Police officers start out with school, school and more school to be sure that they have received the proper education and training to ensure the best outcome, both safe and secure, for not only himself but for the community in which he protects with his life on a daily basis. While on a shift, the police officer is always watching and observing, assisting when needed, and being a great role model for the young. When it comes time to step into action, a police officer has to be on his guard, watching every move he makes to ensure he follows through with the rights of the citizens and accused. As a police officer, they have ethical and professional practices and training that is required of them on a daily basis in and out of uniform and are expected to act respectful at all times. To act out shows disrespect to not only the uniform but to their fellow officers. It states in The Code of Ethics “AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice. (CA.gov, 2016).”
On an everyda...
... middle of paper ...
...ct the correct person of the crime based on DNA or footprints to a torn piece of paper still in someone’s jacket pocket, is astounding and astonishing in the same. The police officer has influenced me greatly as to what and how they do their job day in and day out to protect us. Just as they walk up to a crime scene either in motion or after the fact, the officer is in control of the crime scene. He must write a report, take pictures, and collect and preserve anything that could link the evidence to the crime. This in a way makes the officer a crime scene investigator as well. With the criminal justice system hard at work every day, the officers work to protect the community as well as society to ensure safety and security throughout our everyday lives. To have success at this, we as a society must help with this endeavor to ensure the future of our children.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Imagine working for a company for 12 years and you are faced once again with mandatory reductions in workforce. You are an Information Technology Professional and are being measured against your peers, most of whom hold Bachelor Degrees. You are one of the few on your team that does not possess a college degree. Like me, many are placed in this same position in today’s world. We are the unprepared, not armed with ammunition to endure the scrutiny of our qualifications; relying solely on performance.... [tags: The Importance of Education]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- Higher education is seen as a privilege and not a right, however, in the United States it is not a privilege that every person can afford. Free college education is essential because it gives students the right to equal and better career opportunities, therefore making this privilege accessible to all. Education also plays an integral role in promoting a nation 's economic growth; having more Americans with higher education starting up more businesses resulting in the creation of more jobs, therefore putting more money in the economy.... [tags: Higher education, College, United States]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- My cooperating teacher has been employed in the field of education for 19 plus years. She has been in her current position as a Pre-Kindergarten teacher at the Lighthouse Learning Center for 12 years. Observing a teacher who has so many years of experience in the classroom is very beneficial. She shared with me this week her teaching philosophy that has evolved from her many years in the classroom. The components of her philosophy include a focus on people, strategies, and tools. We spoke about the important people in the classroom which includes the child’s family, the child, and the teacher.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Childhood]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Sales Promotions and Infrastructure Sales promotions are an example of ways to entice a consumer to consume quicker or consume more than they normally would. They are deals or sales that help the customer save money on a product but also give the company more business. I live in a few different places so I will talk about Pakistan as my country today. In Pakistan, the internet boom is in its prime. However, a large population is still unconnected. Cell phones are in every hand but Wi-Fi isn’t available everywhere.... [tags: Marketing, Sales promotion, Sales, Promotion]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- The field of education is one of complexity, continuous change and great public debate. Because of its dynamic and oftentimes controversial nature, it is essential for teachers to be conscience of their own personal concepts of education. It is necessary to both know where one stands and to be open, and willing, to adjust that viewpoint based on new experiences or information. I believe that finding that ideal balance might even be considered one of the arts of teaching. At its core education has the power to act as an integrative force in society.... [tags: Educational psychology, Education, Teacher]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- In the field of education there are many times where teachers will need to be able to appropriately handle behavioral issues with their students. These could range from a student having difficulty paying attention in class all the way to students lashing out emotionally, aggressively, or violently (Charles, 2014). Moreover, in some cases, many students may not have full control of themselves and their actions due to Neurological-Based Behaviors (NBB) caused by the brain’s in ability to process information, feelings, or their environment (Charles, 2014).... [tags: Psychology, Education, Emotion, Behavior]
1851 words (5.3 pages)
- Introduction Due to an increased demannd for standards and accountability in the early childhood education field, policy makers have increasingly turned to the development of effective professional practice among early childhood educators (ECEs) as the predominant approach in securing better outcomes for children. ECEs have thus found themselves under increased pressure to develop professional practices through professional development which has been demonstrated to have a profound impact on children’s holistic development and their performance prospects in society.... [tags: Education, teaching, elementary education]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- The field of Special Education is an exciting field to study. Within course ED7053-8: Education Specialist Capstone, I have learned a new way of looking and approaching certain situations within the realm of special education. Through the research necessary for this course, it allowed me to gain knowledge and helped to prepare me mentally for the future of being a Director of Special Education and offered insight of how school personnel, administration, paraprofessionals, and various assessments work within the school system.... [tags: Psychology, Education, Learning]
706 words (2 pages)
- Sales promotions describe a set of tools a company can use to supplement other activities such as advertising and public relations efforts. There are many such tools, including free samples, rebates, loyalty programs, buy-one-get-one, loss leaders, and more. What all of the tools have in common is that they attempt to persuade a customer to make a quicker and/or larger purchase (Tanner & Raymond, 2010, p. 243). This essay will attempt to explain three of the promotional tools that I personally feel are most effective for both the consumer and manufacturer.... [tags: Marketing, Sales promotion, Manufacturing]
700 words (2 pages)
- Promotions Final Project Outline Questions: I. Page 99 question # 2 # 2. How would you advertise a toothpaste at the four different stages in its life cycle. 1. Introduction Stage Risk seems to go hand in hand with the introduction stage because the chance of product failure is quite high. Profits will be below zero due to low initial revenues while the toothpaste company covers large expenses for promotion and distribution. We will need to let potential buyers aware of the new toothpaste availability.... [tags: Papers]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- Swot Analysis : The National Commission For Civic Education
- I Am Gregory Dukes, And I
- The Interrogation Room Is An Existent Enigma Within Democratic Societies
- The Iron Lions : Positive Impact On The World
- Different Types Of Cholesterol And Ldl Cholesterol
- The Transition Involved With Changing Roles From A Student Nurse