As stated earlier, there are surgeries for almost every part of your body. Some of the most common surgical procedures are Facelift, Hair Replacement, Breast Enlargement (Augmentation) or Reduction, Liposuction, Rhinoplasty, Blepharoplasty. Facelift surgery is also known as Rhytidectomy (Cosmetic Surgery). Rhytidectomy procedures tighten your face, and in some cases, can take off ten to twenty years of age. Liposuction is also referred to as Lipoplasty. Lipoplasty is a preferred choice for individuals who would like to lose extreme amounts of weight in a short time period; however, if weight is put back on after the surgery, the patient could dimple the surgery and require fat injections to smooth back out (Hagy). Lipoplasty is also common for people who have lost extreme amounts of fat already. These people choose to become patients because of the excess skin left behind from the weight loss- the excess skin can cause rashes and infections (Cosmetic And Weight Loss Surgery Gets A Big Lift). Also, surely, the extra skin is uncomfortable and unpleasant results for the individual. Rhinoplasty is a procedure done...
... middle of paper ...
...ecipient should ask their doctor about birth control, estrogen supplements, and intaking herbs such as ginkgo and concentrated garlic before receiving surgery (Cohen). However, anything can be a risk if the recipient does not do research and picks the wrong doctor for the job (Hagy).
In conclusion, cosmetic surgery is just like any other surgery except for the fact that the recipient volunteers himself or herself to be reconstructed. Cosmetic procedure has had this idea of only women can receive it; however, men are slowly accepting this idea and modernizing it to be a normality. No matter what gender the recipients are, Dr. Frank Fechner had the right idea that “it’s the universal desire to maintain youthfulness. . .” Even with the costs, risks, and more, the number of cosmetic procedures being done each year is increasing and should continue to grow in acceptance.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. In the first two texts there are numerous views concerning adolescent cosmetic surgery. Among these views are, for example, Diana Zuckerman, president of the National Research Center for Women and Families, whom are mentioned in both texts. As she is quoted in the second text , Seeking Self-Esteem Through Surgery, an article by Camille Sweeney, posted on New York Times website, January 15 anno 2009, “They may not be any happier with their new look, then what?”. Said quote depicts quite well the general skepticism that Diana Zuckerman seems to hold in both texts.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- What was once a surgery performed primarily to restore, is now used to enhance a person’s face and body. Cosmetic surgery, which is said to have been “used more than 4,000 years ago to treat facial injuries” (Fresh Faces) is now considered a common activity among any kind of person. This surgery first gained popularity in the 1910’s after World War I, among soldiers with shattered war faces in need of repair. Later, it became a popular trend among women, who were mostly from high-class society, and then in the 1990’s the industry expanded to include men, and even more recently has been including teenagers as young as the age of 15.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery Essays]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- An extremely amount of people around the world do not feel comfortable with the face that they were born with and feel uncomfortable to show it. They believe they are ugliest people in the world and they feel like that whatever the people say is the truth. They believe that they have no other escape but to go in for cosmetic surgery. An enormous amount of men and woman go in for cosmetic surgery to make them look younger or fix a part of their face that they are unsatisfied with or they want to reshape something that to them is a disorder.... [tags: God, Religion, Cosmetic Surgery, Face]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Cosmetic surgery has been around for decades. As the years went by, new procedures came to surface as well as new surgical tools. The procedures that surfaced became attention grabbing from many people. New and improved procedures and equipment came as more years went by and it grabbed more attention to more people. But is cosmetic surgery the answer to a person with low self esteem. The first American Plastic Surgeon was John Peter Mettauer. He performed the first cleft palate in 1827 with surgical instruments that he designed himself.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Cosmetic surgery companies offer many options in which to finance cosmetic procedures for individual of all income levels. There were over 10 million surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures performed in the United States in 2008, as reported by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). (Surgery, 2009) The statistic mentioned, clearly shows how many of us now would be willing to undergo cosmetic surgery. But, have you asked why. In today’s society, plastic surgery is the number one chosen alternative decision for the augmentation of physical appearance, scar repair and for the repair of a deformity, whether it be a birth defect or disfigurement from an accident.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery Essays]
1399 words (4 pages)
- What You Should Know about Cosmetic Surgery Cosmetic Surgery is a phenomenon that has increased over the past few years. Even though this epidemic has become very popular, there is so much to know about it before having it done. Most people who have cosmetic surgery do so to change their appearance by altering the parts of their bodies that make them unhappy. Being dissatisfied with one’s appearance sometimes brings down one’s self-esteem, and people feel as though cosmetic surgery can help them gain back the confidence they have lost.... [tags: Plastic Cosmetic Surgery]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- Cosmetic surgery is a procedure that reshapes and redefines the portions of a person’s body that he or she wishes to improve to his or her satisfaction. There are surgeries for just about every piece of a person’s physical being that he or she wishes to change. Dr. Angelo Cuzalina states, “Some people think of cosmetic surgery as not real surgery. . . It’s still surgery. You get cut. You bleed.” This professional is correct. Cosmetic surgery is a generally safe procedure; however, with every surgery comes risks.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Liposuction]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- Everyone has had their own personal stories of the times that they have been bullied; this could be anywhere from being bullied by their siblings to being bullied at school for things that they do or how they look. In school now, children from the ages of 5 all the way up until they are 18 or older are getting bullied for the ways that they look. Children all throughout school had dreamt of the day where they could just take their defected body part off and just switch it with a new “normal” body part.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery, Surgery]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Nowadays, doctors perform surgeries at a number of free-standing surgical centers instead of performing at hospitals. The best part is that these centers offer friendlier and welcoming settings for the patients to undergo the cosmetic treatment of their choice. If you are interested to learn more about the history of cosmetic treatments in humans, here is a brief overview. Plastic surgery in the past: • History suggests that cosmetic surgery procedures are in existence for centuries. The types of plastic surgery and augmentation procedures we see today were already used by surgeons back in the early 1800s.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Between celebrities, other socialites, and everyday people cosmetic surgery has become increasingly popular over the years. Everyday people have used cosmetic surgery to alter their appearance, whether it is to look like someone else or to look prettier and skinnier without a goal of being a look alike millions of people get these surgeries every year. Everyday people and celebrities alike as they age are getting cosmetic surgery to look as if they have not aged at all and to appear younger then they looked before.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast implant]
1124 words (3.2 pages)