Where do we come from? The creation of the world has been told through many different stories, and from a variety of religions across the world. The argument between evolution and creation has been debated back and forth for years. So how do we know which claim is correct? Has all life evolved from simple bacteria to all the species that appear today, or did life on earth begin with God's creation of Adam from dust and his partner Eve from adam’s rib bone. As a child I grew up attending church every Sunday with my grandparents, attending bible school, and taught the ways of the Lord. I wouldn’t know any different until my eyes were opened in biology class where the theory of Evolution is justified. There are different explanations to describe the origin of life on earth, which proves neither evolution or creation by God wrong. The main complication is that creationist believe that god created man, but there is much more to life on earth than man, it goes from animals, to plants, to bacteria, right down to single nucleic acid sequences; which are capable of sustaining life and reproducing. Even though the theory of Evolution has many pieces of evidence missing, it is hard to believe that life was placed on earth by a supernatural figure(God).
Creationism is the belief that a supernatural being created all living things in their present form. The creation story written in the Bible is taken as a literal truth, instead of a metaphorical myth. There is nothing wrong with believing in a higher source as a God but scientific theories have measured Earth’s history in billions of years and have discovered biology is shaped by the natural force of evolution. This opens new windows and room for reasoning. Scientific evidence does not r...
... middle of paper ...
...to mutate, evolve, and adapt, was put into the equivalent of a supernatural God to have done in a day. So with the story that God created earth, light, plants, seasons, and Adam from dust along with Eve from his rib bone to come together and mate to create life, all in six days and six nights, is simply the metaphorical reasoning behind sciences explanation of the origin of life on earth.
“Creationism.” Current Issues: Macmillan Social Science Library. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 14 Jan. 2014.
“Evolution.” Current Issues: Macmillan Social Science Library. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 14 Jan. 2014.
“Genetics and Evolution.” Genetics and Genetic Engineering. Barbara Wexler. 2011 ed. Detroit: Gale, 2011. Information Plus Reference Series. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 16 Jan. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Validity of Creationism and Evolution Abstract: This paper discusses the validity of both creation and evolution and examines whether they can interact with each other. Besides doing my own research, I have chosen to interview four people extensively involved in either Christianity or biology. I specifically picked interviewees who strongly supported either evolution or creation to get both sides of the issue. Two of the people were from United Christian Fellowship (UCF): Andrew Larratt-Smith, leader of UCF, and Ricardo Dawkins, UCF small group member.... [tags: Science Creationism Evolution Essays]
3549 words (10.1 pages)
- As long as history has been written, humans have wondered where they came from. They have yearned for the answers to life and its many intricacies, why certain animals have special traits allocated only to them, and why others are seemingly missing what they require to survive. Humans, as far as they know, are the only species with the brain power to question such things, and in questioning them, they have concocted many explanations for such things. These theories include Gods and Goddesses, scientific phenomena, a single God, a being that may or may not have created everything.... [tags: Evolution, Creationism, Charles Darwin]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Evolution v.Creationism The debate of evolution and creationism has been going on for a long time now. When Charles Darwin brought up the origins of species in 1859, this is when the debate had fully begun. The first time that evolution and creationism was debated in a court case was in the 1925 Scopes trial. Evolution was removed from the textbooks and the curriculum. Evolution started sneaking back into the textbooks in 1987. Parents were upset with the school 's teaching evolution to the students when they were raised as Christians.... [tags: Evolution, Creationism, Intelligent design]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- Individuals believe in creation, some in evolution, and some are undecided (Morris Henry). Some argue whether or not evolution and creationism should be taught in schools. Others feel as though creation is not a valid enough idea to actually be taught to the youth of our generation. There have been many debates and controversy going on for many years about this subject. That is because people feel strongly about this topic and their beliefs. Surveys, articles, case studies and a vast amount of other sources state that a large amount of people all over the world want both evolution and creationism to be taught in school due to the fact that both attempt to explain the origins of the universe... [tags: Evolution vs Creationism]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Was the universe created by an all mighty being. Or was it created over the course of billions of years. These are questions that have been pondered for thousands of years. Even today the question remains: how did the universe come to be. On one hand the creationists say that an all mighty being just created the universe and everything followed after. On the other hand evolutionists believe that the universe had come into existence over the course of billions of years. No one knows which is correct simply because not a single person has a firsthand account of the beginning of the universe.... [tags: Evolution, Creationism, Scopes Trial, Butler Act]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- The great debate of evolution vs. creationism has been ongoing for many years. Many like to generalize evolutionists as Atheists and creationists as Christians, but this generalization is false. There are countless scientists that are Christian, and there are also a lot of Christians that take the evolution side. In this research paper, I will contrast the ideas and arguments from both creationism and evolutionism and then take an educated side using my knowledge. I will try to be as unbiased as I can throughout the first section of the paper, and then move on to opinions based on facts on the last page.... [tags: Evolution vs. Creationism Essays]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Over many years the ideas of evolution has been taught in public schools. One of the problems evolution has faced is, how much time should be spent on the subject and what are the important things one must know. This has been controversial for as long as evolution has been taught in schools and still not one way is right for all. There are many different types of evolution and along with those there are theories. A theory is information put together to form the most reasonable answer based on the evidence.... [tags: Evolution, Creationism, Scopes Trial, Education]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Creationism and Evolution taught in schools Introduction: The education of evolution and creationism in the public school system has been debatable. Charles Darwin published his conclusions of evolution in 1859. This altered the teaching of science in the public school system intensely (Armenta, 1). Several court cases have been filed against the teaching of evolution. Because of the religious conservative legislators a ban was placed on the teaching of evolution and the equal treatment of evolution and creationism or intelligent design (Armenta, 1).... [tags: Education, Creation, Evolution, Darwin]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- Creationism - The Theory of Evolution is not Logical Genesis 1:1“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” This quote, taken from the Hebrew Bible describes the belief that religious Jews and Christians follow. These two religions think that man, the earth, and the rest of the universe were originally created instead of the theory of evolution. This view on the origin of the earth is unique, because it was the first religion to practice monotheism (belief in one God), and that God alone created the universe.... [tags: Biblical Creationism Bible]
492 words (1.4 pages)
- “Life has no meaning. Jesus gives our life meaning, we must accept him to give meaning to our life. It futile to ask about the meaning of life when you are the answer.” ― Rob Geis Creationism and the study of evolution has been a controversial debate for decades now, leaving many people on one side or the other. Creationism argues that faith should take precedent over science, basing its beliefs on one book for guidance, the Bible. God created the earth and everything on it, taking six days.... [tags: Science vs Creationism]
3773 words (10.8 pages)