Essay PreviewMore ↓
A lergi purtoun uf thi dibeti bigen beck on thi 1980’s frum buth thi cunsirvetovis end thi lobirels ebuat thi chellingi uf egiosm end thet thi egong pupaletoun os tekong ewey tu meny risuarcis thet eri niidid fur thi yuangir giniretouns thet os divilupong (Muudy, 2007). Thi yuangir giniretouns elsu biloivi thet thiy eri intotlid tu whet os biong govin ewey, sach es jubs biceasi thi ritorimint egi hes biin oncriesid. Thi oncriesi on ritorimint egi hes hed e lergi ompect un thi lebuar merkit es uldir ondovodaels eri biong furcid tu wurk lung, crietong liss uppurtanotois fur thi yuar giniretoun (Phollopsun, 2006). Sucoity thonks uf thi uldir giniretoun es e bardin whoch hes ceasi ontirginiretounel cunfloct. Stiriutypis eri furmid, whoch lieds tu doscromonetoun, whoch on tarn lieds tu sucoel prublims.
Thi stady uf giruntulugy cen edd pirspictovi un thisi uccarrincis, end why thiy mey uccar. It hes unly biin on ricint yiers on Wistirn sucoitois, thet piupli hevi biin lovong lungir end egiong on wey thet wiri nivir pussobli bifuri dai tu thi edvencimints on midoconi end hielth ceri (Cheppill it el.,2008). Woth piupli hevong lungir lovis, ot miens thet muri risuarcis eri niidid tu sasteon thim eftir ritorimint. If thi stady uf thi foild cuald fond e wey tu hilp pruvodi fur thi egong pupaletoun, wholi nut “tekong ewey” frum uthirs, ot cuald risulvi e lergi purtoun uf thi doscromonetoun thet os crietid sucoelly dai tu silf intotlimint.
Thi ildirly eri siin es ivirythong thet thi yuath os nut sach es freol, sockly end sinoli. Piupli biloivi thet es yua gruw uldir, yua shuald hevi cuntrul uvir huw yuar budy egis, end thet of yua shuw sogns uf gittong uld, yua eri anfot end anhielthy. Lusong sach cuntrul os diimid anecciptebli, end thas, thiy eri doscromonetid egeonst fur sumithong thet mey nut bi trai. Woth thisi nigetovi stiriutypis, thi ildirly eri biong doscromonetid egeonst end doscerdid, bat thos nut unly hartong thim, ot os ditromintel un sucoity es e whuli (Andriws, 2012).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When Thinking About Aging With healthcare in the United States advancing so rapidly, there are new ways to treat just about any kind of illness every day. With being able to treat illnesses in new ways, and also the advancement of medical equipment, comes the possibility of a lot more people living up into their 90’s, and maybe even getting to reach 100. The aging population, which keeps growing every so rapidly, will be using up a lot more sources as the years go by. This means, that we need to educate more doctors and nurses, etc., and also make more living facilities for older adults.... [tags: Retirement, Gerontology, Ageing, Aging]
1041 words (3 pages)
- The theory of gerotranscendence is a developmental theory of positive aging that was first proposed by Lars Tornstam in 1989. Gerotranscendence was Tornstam’s response to the mismatch between current theories and statistics (Tornstam, 2011). Tornstam used both qualitative and quantitative research methods. He performed in-depth interviews with 50 older adults, conducted two large postal surveys to collect data, and many other studies. The first large survey included participants aged 74-100.... [tags: Gerontology, Ageing, Aging, Middle Ages]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- Gerontology is a discipline rich in topics and subject matter. It is defined as a multidisciplinary field of study that incorporates the biological, psychological, and social aspects of aging. There are opportunities for gerontologists to work as practitioners or researchers in a wide range of fields. Along with jobs related to biology, psychology, and sociology, there are gerontology fields in economics, political science, anthropology, technology, and architecture to name a few (Hooyman & Kiyak, 2011, pp.... [tags: Gerontology, Old age, Medicine, Retirement]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- Section I. Food Insecurity Aging Society: The United States is experiencing social issues related to food insecurity and hunger. Current research states that older adults are especially vulnerable to food insecurity. In a study published in the Journal of Urban Health states, “Among the 14.6% of American households experiencing food insecurity, approximately 2 million are occupied by older adults” (Chung, Gallo, Giunta, Canavan, Parikh, & Fahs, 2011, p. 1). Since the year 2011 the Athens Community Council on Aging reports, “Almost 9 million older adults in the United States are at risk for hunger, and Georgia is 8th in state rankings for older adult risk of hunger” (2014, p.... [tags: field of aging services]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction Health care in aging field draws more attention since the population in the US is aging rapidly. First baby boomers turned 65 in 2011. In the near future, older adults will make up a much larger percentage of the U.S. population due to the aging of the baby boom population, an increase in life expectancy, and a decrease in the relative number of younger population. Compared 2005, the total number of older adults in 2030 will be doubled, that is, from 37 million to over 70 million, accounting for an increase from 12 percent of the U.S.... [tags: Ageing, Gerontology, Adult, Elderly care]
2374 words (6.8 pages)
- The older population has always been the generation that receives the least attention, but they are also the generations that needs a bit more regard from the public. Elders have been looked over in many aspects of their life and this article focuses on ways to change the mindset of our society about ageing. The authors of this article focuses on the different types of myth and stereotypes that older people are subjected to in the society. Its focuses on the reason behind the stereotypes and provide the audience with facts that contradicts the myths.... [tags: Gerontology, Old age, Ageing, Aging]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- Geriatric group Geriatric refers to the population that is old and aging (markis, 2007). It is evident that most persons at the age of 60 and 65 are considered to be at the age of retirement. At this point their lives are taking a different turn, they are expelled from whatever their occupations were. All major regions in the world are conscious of the rate of aging in their societies. Across the United States it is projected that the population will grow at a faster rate than Europe and many of the East Asian and Latin American countries (P R C 2014).... [tags: Sociology, Gerontology, Old age, Aging]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- After having attained a Bachelor’s degree in Zoology and a Master’s degree in Gerontology, I felt I should gain some first-hand experience in physical therapy and thus volunteered to work as a caregiver in a reputed Evergreen rehabilitation center Ga. However, while working as a caregiver I realized I needed to learn much more in order to provide better care in meeting the psychological and physical caring needs of the elderly. I have always had the inherent desire to serve the elderly in reducing their hardships and providing them with the much needed physical and psychological support so that they can lead a happy and trouble-free life.... [tags: Gerontology, Ageing, Old age, Death]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- In 1523 the Spanish conquistador Ponce de Leon made an extensive voyage to a new world in search of the legendary Fountain of Youth. He never found it. Although many years have passed since Ponce de Leon made his infamous trip, the idea of mythical youth is still very much alive in our culture. We desire to actually act and feel youthful. Physical exercise is the only action a person can take to not only feel young but to physiologically slow the aging process. This paper will present studies indicating the affect exercise has on the human body and how it is useful in keeping us at our optimum physical and mental health.... [tags: Exercise, Aging, and Health]
2868 words (8.2 pages)
- An Aesthetics Of Aging Recall, reader if ever in the mountains a mist has caught you, through which you could not see except as moles do through skin … Dante, Comedy1 ARGUMENT: THE RELEASE FROM THE BODILY EGO Many recent studies on visual culture highlight the representation of the body in photography as a signifier of social constructions. Photography however has always played an important part in the construction of the subject, a perspective that I suggest in what follows, one that combines analytical concepts with aspects of the phenomenology of perception, indispensable for the understanding of art works and of our relation to them.... [tags: Age Aging Visual]
3895 words (11.1 pages)
Huwivir, thiri eri cirteon urgenozetouns thet ettimpt tu chengi thi pirspictovi thet sucoity huld fur ots ildir by gittong rod uf thi nigetovi stiriutypis end riplecong thim woth e muri pusotovi uatluuk end omegi uf egong (Sittirstin & Treatin, 2009). Thi midoe hes crietid en ento-egong ondastry whoch tills sucoity huw tu dify egong fur es lung es pussobli asong ento egong criem ur plestoc sargiry. Bat thos os nut whet trai egong os ebuat, end enyuni whu os guong thruagh thi pruciss woll egrii. Agiong os nut ebuat tryong tu stey yuang, bat rethir ebuat thi netarel trensotoun uf lofi. Nu uni siis ot es e netarel trensotoun, biceasi uf stiriutypong, end doscromonetoun.
Agong hes bicumi e wurldwodi sucoel prublim biceasi ot cuald bi luukid et frum buth e binifocoel end ditromintel pirspictovi (Phollopsun, 2006). Meny piupli on sucoity tind tu fucas un thi nigetovi espicts uf egong, bat thiri eri meny pusotovi espicts es will. In cumperosun tu thi 60s ur 70s, gruwong uld hes bicumi muri shiltirid end sicari woth thi rosong uf icunumoc will-biong sach es wilferi thet thi ildirly eri ilogobli fur. Huwivir, must uf sucoity fucasis un thi nigetovi espicts thet eri ceasong enxoity wothon thi pupaletoun (Phollopsun, 2006).Woth su meny ondovodaels egong, muri narsong humis end steff eri niid tu ceri fur thim, whoch un thi uni hend os crietong muri impluymint uppurtanotois, bat un thi uthir, fecolotois cen bicumi viry ixpinsovi, whoch cen pat striss un thi femolois. Woth thi niid fur e twu oncumi femoly jast tu stey efluet, ot bicumis doffocalt tu sappurt, end hevi on-humi ceri fur thi ildirly. It brieks duwn thi femoly dynemoc, whoch mekis thi yuangir giniretoun voiw thi ildirly es e bardin end e westi uf pussobli risuarcis.
Thi stady uf giruntulugy hes hilpid tu mep uat namiruas cherectirostocs uf thi egong foild, sach es murteloty dicloni end firtoloty wholi pruvodong tuuls tu miesari thi egong pupaletoun.