We were playing in a field, she was ranting on about how beautiful the day was, while I merely tried to walk nonchalantly back to the house so I could hopefully get out of the blistering heat. She would spastically tug on my arm, trying to get me to move faster towards the long grass, while I simply walked in the opposite direction, pulling her with me. She would did her heels into the soft earth, gouging it and leaving trenches behind, exposing the deep rich soil of the underground.
We would always hang out in the tall grass together, but today, on this muggy, July day, I was just not in the romantic mood. Still, I let myself be led sideways, towards the tall grass. The grass swooshed around our legs, coating our clothes with pointy burrs and causing our legs to tickle. The sun bounced off of the blades causing them to reflect a bright white color, while the wind caused them to shiver.
We reached our destination; a small circle-like clearing in the middle of the grass. She immediately plopped down on the dusty, russet ground, dragging my arm- and me down with her.
I un-gracefully fell down next to her, causing the dust from the ground to poof up around us in a brown haze. It seemed to sparkle as it fell in a swirling mass.
She fell onto the ground as well, giggling as her tawny brown hair fanned out around her head like an angelic halo. While she stared at the clear blue sky, I too stared, but not at the sky, but instead into her honey eyes. They glimmered with love and warmth. I smiled.
... middle of paper ...
...g waterfalls, the place was magnificent.
We walked further into the oasis, my palms, damp and clammy with sweat twitched nervously inside of my pant pockets. Glancing around nervously, my heart swelled with joy when I saw the object of my desires sitting on a rock in the middle of a reflecting pool. Its elegant golden curves and pure white strings reflected in the light, causing it to glimmer.
I went to take a step forward when a horrible rotting stench filled the air. Abruptly, I turned away from the harp and looked behind me. I felt a pain in my chest and looked down to see that I was bleeding.
Then everything warped, just as it did that day so many years ago.
I looked up at Sho to see his teary twisted smile looking down at me. Then, I heard the distant clicking of bullets hit the ground.
The blue water turned red.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An Analysis of Ballad of the Harp-Weaver Take just a second to read the first eight lines very carefully. Picture yourself as a small child being with your mother or father sitting on their lap as they hold you. It is a good feeling that brings warmth and security to any child or any adult needing to recapture the essence of their childhood. In the first four lines we are to understand that the boy's mother is trying to rub his skin to make him warm. That is what "chafe" means, to warm by rubbing.... [tags: Ballad Harp-Weaver Essays]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- As the sun slowly settled, darkness began to overcome the Earth. Sickness—had come. The sickness slowly but readily crept into each home. It was the Midnight Theft. The destructive plague stole during midnight—it stole lives. Deep in the heart of Tukenasville, people were dying, and the whole country was beginning to perish. The flowers withered as they bloomed. The mountain peaks crumbled under steer weight. Animals fled to holes to live out the final moments of their life. People were distraught, and chaos was invading every planet in the macrocosm.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- Air Disaster- Creative Writing The sight that greeted my eyes was haunting. There were dead bodies as far as the eye could see, but somehow nobody had a scratch on them. The plane was in pieces, scattered all around. As the waves rolled up the beach, more and more bodies were revealed. The sun was burning high in the sky and everyone was beginning to tire out. The cliffs towered down on us; the sand burnt our feet as we trod carefully between the corpses. It was a shock; we hadn’t expected to find anything there, but it appeared that almost everyone who had been on the plane was lying here, on the beach, with us.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- She waited for the phone to ring. An old lady named Erica was waiting to hear the good news for grandchild to be born. She finally gets the call that she has a grandson now. Very excited to meet her grandson she decides to fly Dallas the next morning and stay there for the rest of her life. As Jimmy grows up he really get s bonded with her grandmother. When he was ten she dies and there is a sudden change in his behavior. He was a genius in studies but ever since his grandmother died he had stated being to everyone around him.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
492 words (1.4 pages)
- For my first piece of original writing I intend to create a piece primarily written for entertainment however, I also want to portray an interest into historical and political persuasions. I aim to write this piece for an audience of teenagers to young adult who are aged from around fifteen to twenty-five and are male, I also wish to identify with those interested in political thrillers within this age range. The genre of which shall be a short fiction story consisting chiefly of narrative and written in the third person.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- In 2112, a High-Technical Robots Factory has invent and produce thousands of robots that contain every single human’s abilities, but in fact, they are even better than human because they has a lot of different special items, and each item has its own magical power. However one of the robots, called Doraemon, has a huge mistake during the process of manufacture. But none of the workers has found out. So now, Doraemon’s special items might not be always working properly, and sometimes it might have the opposite effect of the original power.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1047 words (3 pages)
- We walked down into the bustling docks, stinking of long dead fish and seaweed. We walked past the decreped old fishing boats and their owners, all with rotting wooden lobster pots and old rope nets. The huge ship was moared in the harbour, its ancient gangplank rested lightly on the hole filled pier. Mr Cheese, our navigator, stood at the top polishing his peg leg, while Meet-Hook stood behind working on yet another wax painting. Otis and Carla ran up the gangplank and began to load the crates of sugar and cotten from the plantations into the hold.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Will he be blue. Is he dead. At the doorway, momentarily, I hesitated. Should I continue. Should I call the police instead. Should I even be here, pondering over to help the man who constantly abused his children and deserved to die. Should I. The children?s pale faces came to mind suddenly. The hollowness of their stares. The frightened gleam in their eyes, the hopelessness in their expressions. They?d already been unwillingly dragged into this chaos. They had no choice over the matter. If they can do this, why can?t you.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Minute after minute the phone had rang in both rooms as people young and old, had paid their mourning respects. The room had been in utter silence, it had been as if the phone had been demanding someone pick it up. It had become very irritating for most of us. I had seen the anger rising up in my uncle, as he has an extremely short temper. He had been trying to clear the furniture out of the front and living room. For everyone in my family, it had been an occasion they had never experienced before, in their lives.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
742 words (2.1 pages)