The career of cosmetology is a positively frantic world because of the different aspects and other related fields. The research will describe the career of being a cosmetologist, what is required to become a successful stylist/cosmetologist, and the impact if this career on society. In this industry, you must be a social butterfly. You work with people all day. This includes talking and building relationships with clients and coworkers.
This career can take you into the world of esthetics.This is the maintenance of the skin. Scientists are always working with cosmetologists to create cutting edge techniques to beautify the skin. Estheticians help identify whether a client 's skin type is oily, dry, or combination. They make assessments and recommend their clients products that may improve his or her skin. Estheticians learn to recognize skin disorders as well . Potentially, if the client is treated improperly you run the risk of spreading the disease to other clients or yourself. Having a clean environment is crucial.
Other careers in the cosmetic world are things like manicurists and nail technicians. Many people may not put much thought into it., but to be a nail tech or manicurist, you have to understand a lot, especially the anatomy of nails. Nails techs follow a number of steps in order to keep natural nails in tacts and to keep the client in a pain free experience. These steps include cleansing the nails,moisturizing, pushing the cu...
... middle of paper ...
... some own their own shops, stores, or businesses. These individuals usually work long hours. When seeking a position, an impressive portfolio is a must, especially in this industry. It’s suggested you have pictures or photographs of your best work. having this shows the potential employer a glimpse of your personal style.
As a young female in today 's society, specifically talking about makeup, I have come to realize that women and even men, have come a long way. Developing new standards and new fashion. Breaking the stereotypes. makeup has been a major part of women 's fashion evolution. makeup is much more than just eyeshadow and lipstick, It’s a chance to transform yourself into whoever and experiment. I’ve always been about expressing oneself. i feel this industry is right up an expressive characters ally. I look forward to this going on extravagant adventure.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How does math influence the life of cosmetologists. Cosmetology is the study and professional skill or practice of the face, hair, skin, and nails. Cosmetology employs personal appearance workers including hairstylist, shampooers, barbers, cosmetologist and many more. Math relate to Cosmetology because of running an Cosmetology business, barbering, coloring, hair cutting, sectioning, braiding the hair, makeup and many more. Furthermore, cosmetologists must understand fractions and percentages when using equipment and when mixing coloring products.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Cosmetology is a profession with a long history that requires intense schooling, implements a variety of techniques, practical knowledge and a high degree of that blend of communication and psychology which most people refer to as "people skills.". The word “Cosmetology” comes from the Greek civilization, some of the very first evidence of makeup was found in Mesopotamia, people figured this out by finding their carvings and portraits. From the carvings and portraits, they can tell that mostly only the rich and “powerful” could afford to paint their faces and nails.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- A lot of women love to look good on a day to day basis, so a cosmetologist is what they need. A cosmetologist is a beauty specialist who is educated in doing hair, makeup, and nails. It’s very interesting because you get to be creative, have fun, have people looking gorgeous, and get paid for doing something you love. In this paper, you will be introduced to a lot of information in the field of cosmetology. Learning about the history and background, requirements to obtain the career and job positions will be covered throughout this paper.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Makeup in Society Cosmetology is the professional skill and practice of beautifying all of the face, skin, hair, etc. Cosmetologists bring out the beauty within each person. Being a cosmetologist isn’t easy. It contains many practices, patience and most of all, talent. One thing about Cosmetology is that it’s not only to beautify, but also to make people feel good about themselves as a person. It’s important to make sure that especially as a person to feel confident about one’s features and body.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology, Beauty]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- A large number of cosmetics and health care products must be tested on animals to guarantee their safety for human use. American women use on average 12 personal care products per day, therefore product safety is of great importance. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) supports the use of animal testing on cosmetics to assure the safety of a product or ingredient ("US Food & Drug Administration", 2015). The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938 was passed after a legally advertised toxic mixture killed 107 people, including several children.... [tags: Animal testing, Testing cosmetics on animals]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- ... helping me get the word out. Not only by words but I can show pictures of what I can actually do. I’m young and I have questions about what I have to do to become more knowable of being successful such as: What salary can I earn. What not to do with real hair. What are some of the best products for hair out. How long can weave last in someone’s hair. The commitment in going to school for this field. How much will I have to lose or sacrifice business wise. I plan to research the study of beauty by internet, books, magazines, and interviews.... [tags: career choices, opportunities]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Should animals suffer for cosmetics. In many countries animals are still used for research. However, it has been a controversial issue that people were supporting it and were against it. People have been arguing for many years against it. First of all, I read an article from PETA (People for the ethical Treatment of animals) which reported growing opposition to animal testing in US. In this I found that many people in the US are against it which made me think to find out more about it. Scientists believe that animal testing is acceptable because it is used for diseases.... [tags: Animal testing, Testing cosmetics on animals]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- A survey certified that average women spend about $13,000 on makeup in her life time. Not only that, but also spend 300 hours applying it. Beauty tends to increase the self esteem of women, they think more positive of themselves. Along with that like anything else cosmetology has revolutionized throughout the years. Cosmetology has played an important role in lives of women, it does not only represent beauty, but also self confidence. In the industry of cosmetology there has been women that have played an important role.... [tags: beauty schools, makeup, women, chemicals]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Have you ever thought about becoming a cosmetologist. Are you familiar with what a cosmetologist does. Do you think you have the skill and patience it takes to become a cosmetologist. The basics of becoming a cosmetologist and why it is so common in today’s world will be explained in the following paragraphs. “A cosmetologist is a beauty specialist who is educated in treating the hair, skin, and nails” (McKay). Some of the services that are required of a cosmetologist include but are not limited to: shampooing, hair, treating disorders, haircuts or trims, and styling hair (Chronicle Guidance Publications).... [tags: Career Research ]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- MAC (Makeup Art Cosmetics) is originally a Canadian company that has been operating for more than 20 years and it has already penetrate to many countries all around the world, in the North and South America at most. It sells brand cosmetics of high quality that is intended for professional as well as everyday usage. The brand is sought-after also by many celebrities, fashion models, and photographers because of its delicate texture, huge choice of colors, and durability. The products are usually very well tolerated on every skin type and MAC make-up items are also suitable for women with sensitive eyes (MAC, 2007, p.... [tags: mac cosmetics report]
1884 words (5.4 pages)
- International Norms And Financial Assets And Liabilities
- Learning Is The Process Of Acquiring Knowledge And Skills Through Personal Experience
- The Importance Of A Special Education Teacher
- The Career Of Being A Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Inclusion And Education For All
- The General Structure Of A Scheme Of Work