What people are presented on T.V manipulates people into thinking someone is dangerous because you constantly see images of them presented in a negative way. With the the Stop and Frisk policy, many minorities such as hispanics but mainly blacks have been stopped by police to be searched just to find anything against them to have a reason to arrest them. A New York Times video on stop & frisk talks about Tyquan experience with stop & frisk. “Tyquan has been stopped 60-70 times”New York Times interview on stop & frisk”, it interviews people from different parts of the world and their opinions towards stop & frisk. One of those interviewed was Billy Pit from Brooklyn, New York he said, “It 's good idea. But the police are stopping people for small reasons and missing the opportunity to prevent more dangerous crimes”. Hashtags from Twitter such as #iftheygunmedown( what picture would they use) exposes what the media does when posting a picture of someone who got arrested. Tyquan is an African-American who has been stopped 60-70 times is his life! I was appalled when I heard this. It must seem intimidating fearing to go out because you 're afraid you might get stopped by police because you fit in the “profile” of being a minority and stereotypes that...
... middle of paper ...
...ng criminal justice in America is very important because we live in it but we don 't know the secrets behind it because we have been brainwashed. People tend to think that there are so many bad people because constantly they see someone getting arrested. So many families getting torn due to incarceration and crimes that don 't deserve a huge amount of years in jail. It affects the individual as well when he/she comes out they have spent so many years spent in jail that they don’t recognize their surroundings anymore, their families, their kids grown, and their community have new faces. Incarcerating people doesn’t decrease in crime while they were gone. People should be aware and come to their sense and know that they have been told and confused to think putting people in jail will not solve the problem and not actually arresting those who are doing deplorable crimes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The influx of social media has had a negative effect on our generation. Social media usage has been the most prevalent way to communicate in this generation. While entertaining, the negative consequences of using Facebook outweigh the positive. The popularity in Facebook has impacted adolescence negatively with concerns such the rise of cyber bullying, friends’ posts that affect our mood, which make it seem like their lives are better than ours. Also, despite their claims of bringing people together, Facebook is actually fostering the development of an anti-social society.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Religion has existed ever since the dawn of time. Most ancient civilizations believed in one or greater beings that watched over and controlled all of their lives. Even today, religion plays a significant role in a majority of people’s lives. They go to the local church, mosque, synagogue, or another place of worship and bow their heads in admiration to the higher power. But how has religion affected society. Has it brought world peace and ended all wars. Or has it, in fact, brought hate and evil warfare.... [tags: Islam, Religion, Christianity, God]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- Aerosol as a Negative Effect in Society If you were to look at a few of the products sitting around or maybe some you are using, you probably wouldn’t think twice about the effects they have on society. Many products that are used everyday were produced with positive affects in mind, but what many people don’t realize is that many have harmful affects. Many products have directly and indirectly destroyed people’s lives, changing the way we view these products. In Frankenstein, written by Mary Shelley, Frankenstein constructed his monster in an effort to create life.... [tags: Papers]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- According to sports, golf become more popular in our society, many people are practice it and other play golf as a hobby. This research will be about golf and the negative affect that cause to society in past or even today. Golfing aims a lot of discrimination among women, it provided racism and the cost of this sport creates tension between social classes. In past, golf provided racism and only white people could have access to it. The article, “Race Relations And The Sports Of Golf: The African American Legacy”, by Marvin P.... [tags: sports, discrimination, society, social classes]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Alcohol consumption, production and sale has been an integral part of many societies over the course of human existence. The exact origin of alcohol is as of yet unknown, however it is generally regarded that early farmers noticed the rich aroma and flavour of fermenting fruit (Narconon alcohol rehab, 2010) and as such recreated the substance in consumable amounts. The first ever known record of organised alcohol manufacture dates to approximately ten thousand years, where the drink was produced from fermented honey, also known as mead.... [tags: Alcohol Consumption, Society, Culture, History]
1752 words (5 pages)
- Laura Marinhagen November 21, 2017 Analysis of the Bystander Effect As our textbook describes the bystander effect as the tendency for any given bystander to be less likely to give aid if other bystanders are present. To put it into my own words, I think that bystander effect is where people are less likely to help because of the diffusion of responsibility. We are more likely to help: the person appears to need and deserve help, if the person is in some way similar to us, the person is a woman, when we have just observed someone else being helpful, if we are not in a hurry, if we are in a small town or rural areas, when we are feeling guilty, when we are focused on others and not preoccupi... [tags: Bystander effect, Kitty Genovese]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- The Recent Negative Effect of Technology on Society Ever since the Industrial revolution, technology has been changing at a fast pace. People are always wanting a better lifestyle therefore there is always something new arising so humans can cope with their physical environment. One of the most important breakthroughs for technology was the agricultural system. The agricultural system was the basis for the technology of the future. The agricultural system brought on the need for transportation, workers and even, battles over land.... [tags: essays research papers]
1744 words (5 pages)
- Imagine what the world would be like if when people came home from school or work, they were not able to sit in front of their television and watch their favorite shows. This would be hard to think about considering that not a day goes by that people don’t use some form of media. Media is used to obtain information and watch entertainment. There are many forms of this, and some include newspapers, the Internet, television, and so much more. While there are obviously many great benefits to the growth of media, there are some undeniable and harsh downsides.... [tags: Electronic Media, Influence]
2044 words (5.8 pages)
- When people think of the biggest types of companies in the world they think of technology, oil, and retail companies. Rarely will people mention pharmaceutical companies. Why is this so. I can’t say for sure but the truth is pharma companies are some of the most profitable companies in the U.S, “The global market for pharmaceuticals topped $1 trillion in sales in 2014. The world’s 10 largest drug companies generated $429.4 billion of that revenue.” (Llamas). In this essay I will argue why the current pharmaceutical and healthcare companies have a negative effect on American society, why these companies’ quest for profit impedes actual progress for healthier lives, and why it needs to change.... [tags: Medicine, Pharmacology, United States]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- The saying “home is where your heart is “doesn’t seem to fit the hearts of many biracial kids around the world. The hurtful and harmful things that biracial kids hear and go through with their families is something that needs to be put in the same category with other issues that are presented in the forefront. A biracial acquaintance of mine, Evea, has had her mother actually tell her to not be with a black man because if they had a baby it will get sickle cell anemia and die. This stereotype is commonly attached to the African-Americans and portrays a bad image.... [tags: Family, Race, Mother, Parent]
703 words (2 pages)