I started going west toward the Moonlight Cave. I was on a dangerous mission, and I needed help badly. I knew that the entrance only revealed itself when the moon glowed. It was already dark. Finally, great light exploded from a side of ...
... middle of paper ...
...me. I was hovering above my town when a stray arrow whacked into me. I saw myself change back into human and plummet in a spiral to the ground. Blackness enveloped my eyes.
"Niko! You’re ok!" shouted a familiar voice.
Through my hazy view I saw my best friend, Tolem, shouting and clapping his hands.
"Tolem, you’re ok, too!" I exclaimed in sincere surprise. "What happened to your sickness?"
"They found you unconscious with the necklace thingy, and they placed it on me. I feel much better now."
"That’s a relief to hear, Totem."
"Where have you been? You were gone for three weeks!"
"Well," I said weakly, "it’s a long story."
"Oh! A story!" shouted Totem with glee, "I want to hear the story!"
"Ok," I said as I sat up in a more comfortable position, "It all began like this. As the sun slowly settled, darkness began to overcome the Earth . . . ."
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- Alfredo Corchado — is the author of the book named " Midnight in Mexico:A Reporter's Journey through a Country's Descent into Darkness”. We are, probably, all interested in finding out the facts, news, and gossips about Mexico. This country was always associated with something mysterious. For me personally, the title of the book seemed to be very gripping, I was interested in revealing the secrets of life in Mexico, thus I decided to read this book. I was really curious, what can Alfredo Corchado tell me about the life in this country, the country, where the constant massacre is the picture, people used to see.... [tags: Midnight in Mexico]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- The man’s mouth was set into a creased frown, his eyes lingering over the state of degradation the room had succumbed to. The walls were dark and ashen, the faded green wallpaper peeling off from where it still remained plastered over the cracked wood underneath. There were planks lost here and there among the floor—a perfect trap for the unsuspecting—and no amount of cheep, dirty rug made from polyester that attempted to falsify something akin to fur could provide redemption for it.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
2351 words (6.7 pages)
- Air Disaster- Creative Writing The sight that greeted my eyes was haunting. There were dead bodies as far as the eye could see, but somehow nobody had a scratch on them. The plane was in pieces, scattered all around. As the waves rolled up the beach, more and more bodies were revealed. The sun was burning high in the sky and everyone was beginning to tire out. The cliffs towered down on us; the sand burnt our feet as we trod carefully between the corpses. It was a shock; we hadn’t expected to find anything there, but it appeared that almost everyone who had been on the plane was lying here, on the beach, with us.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Lucy had gone missing on Wednesday. It was now Friday. When she failed to return home from school, her father, a policeman named John, called all of her friends and neighbours, asking in a panic if they’d seen her. They hadn’t. She was only 8, she’d never been separated from her mother and father for more than a few days, but even then they had kept in contact somehow, whether by phone or by post. They were very worried about her. John and Mary, his wife, had been constantly phoning everyone they knew, checking and double-checking if anyone had seen their daughter or if they had any news about her.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- For my first piece of original writing I intend to create a piece primarily written for entertainment however, I also want to portray an interest into historical and political persuasions. I aim to write this piece for an audience of teenagers to young adult who are aged from around fifteen to twenty-five and are male, I also wish to identify with those interested in political thrillers within this age range. The genre of which shall be a short fiction story consisting chiefly of narrative and written in the third person.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- In 2112, a High-Technical Robots Factory has invent and produce thousands of robots that contain every single human’s abilities, but in fact, they are even better than human because they has a lot of different special items, and each item has its own magical power. However one of the robots, called Doraemon, has a huge mistake during the process of manufacture. But none of the workers has found out. So now, Doraemon’s special items might not be always working properly, and sometimes it might have the opposite effect of the original power.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Vincent Milano sat on the couch when Delia his girlfriend was putting on a new tube of Midnight Wine lipstick. They sat down and started to plan Vincent’s birthday party. Delia looked at her watch and said it’s getting late and it’s time to leave. Vincent told her that it’s not late and they started to kiss. He tried not to think of Karina while they kissed. Karina was another girl that Vincent was going out with without Delia knowing. Vincent couldn’t choose between Delia and Karina it was hard for him to choose so he went out with them both.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Salman Rushdie's Midnight Children Salman Rushdie's, "Midnight's Children" begins with the birth of Saleem Sinai at Midnight on August 15, 1947. Interestingly enough it was the exact date of when India first gained its Independence. The Novel proceeds to explain the birth of Saleem Sinai. Saleem's Grandfather, Aadam Aziz falls in love with Naseem. When they get married they bear five children. Nadir Khan, who is forced to live in Dr. Aziz's cellar, marries his daughter Mumtez. After two years a marriage of no intercourse falls apart.... [tags: Rushdie Midnight Children]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children Salman Rushdie's creation, Saleem Sinai, has a self-proclaimed "overpowering desire for form" (363). In writing his own autobiography Saleem seems to be after what Frank Kermode says every writer is a after: concordance. Concordance would allow Saleem to bring meaning to moments in the "middest" by elucidating (or creating) their coherence with moments in the past and future. While Kermode talks about providing this order primarily through an "imaginatively predicted future" (8), Saleem approaches the project by ordering everything in his past into neat, causal relationships, with each event a result of what preceded it.... [tags: Salman Rushdie Midnight's Children]
1530 words (4.4 pages)