair cut to match the length of her father’s. The girl’s blue eyes bareliy left her papers as the teacher cleared his throat to catch her attention. “Anya Kaiba… I do hope you were paying attention and not just doing your own thing.”A blonde haired male teacher growled. Anya didn’t hesitate with her response. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were saying something important…What was it you were saying Doctor Crowler?” Crowler glared and turned to another student to pick on.... [tags: Tomboy, Crush]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- I narrowed it down to three choices. While I contemplated selecting the easier scenarios, I’m thankful I chose the child that broadened my horizons, challenged my intellect, caused reasonable fear for stepping outside of conventional methods, and complimented my two graduate courses, Literacy Foundation (Dr. Kira Baker-Doyle) and Intro to Inclusive Education (Dr. Slesaransky-Poe). Due to the requirements of this assignment, the picture of my student as a learner is intricate and cannot successfully be portrayed without the confidential content and evidence presented.... [tags: Education, Learning]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Highest Bidder, Highest Education High tuition prices crush more dreams than Mr. Grinch on Christmas Day. Not dreams to play in the National Football League or to become an astronaut, but dreams simply to attend college and get an education for a future career. State universities refuse to reduce costs of tuition because they know that students will pay regardless, hoping to get a solid concept of their post-graduate employment. In the long run, students will be forced to indulge in student loans, and will acquire massive debt immediately following graduation.... [tags: High school, Higher education, United States]
710 words (2 pages)
- ... "He did teach me well, that's why I know that word. Though an unintended pregnancy is the least of my concerns, but a disease could kill me. He's rather me be well prepared as it is," the black haired boy replied, obviously Kid. Emmie blushed as she realized what they were talking about. From her health class back at her old school she remembered that prophylactic was a barrier method of birth control, a male or female condom. "Well, anyway, this is Emmie, the girl who's been living with me since the beginning of summer.... [tags: personal narrative]
1772 words (5.1 pages)