Then I looked up at the clouds, while thinking about all the anger my best friends caused me. How could Carter act like my hero, when he did something so cruel? How could Damion like it when I'm unhappy? All they do is think of themselves. I'm sick of it! I hate them!
My train of thought made my anger rise, that was until my cell phone rang. Augh! Damion or Carter is probably calling to apologize to me. Welll, I'm not answering! They can feel guilty for all I care. They hurt me and for that they'll pay!
I didn't answer my phone, but that just made it ring more. So, after awhile of it continuously ringing, I pulled my purple cell phone from my jeaned pocket. Checking the screen, I noticed that the person that kept calling was none other than, my mom. Pressing the talk button, I answered the phone.
“Serenity, oh my gosh! I was so worried. Baby, are you alright?”
“Yeah mom, I'm fine. ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As the sun slowly settled, darkness began to overcome the Earth. Sickness—had come. The sickness slowly but readily crept into each home. It was the Midnight Theft. The destructive plague stole during midnight—it stole lives. Deep in the heart of Tukenasville, people were dying, and the whole country was beginning to perish. The flowers withered as they bloomed. The mountain peaks crumbled under steer weight. Animals fled to holes to live out the final moments of their life. People were distraught, and chaos was invading every planet in the macrocosm.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- Slowly trudging through the swampy field silhouetted by the moon, was the fifth victim of the Silo Strangler. He was 15 years old, 5ft 6 and was the usual teenager who thought that the world revolved around him and that nothing could hurt him. His father laid down the rules in his house and the one he, made a point of most was that Andy should not sneak out of his bedroom and night to go and drink with his friends. Not only was it illegal for him to be drinking, the Silo Strangler was lurking around and had already killed four people in the vicinity of the village.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
438 words (1.3 pages)
- When I first began Writing 101 I only had skills from high school and creative writing, and had no experience writing in a college setting. The reason I took this class was because it was a basic requirement for my studies. I started this class believing that I knew a lot about writing simply because I wrote often in my spare time, and creative writing was my favorite subject in high school. Now that this class is coming to an end, I realized there was so much I did not know about writing such as the rules and styles of writing.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Creative writing]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Anastasia’s creative writing My subject reported that she had been writing stories since early childhood. When she lived in South Korea, she created short stories in English. After moving back to Russia in 2003, she joined a literature club where a university Creative Writing teacher assisted her and other children to compose stories in Russian. The participants were given two weeks to write a story, which they later discussed with their peers in class and made some suggestions for improvement.... [tags: Writing, Short story, Literature, Creative writing]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- THE CREATIVE PROCESS As a student of Creative Media Practice, I have come to appreciate the concept of practice as research, people set about research for a diversity of reasons, but the major goals for academics is to address a problem, find things out or establish new heights. According to Robin Nelson in his book, Practice as Research in the Arts: “The term ‘Arts Practice as Research’ would probably not have been coined had artists not gotten involved with modern higher education systems in respect to programmes of learning” (2013: 3).... [tags: Narrative, Style, Writing, Fiction]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- Why Is Creative Writing An Important Field Of Study. Creative Writing is still a fairly new focus in the academic world. Since it found its place as a part of the English major, its importance and validation has been continually debated. Because of the influence of popular culture, today’s students have been strongly discouraged from pursuing studies within English or Creative Writing; what they aren’t being taught is the many benefits it presents. There is a strong stigma surrounding the English major, stating that it is impossible to get a good job with this degree.... [tags: Creative writing, Writing, Publishing, Creativity]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Hello, I would like your kind consideration and admittance into SNHU’s Online Masters of Arts in English and Creative Writing Program starting in August 2016. After careful review of the course descriptions within the curriculum and realizing the opportunity to study both fiction and non-fiction creative writing simultaneously, within a program tailored to strike a balance between learning through critical analysis of accomplished authors literature and a practical understanding of how their craft applies to my writing, an understanding of the relationship between author and editor and the editors specific role when revising different genres to meet unique publishing standards, and throug... [tags: Writing, Literature, Writer, Creative writing]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- Air Disaster- Creative Writing The sight that greeted my eyes was haunting. There were dead bodies as far as the eye could see, but somehow nobody had a scratch on them. The plane was in pieces, scattered all around. As the waves rolled up the beach, more and more bodies were revealed. The sun was burning high in the sky and everyone was beginning to tire out. The cliffs towered down on us; the sand burnt our feet as we trod carefully between the corpses. It was a shock; we hadn’t expected to find anything there, but it appeared that almost everyone who had been on the plane was lying here, on the beach, with us.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- For my first piece of original writing I intend to create a piece primarily written for entertainment however, I also want to portray an interest into historical and political persuasions. I aim to write this piece for an audience of teenagers to young adult who are aged from around fifteen to twenty-five and are male, I also wish to identify with those interested in political thrillers within this age range. The genre of which shall be a short fiction story consisting chiefly of narrative and written in the third person.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
673 words (1.9 pages)