Throughout the semester I was able to achieve a number of different types of goals. One of the goals that I was able to achieve was being able to compose a paper for a particular audience and keep a certain tone. That goal was achieve in the writing of paper one “Why should students major in my field?” In this paper I had to think about exactly who my target audience was, which caused for a lot of brainstorming on rather it was for incoming freshman or a student looking to transfer into my field. This paper was an argument paper that caused for me to think about what made my major stand out over every major there possibly is to major in at the University of Louisiana of Lafayette . I also had to evaluate what made me want to major in the English field and how can this field be beneficial to other students? Through the process it required a lot of thinking on what is so appealing about majoring in English. I had to clear my head and really think what stood out to me and what key points should be argued for people to major in my field. Once I was able to consider who m...
... middle of paper ...
...per three are a stronger conclusion with a few grammar errors corrected and sentence structure looked at. With each of the revisions I found that I made it paper stronger which gave me the confidence that I grew as a writer.
Growth is a part of life ; things are changing constantly right before our eyes. Through the course I feel I grew when it came to writing. Having to compose three different types of essays allowed me to do so. I was able to grow and achieve all my goals and notice my weakness along with my strengths. Whether it was picking out which type of argument I wanted to make or which scholarly journal would best fit with my topic. Although I have made improvements I still have some growing to do. With using all the information that I collected and composed this semester one thing I know is I am ready to see what majoring English has to offer to me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Writing is by far the most challenging course I’ve ever had. It is a combinations of grammars, dictions, and proper conjugation that when done correctly, produce a beautiful piece of language. I for one, did not do very well in my attempt to writing a beautiful language. Well according to JK Rowling, “one must fail in order to succeed”, her quote is kind of inspiring for me but the better question I have for her is how much do I have to fail to succeed. My writings are like sort of driving on a road that is full of holes and cracks.... [tags: Writing, Thought, Essay, Mind]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Throughout this course, I greatly improved my writing through the projects I did in this course and successfully fulfilled all the course learning outcomes of writing and designing, reading and analyzing, researching and documenting, and the use of technology and media. This course helped me improve my organization in my writing and helped me learn to be more specific to help get the point of what I needed to communicate across faster. The following sections demonstrate how I fulfilled the course learning outcomes and how I grew as a writer through this course.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writer]
1606 words (4.6 pages)
- As a transfer student, I wasn’t super happy to learn that I had to take another English course, especially a specialized writing course. I came to the knowledge that I had to take the University Writing course, because it’s a requirement to graduate, therefore, I really didn’t have a choice. As I came into class the first day, my expectations left me and I was more in surprise. This course will teach me what I need to improve on and specific writing tasks I do particularly well on, and it will also get in touch with my creative side.... [tags: Writing, Want, Education, Need]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Through the semester, on the struggle bus, trying to write essays in short period times is the toughest part about English class. I feel that college writing course has benefited my ability as a writer and has increased my confidence about writing. The style of writing that was introduced was not fully explain in my high school years, and was not something I believe I could mastered on my own. In the semester, there was four major essays and about fifteen journals that I wrote during the semester.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Short story]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Liz J – 38 minutes Who am I, where have I been, and where am I going in my writing. Writing is a stressful process if you are not use to doing it all the time. In this paper I will discuss how my writing has changed over the course of this class. Who am I now with my writing. Where have I been with my writing and where I am going with my writing. When I began this class my attitude on writing was very bad. I did not want to do it at all and I did struggle with all the process of writing. I was not good at writing at all other than my shopping list that I leave at home when I shop anyway.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing process, Writing style]
1847 words (5.3 pages)
- Syllabus Explanation English 100 is a Basic Skill Writing course that fits into the sequence of developmental courses by preparing students for the college-level course, Composition English 101. As stated in the course objectives, this course fits into the curriculum by placing emphasis on “individual expression in paragraph form, sentence clarity through knowledge of sentence structure, and correct word forms.” In this class, students will learn the fundamentals of paragraph and essay structure, engage in writing as a purposeful process, implement strategies that will reduce common sentence and grammatical errors, and produce strong and effective Academic essays that exemplify an unde... [tags: Essay, Writing, Academia, Learning]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- Going into this course, I felt that the reading and writing skills I learned in high school were very beneficial in preparing me for an English college course. In high school, I was enrolled in GATE and AP English courses. In these classes, I was assigned several readings and was taught to actively read by doing annotations. I was to summarize the writer 's main points, to write down my own opinions, or to connect it to any personal experiences. These annotations helped me understand the writer 's message better because I was able to break down the things the writer said and only focused on the important points.... [tags: Writing, Rhetoric, Writer, Thought]
1406 words (4 pages)
- I would never have expected that I would enjoy writing as much as I do now. In my former perspective, English was just composing mundane papers and a waste of time. However, the moment I entered English Composition 1 on August 29th, my entire perspective on English started to change. Several assignments in the course and reading through the textbook Patterns for College Writing by Laurie G. Kirszner and Stephen R. Mandell assisted me when it came to writing essays and understanding the different techniques and aspects of writing.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Composition studies]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- A College Writing Course in the 21st Century Throughout the 21 century the basis of a college writing course was to make people become the best writers they can possibly be according to the colleges standards. The whole idea and purpose was to make everyone use the same techniques and formats in order to answer and write essays. Although this was a very good idea but the minority of the writers weren't as fortunate because they had their own way of expressing their thoughts which was very sufficient but it never met the colleges' standards therefore they weren't able to become what they wanted to because of their different format and use of the English language.... [tags: Writing Writers Education School Essays]
1484 words (4.2 pages)
- The Importance of the Access and Foundation Course The eassy is aimed at the reason why I am doing access and foundation course,and why it will lead to a degree qualification.it will be consist of the reason why I chose the access and foundation,and what I will achieve at the end of the programme.All the reasons will be in paragraphs to explain. Second chance with the access and foundation course to gain a degree qualification. I never have the chance to understand higher education standard and the requirements properly, until when I join the access and foundation course.i come to this programme so that I can have a cleared understanding,better knowledge and what is expected in further ed... [tags: Education Course Review Analysis]
944 words (2.7 pages)