According to the United States Census Bureau in 2012, Shasta County estimated a total of 178,586 people, compared to the 38,041,430 total population of California. A projection stated the fact that population in Shasta County increase annually with an average increase of 1 percent, and now stated to be the 30th most populated county out of 58 counties in the state of California In Shasta County, the population is comprised of 5.7% kids under the age of 5, 21.8% children under the age of 18, and 18.1% people the age of 65 and over. The largest Shasta racial and ethnic groups are White with 88.9%, following that isHispanic or Latin Origin with 8.9%, American Indian and Alaska Natives of 3.1%, Asian 2.7%, and lastly, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander by 0.2% (United States Census Bureau, 2012).
In the above socioeconomic status data from the County-level data sets of 2013, it sh...
... middle of paper ...
...sign communities to support outside activities, like hiking, biking trails, or increase any type of opportunities for physical activity in schools and community. Shasta County should also promote eating more fruits and vegetables each day, or whole grain products, to limit the amounts of calories, saturated fat, sugar, and salt in your diet. These balanced diet and physical activity will help people to maintain longer and healthier life. In addition, most importantly, Shasta County must support enforce programs targeting alcohol and tobacco sales to minors, reduce children’s exposure to alcohol and tobacco advertising, and prevent intervention for alcohol abuse. Shasta County should also promote designated driver programs, and advocate better safety engineering of motor vehicles are great recommendation to decrease injuries and deaths due to motor vehicle crashes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mount Shasta Term Paper Many of us know Mount Shasta to be a beautiful mountain and a popular tourist location in California. However, this mountain is much more than that, this mountain is actually a volcano. Volcanoes come with a number of hazards and a volcano of this size is of no exception. Previous eruptions on Mount Shasta have given us an idea of the power this volcano has and the damage it may do. With this information scientists are able to predict what may happen should another explosion occur.... [tags: Beautiful, Tourism, California, Mountains, Popular]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- The area which will be focused on in this piece is the county of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown (DLR) (CSO area code CTY 05) which is located in South County Dublin. The population of this area stands at 206,261 (47.8% male, 52.2% Female). People aged 0-14 stands at 37,536 (50.95% male, 40.05% Female).The elderly (65+) account for 29,872 of population (42.42% Male, 57.58% Female). The fact that there are significantly more women of the age 65+ would indicate that the health of males is worse than females in this area which then results in a lower life expectancy for men.... [tags: Statistical Analysis]
1816 words (5.2 pages)
- We are a renowned organization engaged in retailing and supplying of Audio & Visual Equipment, Sprung Back Scrappers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners. These are known for their durability, reliability and excellent performance. Owing to our experience of almost a decade in this field, we are engaged in offering our clients with a comprehensive range of LCD Projectors, Cordless Mike, Computers, Laptops and Audio Systems. Apart from these, we also provide Collar Mike, Sprung Back Scrapers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners.... [tags: Business Profile]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- The Fresno County Department of Social Services mission statement is “The Fresno County Department of Social Services (DSS) serves some of the most ethnically and culturally diverse communities in the State of California. Our programs are designed to promote services to ensure that individuals and families will be safe, self sufficient, healthy, out of trouble at home, in school or at work”. The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program provides services include house cleaning, shopping, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping and personal care to low-income elderly individuals or disabled or blind individuals to remain safely in their home.... [tags: Sociology, Social work]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Sea levels have been on the rise since 1880, steadily increasing every year, as seen in figure 1 provided by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Globally, sea levels have risen 10-25cm (3.9 - 9.8inches) in the past century due to water input from melting ice caps (Hopkinson et al.). Sea level rise is most prominent on the east and west coast. On the east coast, sea levels have risen anywhere from six inches to over eight inches. Over on the west coast, specifically in the Southern California region, sea levels have risen 0.01 inches up to two inches according to the web article, Climate Indicators in the United States, published by the EPA.... [tags: California King Tides Initiative]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Visit California is a nonprofit organization that was formed in 1998 at a governmental state level that encourages tourism to California. The organization is run by the executive committee and board members. The mission of the organization is “to develop and maintain marketing programs — in partnership with the state's travel industry — that keep California top-of-mind as a premier travel destination” (About Visit California, 2014). The 37 members Visit California commission include individuals from all 12 regions of California and they manage all properties of those regions (About Visit California, 2014).... [tags: funding, non profit, tourism, california]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- Even though monopolies are illegal, public corruption allows companies to form and continues to be a problem today. In an article published by the Los Angeles, Anh Do and Richard Winton expose a case of corruption in the Orange County, California courts. In the Travel Pulse article "Airlines Leaving Us Little Choice – Like A Monopoly," posted by Rich Thomaselli, the practice of monopolization is observed in the airline industry. The author criticizes large airlines on their growth that has led to at “93 of the top 100 [airports], one or two airlines controlling a majority of the seats” (Thomaselli).... [tags: Airline, Delta Air Lines, Northwest Airlines]
702 words (2 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- Today in California we are blessed with such diversity and ethnical outlooks that make this state what it is today. However, the diversity didn't just popped up out of the ground and grows. It has come from along line of dedication and work, through community and most of all church. Churches like Saddleback, First A. M. E, and now more recently Dream Center and many others. Technology is helping lead the way for many of these churches both new and old. The new ideas of the Southern Californian Protestant churches are beginning to liven up the churches with music, dance, and picture and paintings.... [tags: Church Religion California]
1228 words (3.5 pages)