It's 6am and here I am, in my balcony with my rifle as my loyal friend to make me some company. The zombies have been persistent since the plague struck for the first time. I remember it so well, how could I forget? I had the sexiest girl you could ever imagine in my bed, when, all of a sudden the alarm went off. She went outside to see if she could find what was wrong, when I heard a cry and everything changed. She returned with a reddish wound in her leg. Saying that everything was fine, that it was just a wound, it will heal she said, but it never did and she started to change, to mutate: by the end of the second day; she became violent, with a lustful taste for blood. 'Dear?' I said. She looked at me, with vivid eyes, while I pointed to the door. She followed me outside; I turned her around, made her close her eyes with the pretence of surprising her and then chained her to the porch, chained her like a dog. She turned around aggressively, fire was burning wildly in her eyes and cursed me with all the b's, f's and m words you can think of and maybe some you didn't even knew they existed. I witnessed the transformation of a ten into a tonbie. I made a sign and wrote the words: “Hungry? Have a bite!” she could bite anyone she wanted, but me...no, not me. Bitch! I went upstairs and as I entered the living room, the words “The dead invaded London. Panic everywhere.” came from the TV. “So it's serio...
... middle of paper ...
... tearing eyes. I ignore her despite her attempt to convince me to let her in. 'Please!' she says. I pull the right sleeve, look at watch
'11pm.' I say
'It's 11:50pm...' I say. 'The time's almost up.'
'Almost up for what?'
The wind howls in agreement. Jane looks confused and I couldn't care less.
'For God to show up.'
'Do you believe in God?'
'I do, and will keep believing, at least, for the next 10 minutes.' I gaze to the dark sky ' After that... I'll start believing, exclusively, in myself.'
'Well...' I sigh ' If God created the world in seven days and then rested... Why can't He cure this world and then rest?'
'Maybe there's no God.'
Midnight. It's still possible to hear zombies chanting, the winds still howls noisily; tonbie's still a zombie, I am still standing at the open door, Jane is still sitting in the stairs. Nothing as changed.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- Air Disaster- Creative Writing The sight that greeted my eyes was haunting. There were dead bodies as far as the eye could see, but somehow nobody had a scratch on them. The plane was in pieces, scattered all around. As the waves rolled up the beach, more and more bodies were revealed. The sun was burning high in the sky and everyone was beginning to tire out. The cliffs towered down on us; the sand burnt our feet as we trod carefully between the corpses. It was a shock; we hadn’t expected to find anything there, but it appeared that almost everyone who had been on the plane was lying here, on the beach, with us.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- No one ever admits, even to themselves that they are not happy. I am not happy. Are you happy. Look around. The zombie world hasn't changed much. We walk, mostly in groups, we groan, we eat, we don't sleep and we don't think. Wait. I retract my last statement. I think though, I am able to think. Maybe I am just weird. What else there is to do with time when you've eternity to punish you. Just stop daydreaming. I will tell you what happened. 'You on the back.' The teacher said. 'John.' 'Yes?' 'Can you write the first thing that comes to your mind on that black board, please?' She asked with her usual zombish smile while pointing to the black board behind her.... [tags: zombies, school, groans]
1649 words (4.7 pages)
- It was the year 1972 September 8th. The wind was gushing into my face; the rain was pelting down on my head. My car had just broken down in the middle of the woods and there was no kind of help in sight. There were heavy thunderstorms, and I heard the birds fluttering away. It was scary looking at the sky. I walked a few yards and I saw in the distance an eerie looking house. I was hesitant to go to the house for help but realized there was no other option. As I walked cautiously towards the house I heard the clock struck one from inside.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- For my first piece of original writing I intend to create a piece primarily written for entertainment however, I also want to portray an interest into historical and political persuasions. I aim to write this piece for an audience of teenagers to young adult who are aged from around fifteen to twenty-five and are male, I also wish to identify with those interested in political thrillers within this age range. The genre of which shall be a short fiction story consisting chiefly of narrative and written in the third person.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- In 2112, a High-Technical Robots Factory has invent and produce thousands of robots that contain every single human’s abilities, but in fact, they are even better than human because they has a lot of different special items, and each item has its own magical power. However one of the robots, called Doraemon, has a huge mistake during the process of manufacture. But none of the workers has found out. So now, Doraemon’s special items might not be always working properly, and sometimes it might have the opposite effect of the original power.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1047 words (3 pages)
- He was lying there still and calm, oblivious to the rain pouring through the holes in the rusted roof. The warehouse was abandoned many years ago, the air was thick with dust making it difficult to breathe; the smell was like burnt toast. The disused machinery loomed out of the dark corners, covered in cobwebs ghostly images. The Assassin was unaware of his immediate surroundings, his mind focused on his mission. His vantage point gave him a perfect line of fire. A neglected road that was parallel to the decaying wasteland where homeless people built their makeshift homes lay between the Assassin, his targets hideout.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
494 words (1.4 pages)
- It was almost 6 o’clock and the night was drawing closer. Waiting patiently for the return of his prey, he lay with his body embedded in the fallen leaves of what looked like an endless procession of hedges. The silence was deafening. He had been there for almost three hours, and only one car had passed by, it was going to be a long night for him. The skies were casting a dark, unwanted shadow over him, as though they knew for what purpose he was present. It had started to rain, its pressure strengthening rapidly.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- She watched, as Frank and the many passengers aboard the boat sailed away into the darkening night. The reflection of the boat in the water highlighted by the moonlight began to fade just like Eveline’s dreams of a new life. Eveline could not believe that the opportunity to leave Ireland and her monotonous mundane life had been thrown away, for what was a split second decision, which she now deeply regretted. Her grip on the rusted iron railings gradually decreased and eventually her hands fell to her sides.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Elliot Stretched out his arms as he woke up from a restless night of sleep. Poor Elliot was too afraid to sleep, afraid of the mysterious beastie. In the night he could hear a continuous whispering coming from outside the shelter, the whispering turned into nightmares. After rubbing away the sleep from his delicate eyes with his grubby hands he remembered all the bad dreams from the darkness of the night. These brought a tear to his eye as he remembered the comforts of home.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
466 words (1.3 pages)