Miguel: When you're inside the boundaries of the biome some of the trees and plants that could be found are the Balsam fir, Douglas-firs, the Eastern Red Cedar, Jack Pine, and Birch Tree's. All firs and hemlocks are thick and have waxy needles that prevent water from evaporation. The Balsam Fir is a small medium sized tree that could grow up to 40 to 80 feet tall. The Douglas-firs tree is a little smaller than the Balsam Fir. The Douglas-firs tree grows up to 40 to 60 feet tall and 15 to 25 feet wide. The Easter Red Cedar is a small tree that grows to be 10 to 50 feet long. The Jack pine grows up to be 27 meters tall. Birch trees can grow in pairs or clusters. Paper birch can grow anywhere from sixty to eighty feet high.
Charlie: Animals adapt to the weather in the taiga forest by hibernating when temperatures drop. This isnt theyre only way adapt, some animals adapt to producing a layer of insulating feather or fur to protect them from the cold.
Walid: Some of the keystone animals in the Taiga biome are lynx, wolvernies, bobcats, minks, and ermine. Some keystone plants are Lodgepole Pine, Scots Pine, Siberian, Lady's slipper, Methuselah's Beard, Amus Tiger.
The climate in the tiaga biome is mosly cold during the winter. The teputures could reach the -65 degress for most of the winter. Also in the tiage biome it rain up to 12-33 inches during the summer. Winter last's at least six to seven months during the winter, while summer is an even shorter season,
The biggest threat to the Taiga biome is exploration and development of oil ...
... middle of paper ...
...ome of the fear of climate change in the taiga biome is when the latitude occupied by the boreal forest had some of the highest temperatres increases on Earth.Another fear of climate change is when the winter temperatures in the taiga biome affect the summer temperatures by increasing the temperatures in the summer.
Charlie: Some endangered animals species from the tiaga are beavers, wood bison, snow leopards, and Amur leopard. These are endangered animal species because of all the treats going on in the Taiga biome. Some endangered plants at the Taiga biome are long leaf pine, lingonberry, siberian larch, lodgepole pine, and scots pine. If you visit the Taiga biome then you could help save these endangered species like the animals and plants from the Taiga biome.
All: Thank you for watching out presentation now lets take a closer look at the biome.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When I first began Writing 101 I only had skills from high school and creative writing, and had no experience writing in a college setting. The reason I took this class was because it was a basic requirement for my studies. I started this class believing that I knew a lot about writing simply because I wrote often in my spare time, and creative writing was my favorite subject in high school. Now that this class is coming to an end, I realized there was so much I did not know about writing such as the rules and styles of writing.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Creative writing]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- How can you benefit from creative writing. What is creative writing and how can you benefit from the use of creative writing. The definition of creative writing is: writing, typically fiction or poetry, which displays imagination or invention. This explains why creative writing is known as the most natural form of writing because everything is based on your knowledge, or your imagination. It allows you to become one with yourself and express your inner thoughts on paper. This form of writing grants the creative process to keep flowing until you grasp a “Shitty First Draft” as Anne Lammot says.... [tags: Creative writing, Creativity, Writing, Editing]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Anastasia’s creative writing My subject reported that she had been writing stories since early childhood. When she lived in South Korea, she created short stories in English. After moving back to Russia in 2003, she joined a literature club where a university Creative Writing teacher assisted her and other children to compose stories in Russian. The participants were given two weeks to write a story, which they later discussed with their peers in class and made some suggestions for improvement.... [tags: Writing, Short story, Literature, Creative writing]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- THE CREATIVE PROCESS As a student of Creative Media Practice, I have come to appreciate the concept of practice as research, people set about research for a diversity of reasons, but the major goals for academics is to address a problem, find things out or establish new heights. According to Robin Nelson in his book, Practice as Research in the Arts: “The term ‘Arts Practice as Research’ would probably not have been coined had artists not gotten involved with modern higher education systems in respect to programmes of learning” (2013: 3).... [tags: Narrative, Style, Writing, Fiction]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- Why Is Creative Writing An Important Field Of Study. Creative Writing is still a fairly new focus in the academic world. Since it found its place as a part of the English major, its importance and validation has been continually debated. Because of the influence of popular culture, today’s students have been strongly discouraged from pursuing studies within English or Creative Writing; what they aren’t being taught is the many benefits it presents. There is a strong stigma surrounding the English major, stating that it is impossible to get a good job with this degree.... [tags: Creative writing, Writing, Publishing, Creativity]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Hello, I would like your kind consideration and admittance into SNHU’s Online Masters of Arts in English and Creative Writing Program starting in August 2016. After careful review of the course descriptions within the curriculum and realizing the opportunity to study both fiction and non-fiction creative writing simultaneously, within a program tailored to strike a balance between learning through critical analysis of accomplished authors literature and a practical understanding of how their craft applies to my writing, an understanding of the relationship between author and editor and the editors specific role when revising different genres to meet unique publishing standards, and throug... [tags: Writing, Literature, Writer, Creative writing]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- Air Disaster- Creative Writing The sight that greeted my eyes was haunting. There were dead bodies as far as the eye could see, but somehow nobody had a scratch on them. The plane was in pieces, scattered all around. As the waves rolled up the beach, more and more bodies were revealed. The sun was burning high in the sky and everyone was beginning to tire out. The cliffs towered down on us; the sand burnt our feet as we trod carefully between the corpses. It was a shock; we hadn’t expected to find anything there, but it appeared that almost everyone who had been on the plane was lying here, on the beach, with us.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- For my first piece of original writing I intend to create a piece primarily written for entertainment however, I also want to portray an interest into historical and political persuasions. I aim to write this piece for an audience of teenagers to young adult who are aged from around fifteen to twenty-five and are male, I also wish to identify with those interested in political thrillers within this age range. The genre of which shall be a short fiction story consisting chiefly of narrative and written in the third person.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- In 2112, a High-Technical Robots Factory has invent and produce thousands of robots that contain every single human’s abilities, but in fact, they are even better than human because they has a lot of different special items, and each item has its own magical power. However one of the robots, called Doraemon, has a huge mistake during the process of manufacture. But none of the workers has found out. So now, Doraemon’s special items might not be always working properly, and sometimes it might have the opposite effect of the original power.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1047 words (3 pages)