Animal cruelty is a very sad topic, but it needs to be addressed. Innocent animals are harmed by humans, and not for self defence or survival. People do this just to do it, and that is why it is so ridiculous. Some do it to benefit from the animal, use them for things like fashion. There are other alternatives to making a fur coat, harming an innocent animal should not be an option. The fact that humans do it and get away with it is sickening. There are laws that protect the animals, but people, especially hunters, find ways around them. These animals should be living in an environment where they can feel safe. However, they are living in the complete opposite environment. Humans are at the top of the food chain, this makes them superior and able to make smart decisions. This also means they are able to make the correct decision in helping animals, and protecting their rights, as they are not able to themselves. There are some solutions that can prevent this horrible act from happening, and they need to be taken into consideration (“Top 10,” 2015).
First of all, the most obvious way to help with animal cruelty is to report it immediately. If there is any sign of distress or physical problems, one should know who to call to report the crime. Every town is different, so one might have to rely on the police department to take action, or he or she will have to contact animal control directly (“Animal Abuse,” 2011). They should make sure to provide as much information as possible. This helps immensely. If needed, they should write down the type of animal cruelty witnessed, who was involved, where it took place, and the date of the incident. No matter how small the detail, the more information the police have the be...
... middle of paper ...
...me. This can save the animal’s life, and help get it removed from the violent environment. To prevent any abuse on an animal, one can make sure young children learn right from wrong when dealing with animals. If children are taught how to treat an animal correctly when they are young, then they will know how to do it when they are older. A way to just help out and make sure the animals are taken care of after they are out of their old environment is to volunteer at a shelter. Lastly, one can adopt an abused animal, but he or she have to take very good care of it. Animal cruelty needs to be stopped. People are allowing this to happen, and that is not acceptable. The animals need protection from violence. Since animals cannot talk themselves, they need the help of people. This horrible act has been going on for too long and it is time it came to an end (“Top 10,” 2015).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Seeing maimed animals are not pleasant images. Those images sometimes appear across computer and television screens. The advocacy groups who place these images in the public’s view are trying to jolt people into the realization that abuse exists. For every ten seconds that goes by an animal is getting abused (“Animal… Statistics”). One statistic states that “71% of pet-owning women entering women’s shelters reported that their batterer had injured, maimed, killed or threatened family pets for revenge or to psychologically control victims; 32% reported their children had hurt or killed animals” (“Animal… Violence”).... [tags: Abuse, Cruelty to animals, Animal cruelty, Dog]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a rapidly growing nationwide problem. Animals are being battered and starved everyday. There are many forms of animal cruelty; some forms are scientific research, abandonment, and mistreatment. What many people believe is that most of these cases are done by animal owners is utterly untrue. Massive corporations like McDonalds and KFC’s have slaughterhouses in which they slaughter up to 4 million animals, per factory per day. They also use equipment that cause prolonged periods of suffering to animals, these corporations are also in total denial when confronted, this is absolutely shocking.... [tags: Animal cruelty, Animals, Corporations, ]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- One has to know what animal cruelty is before they can fight it affectively. Every day in the United States, animals are beaten, neglected, or forced to struggle for survival. (LearningToLive.org 1)We must stand as one to help these animals and punish their heartless owners (LearningToLive.org 1). We must speak out for them, if now us who. (LearningToLive.org 1). According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) animal cruelty is defined as “Acts of violence or neglect perpetrated against animals are considered animal cruelty,” according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).... [tags: Animal Cruelty]
2346 words (6.7 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a big problem around the world; in fact, most animals that are abused and neglected come from domestic violence in some cases. What is animal cruelty. Animal cruelty is when people harm and neglect animals. I always say that if anybody plans on buying a dog or cat, for instance, and cannot handle themselves, why bother buying a pet if he or she is not going to have the proper time to take care of the animal. Having pets is similar to having a child; a person has to have money, time, and patience.... [tags: Dog, Animal welfare, Animal cruelty, Abuse]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- Animal cruelty is the human infliction of suffering, pain, or even death to an animal for the purposes of training, discipline, sport or because it was intentional. Animal cruelty can be inflicted upon any animal on the planet weather they are domestic or exotic. In fact, an animal is abused every sixty seconds. By the end of this speech five or more animal will have been abused and during a typical school day beginning at 8 a.m. and ending at 2:15 more than 375 animals will have been submitted to some form of abuse.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Animal cruelty]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Animal cruelty has always been a hot topic for animal lovers all over the world. There are many organizations to try and end the cruelty of these innocent animals. It’s sad to think an individual would think treating an animal aggressively is an acceptable behavior. If a human is accused of animal abuse, then there should be serious consequences due to their wrongdoing. Animals need to be respected in the same manner as humans. There are many ways that could be considered animal abuse. A human physically harming the helpless animal, puppy mills, hoarding animals, cruel animal factories and many more are all considered animal cruelty.... [tags: animal abuse, puppy mill, animal cruelty]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Fight the Cruelty Animal cruelty is a very sad topic, but it needs to be addressed. Innocent animals are harmed by humans, and not for self defence or survival. People do this just to do it, and that is why it is so ridiculous. Some do it to benefit from the animal, use them for things like fashion. There are other alternatives to making a fur coat, harming an innocent animal should not be an option. The fact that humans do it and get away with it is sickening. There are laws that protect the animals, but people, especially hunters, find ways around them.... [tags: Abuse, Cruelty to animals, The Animals]
1064 words (3 pages)
- "Life is life 's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life 's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest" (Animal Welfare Quotes, 1). This quote is attributed to Lloyd Biggle Jr. Animal cruelty can be either deliberate abuse or simply the failure to take care of an animal. Either way, whether the animal is a domesticated pet, a farm animal, or wildlife, the victim can suffer terribly.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- An uncivilized society is indicated by animal maltreatment. First, the brutality on animals dis-plays society to be savagely cruel and shows that America supports violence. Second, exploiting animals for any sort of amusement, entertainment and products is unfairly abusive. Third, using psychological torment to gain power or control over living creatures will leave lasting damage. Animals should have rights because as long as they do not have any, physical mistreatment, ex-ploitation, and psychological mistreatment will continue.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing, Abuse]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- Animal cruelty encompasses a range of different behaviors harmful to animals, from neglect to malicious, brutal killings. Studies show that animal cruelty may lead to more serious forms of crime, like heavy drug use, violent outbursts, and most common, cold blooded murder. Many studies in psychology, sociology, and criminology during the last twenty-five years have demonstrated that violent offenders frequently have childhood and adolescent histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty.... [tags: animal neglect killings animal cruelty]
1531 words (4.4 pages)