Essay PreviewMore ↓
The thing I dislike the most about chewing gum is where people leave it, on the bus, under tables and on the floor. It’s disgusting! Have you ever accidentally stepped on a piece of chewing gum just walking down the street? It gets stuck to your foot all day, you try and scrape it off, but it just isn’t budging. You then have to resort to using your fingers to pick off somebody else’s revolting ball of goo. People try and stick chewing gum where ever they can. What’s wrong with a bin? I was in class the other day and my knees touched the underside of the desk. I felt something squidgy touch knee (it was repulsive). Its not exactly hard to put something so small into a bin.
Also chewing gum isn’t biodegradable so if it gets left on the floor it stays on the floor. It makes the place look really untidy. There’s usually a bin near by but people just don’t bother. I guess they don’t mind walking around in a dump. But I do mind and I’m sure loads of other people do as well. So chewing gum should be the first thing to go into room 101.
My next ‘thing’ to put in room 101 is frightening, fury, fierce, foes which are eight legged freaks. When you go to have a bath and there’s one enormous hairy spider crawling around in your bath tub, it’s quite horrifying! You have to search you house for a slipper. Spiders some how sense your trying to squish them they’re really fast. What do you expect they’ve got eight legs? Another thing about spiders is there webs. In my garden I have a trampoline and the spiders love it, they’re on it all the time, I think the net is mostly spider web now. When I want to jump they come out from every direction and frighten me off. I think they do it on purpose. I can’t stand their webs. Have you ever walked through or brushed your hand through a spider web. It feels like your hand gets wrapped around in string and you try desperately to get it off but it clings to your skin like glue.
How to Cite this Page
"Creative Writing: Chewing Gum, Spiders and Pigeons." 123HelpMe.com. 16 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Published in 1959, Cat Among the Pigeons is described as one of Agatha Christie’s most memorable novels. The story begins in Ramat amidst a political revolution, where Jennifer Sutcliffe’s uncle, Bob Rawlinson, is entrusted with precious jewels. Yet he soon meets his death and no one is the wiser about what has become of the jewels. Months later, his niece among with many other students, return for the summer term at the prestigious girls’ school, Meadowbank. However, it soon becomes apparent there is a killer in their midst with the murder of two of the mistresses.... [tags: Agatha Christie, Cat Among the Pigeons]
1763 words (5 pages)
- Persecution of Hispanics Exposed in David Hernandez’s Pigeons The word “outsider” is typically used when describing someone or something that just does not fit in. An outsider is different and distinct, but not always valued or appreciated for its diversities. Quite the opposite of being appreciated, the outsider is usually castrated from whatever society it might have appeared in, and looked down upon for its differences. Sadly, outsiders are frequent in humanity. Whether the purpose for their outsider status relates to gender, race, religion or even economical standing, the fact is that there are outsiders in today’s society.... [tags: Pigeons]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Many people have oral health issues. However, tobacco use has exacerbated the problems already present in many patients. Several studies have been done on this issue. The effects of tobacco use in the oral cavity and how chewing tobacco is detrimental to a patient’s overall health will be discussed in this paper. An age group that is more susceptible to the effects of tobacco, according to a study on oral health care, is sixty-five and older. This is due to the layers of mucosa thinning as the person ages.... [tags: Chewing Tobacco Essays]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- Adult black widow spiders have a shiny, black, rounded, circular abdomen and are about 1/3 inch long (about 1-1/2 inches when their legs are spread). Adult spiders have two reddish or yellowish triangles on their bottom which looks like an hourglass marking, and their body color is dark colored usually black or sometimes dark brown. They are usually recognized because of their red or red-orange hourglass design on the bottom of their abdomen. This pattern is changeable and may look like two separated spots.... [tags: Biology Biological Spiders Research Spider Essays]
2385 words (6.8 pages)
- Advertising Cigarettes and Chewing Tobacco Tobacco, tumor causing teeth staining smelly puking habit. Advertising has become a way of life. The average American is exposed to 3,000 advertisements a day. These advertisements come from the television, radio, news-papers, billboard signs, and countless other ways. The advertisers use different ways of attracting a consumer to buy their product. One of the strategies that the author will use is called appeals, which uses ethos (ethics), pathos (feelings), and logos (logic).... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Media Ads Essays]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- Spiders Spiders can be found in all environments throughout the entire world, except in the air and sea. (Biology of Spiders, R.Foelix) These invertebrates of the order Aranea are one of the several groups of the Class Arachnida, with about thirty four thousand species. They range in body size from only a few millimeters in length to almost five inches. All are carniverous and have four pair of walking legs, one pair of pedipalps, and one pair of chelicerae. (Spiders, W.Shear) Each chelicerae consists of a base and a fang.... [tags: science]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Introduction The words chewing gum can be defined as “a type of soft candy that you chew but do not swallow”(Merriam Webster 2013). Humans have chewed gum for thousands of years (American Dental Association, 2013). The Greeks, Mayans, and American Indians all chewed a type of gum-like substance (Noren Laura 2013). The Native Americans who met the European colonists passed chewing gum to them (Wrigley Jr. Company 2012). This early form of gum was the sap of the spruce tree from when it is cut (Wrigley Jr.... [tags: Tooth Decay, Increased Heartrate]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Spiders My essay is on spiders. I have chosen a few spiders to report about. I also have some basic info about spiders in general. Spiders comprise a large, widespread group of carnivorous arthropods. They have eight legs, can produce silk, and usually have poison glands associated with fangs. More than 30,000 species of spiders are found on every continent except Antarctica in almost every kind of terrestrial habitat and a few aquatic ones as well. Spiders range in body size from about 0.5 mm (0.02 in) to 9 cm (3.5 in).... [tags: essays research papers]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- My well-worn sneakers paced the ground beneath them with a syncopated rhythm that communicated to the rest of the world, “I’m on a mission!” The black sole meets the dirt path with fervor as the leaves and dirt dissipate from behind me forging lines in the dirt like a red path from a navigation screen. I have always enjoyed running outdoors in Colorado. The cool breeze provides redemptive counsel for my stress, and my heart churns the thin air into my body—beat by rhythmic beat blood involuntarily pulsates through my veins.... [tags: Writing]
2012 words (5.7 pages)
- Writing Mountains are tall. If you are stupid enough to jump off one you fall fast and you land hard. The five-paragraph theme is my mountain and I have just jumped right off it. There don't seem to be any outcroppings to grab for, and my assignment is to discuss my cliff as I continue to drop from it. So I will not grab. I will let myself fall, and hope for pillows at the end. I feel lost without my introduction to conclusion formula started at the beginning of this paper. Why do I have to do this assignment.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing Education Essays]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
P. I. G. E. O. N. S. pigeons. They’re smelly flea-ridden rodents of the sky that infuriate anyone and everyone they could ever come across. They don’t care where they deposit their waste (poo!) mainly on our cars, I’m sure they aim so we have to clean our cars more often. We could all do without it especially if it’s a really sticky one and takes forever to get off. They always seam to be around I went shopping in Barry the other week, they were all over the place every where you looked pigeon, pigeon, pigeon. The place was covered in bird poo. I had to be extra careful where I stepped. They’ve got so used to people now that when you go near them they don’t fly away anymore. I saw a man eating a pasty and a bit fell off it was like a wrestling match. They flew in scrambling for a tiny piece of pastry. I couldn’t believe it. They eat the most ghastly things which make them smell revolting. Also they carry the most hideous diseases one of them is called chiamdiosis which is similar to the flu. Nobody wants to catch the flu. So that’s my reasons for wanting to put pigeons, spiders and chewing gum into room 101.