A Paleontologists job is to study their dinosaur discovery, and to tell us more about this dinosaur in detailed depth, from the height, length, weight, what it ate, and how and why it perished, and so much more. According to a live science, an article written by Joseph Castro, "Spinosaurus means "spine lizard," an appropriate descriptor...
... middle of paper ...
...tion whether or not a spin lizard with seven-foot long spikes sticking out of its back actually ever existed.
According to Joseph Castro, only a few Spinosaurus fossils have ever been excavated, and no complete remains have ever been dug up. The primary Spinosaurus partial skeleton was excavated in 1912 by Richard Markgraf within western Egypt (Joseph Castro, 2014). Unfortunately, these unique remains, which were portrayed and named by Ernst Stromer in 1915, were obliterated in an Allied strike against Munich, Germany, during World War II (joseph Castro, 2014). Fortunately for us, most of Stromer’s detailed sketches and notes on spinosaurus were found. It is just because of Stromer 's fastidious notes, including itemized portrayals and representations that has made it possible to recreate a full-sized skeletal model for you to see at the National Geographic Museum.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Book Critique of The Longest Day Cornelius Ryan, born in Dublin, Ireland in 1920, worked as a reporter covering the battles in Europe from 1941-1945 and then the final months of the Pacific Campaign. His articles were printed in both Reuters and the London Daily Telegraph. His first book was The Longest Day, published in 1959, selling over 4 million copies in 27 different editions. In 1962 a director named Darryl Zannuck made the book into a movie. Ryan's next book was The Last Battle, published in 1966.... [tags: The Longest Day]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- My Last Duchess and Blank Space are two great pieces of literature. Blank Space was written by a popular singer named Taylor Swift, and My Last Duchess was written by Robert Browning. Someone who reads both of these works of literature might think that they are solely about two people who are jealous of their partners. On the other hand, the real meaning of these two works are completely different. In reality, Taylor Swifts song, Blank Space, talks about how the media depicts her relationships to be, and My Last Duchess, talks about psychotic controlling of the Duchess by the Duke, which possibly leads to her death.... [tags: My Last Duchess, Robert Browning]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- The Longest Day: Book Vs. Movie For a long time, when anyone thought of a war movie, they immediately thought of Darryl F. Zanuck’s, The Longest Day. Cornelius Ryan, who was the author of the book by the same name, and happened to be a D-day veteran himself, wrote the movie. The book meticulously recreates the events preceding and during the invasion. It is filled with detailed descriptions of multiple occurrences during the invasion. It explains everything from mass attacks on beaches and towns to humorous anecdotes.... [tags: Longest Day Compare Contrast Film Essays]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- In every business, there is a target market. In the hospitality industry, there are many different types of restaurants that cater to a certain market segments, i.e. target markets. A restaurant caters to the respective market segment through the marketing of several factors, and in this essay, three of which will be identified and analysed how it affects the market segment the restaurant will attract. In addition, a discussion and analysis as to why the design concept of a restaurant plays a significant role in attracting and maintaining the targeted market segment will be touched upon.... [tags: Target market, Marketing, Target, Good]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Observation of a Video Segment I chose to focus on the corporate meeting for this week’s discussion. The questions chosen to focus my observation concerned participant roles: “Are meeting participants playing/fulfilling distinct roles throughout the meeting?” Since no guideline and/or information were available concerning the content or purpose of the meeting, I decided to concentrate on the participants rather than other aspects. The Observation The video displays a nondescript conference room with grey walls, blue carpeting, a brown conference table, and large leather chairs.... [tags: Participants, Leadership, Meeting]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- Two Personalities in My Last Duchess The poem "My Last Duchess" is about a powerful Duke, and his beautiful, flirtatious wife who has two different personalities, one that was reality and the other was the lady in the painting. The poem begins and ends with him mourning the loss of his deceased Duchess, but from the way that the mighty Duke speaks, he knows more about her death than he leads us to believe. The Duke chooses his word very carefully, when he talks to his friend about the painting of his wife.... [tags: My Last Duchess Essays]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- Mary Renault's The Last of the Wine The Last of the Wine, written by Mary Renault and published by Pantheon Books in 1956, is a classical novel that is both historically informative and entertaining. It is a recreation of classical Greece during the Peloponnesian War, when Pericles was the leader of the city of Athens. The story is being told in the first person narrative by Alexas, an Athenian soldier who survives the war. He reflects on his childhood, his experiences as a soldier, and his society's reaction to the ravages of the Peloponnesian war.... [tags: Mary Renault Last Wine Greece Essays]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- James Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans The French and Indian War of the eighteenth century had uniquely complex qualities, matched by the gravity of its outcome. The myriad of cultures involved the French, Canadian, American, English, Algonquians, and Iroquois whom make this era fascinating. The multi-ethnic element made it a war built upon fragile alliances, often undermined by factional disputes and shifting fortunes. Violent as it was, its battlefields encompassed some of the most beautiful country to be found anywhere.... [tags: Last Mohicans James Cooper Essays]
1777 words (5.1 pages)
- Whitechapel is the focal character of D'Aguiar's novel, The Longest Memory however, the author has used a great many other characters whose stories also stand-alone. Why has D'Aguiar structured his novel in this way and how does it lead the reader to an understanding of the impacts of slavery. D'Aguiar's central purpose is to make us reflect upon American society during the slavery era and to acknowledge its realities so that we understand the capability for evil that exists in society. D'Aguair has used Whitechapel and his memories to encapsulate the brutality and inhumanity of slavery.... [tags: essays research papers]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- The Longest Journey Have you ever wanted to do something so bad, you can’t wait and it actually seems the days and hours are getting longer as you get close. I hadn’t seen my father for three years and I wanted to see him so bad, I also wanted to the United States of America which had been my dream since I was a little child. My dad had left for the United States when his business failed and he had to find a job which was better than his business and after a few years he decided to move his family as well.... [tags: Personal Narrative Africa Traveling Essays]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- A Nervous System Disorder
- The And Lay Leaders ' Training For Literacy Enhancement
- A Progressive Era Of The Modern Economy
- Current Treatment Plan For Patients With Terminally Ill Patients And Their Family Members
- The Dentist Of Auschwitz : A Memoir
- Library Usefulness As A Resource For Local History Research