To change a sales culture, is more than just changing the way we track sales. It is about getting to the root of the problems, and sticking to what our company believes in. We have been informed that we will be eliminating sales goals all together. That is completely accurate. However, we will be implementing new goals in their place. We will instead be rebuilding our business, and rebuilding the trust we have lost, by strengthening performance measures that are tied to customer satisfaction, loyalty and ethics (Eshet, 2016). We are doing this because the sales goals, and practices, is what has lead us down this path.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s director, Richard Cordray, has been quoted as saying “Wells Fargo built an incentive compensation program that made it possible for its employees to pursue underhanded sales practices” (Askew, 2016). So despite letting go thousands of employees, it has become common knowledge that the sales culture tha...
... middle of paper ...
... of the community and put more emphasis on their actions and overall customer service abilities. We will offer opportunities to go on off-sites to local businesses and offer budgeting courses and savings tips that will not only better our reputation with the community, but hopefully increase our customer base as well.
As a company we need to recognize and take ownership of the problems we have seen. Furthermore, we need to do our best to ensure that this never happens again. We failed our customers, and our teams, by placing the importance of sales over the importance of our reputation and our customer’s financial success. In order to correct this we need to get rid of our previous goals, and way of measuring our success. Instead we need to measure that success on our integrity, reputation, and commitment to our customers. These changes will help us do that.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For almost 100 years the Better Business Bureau has offered many different Services and Programs that are essential to control a trustworthy relationship between a business and the customer. The BBB is offered in 50 States and 12 provinces, and was founded in 1912. The BBB currently has a total of 400,000 North American businesses that are accredited by the BBB. The BBB is a non-profit organization that focuses mainly on advancing marketplace trust. There are 128 independently incorporated local BBB organizations in the Canada and the US, coordinated under the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB) which is situated in Washington D.C.... [tags: business, customes]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Social Security and Corporate Welfare 'Social Security—the nation's largest, costliest, and most successful domestic program has reached a critical juncture in its development. As its creators anticipated, nearly every wage earner now pays taxes into the system. In principle, all citizens may be eligible for "entitlements" at some point in their lives. Yet...senior citizens worry that their benefits will be cut; younger Americans are skeptical—if not cynical—about their own benefits upon retirement.' — W.... [tags: Papers Clinton Medicare Essays Papers]
4037 words (11.5 pages)
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, commonly called the CFPB, is a federal agency that was created under the authority of the Dodd-Frank Act. The CFPB 's jurisdiction includes credit unions, debt collectors, banks, securities firms and even payday lenders. Since its inception, the CFPB has been especially critical of lenders offering credit products to subprime borrowers, and the agency 's pending regulations may eliminate installment loans for borrowers with bad credit. Why the CFPB Regulations Are Likely to Eliminate Installment Loans for Bad Credit Borrowers An installment loan is simply a loan that is repaid over a period of months or years with each monthly payment being the same... [tags: Debt, Loan, Credit, Predatory lending]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Potential Career Position Available to Finance Graduates After graduating with a degree in finance, you now have the choice of what specific area within the industry of finance to begin your career. Here is a list of some of the positions available to a recent graduate student with a degree in finance. Although, these are not all the possible occupations that are available, they incorporate the most recognized career paths for a finance graduate. One position available to a graduate with a degree in finance, is being a financial analysts.... [tags: Insurance, Financial services, Investment]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- In recent years, more people begin to accept the concept of corporate social responsibility. Companies also pay more attention to the activities of CSR and investment. In addition to face the pressure of the environment and the social moral level, the enterprise managers also have the responsibility of the company 's performance and the value of the shareholder 's wealth. Therefore, enterprises need to pay more attention to the relationship between corporate social responsibility and financial performance.... [tags: Corporate social responsibility]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Corporate Finance and Financial Manager Role Over time, every business finds that while it has attempted to make the best decisions for its success, sometimes the right choices were made and sometimes the wrong decisions were made. Having said that business decisions are important and could succeed in the business world if they answer for themselves questions like: how can we define if we are doing well in our business. Or what are the best options and decisions. Are we generating profit or loss.... [tags: Finance, Corporate finance, Investment, Debt]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation, also know as the FBI is an interesting topic. The FBI is the “principal investigative arm of the United States Department of Justice”, also known as DOJ. The Federal Bureau of Investigation is responsible in collecting facts and giving or writing reports that one has either perceived, investigated or observed. As well as, assembling evidence in cases that involve Federal jurisdiction and assembling evidence. Not to mention, it bestows law enforcement leadership and reinforcement to international and state law enforcement agencies, which enforce the law.... [tags: Federal Bureau of Investigation]
717 words (2 pages)
- Introduction: Corporate Governance deals with a set of rules and regulations that are prescribed for directing the company’s affairs. It controls a company or an organization by ethics, values, principles etc. The board of directors of the company is responsible in ensuring effective corporate governance by working for the company’s interest in the broad sense. Corporate governance took its initial phase in India during the economic liberalization in 1996 and the need for corporate governance increased with the changing business environments all over the world.... [tags: Corporate governance, Corporation, Governance]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- The Census Bureau This paper will identify what I learned from the following two websites identified as the following: www.claritas.com and www.census.gov. The following questions are posed and will be answered in this paper. 1) What did you find that surprised you. 2) How are they different. 3) How are they the same. 4) How might these two market research sources help a company develop a marketing mix. 5) What might each of the 2 sources tell you about consumer behavior in your area.... [tags: Census Bureau Business Marketing Essays]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Antivirus Protection A company’s network is intertwined with every employee’s private computer. Even in instances where the company has instituted security policies. Employees will undoubtedly carry work home or bring disks from home or use thumb drives; additionally, personal email will very often have attachments that could endanger the company network. Lets say for example that the company network is protected by Norton antivirus, but the employees personal computers are not, and they are continually taking work home and swapping storage devices between secure and unsecure devices that may carry viruses that may not be detected and become a threat to the company network.... [tags: Secure Network Virus Protection]
1116 words (3.2 pages)