He unbuttoned his coat and practically tore off the layers of wet sticky clothing that stuck to all of the curves on his body. When he received no reply he popped his head into the living room where both the lights and TV were off, which was unusual. Usually someone was sprawled over the sofa with munchies strewn around the floor by now.
He was expecting James to be sitting playing a game before dinner or something and Seamus sprawled over the floor begging James to stop trying to beat him.
"Hello?” He said a little louder. He knew Jordan wasn’t going to be here at least, where is everyone else?
Maybe they've gone last minute Christmas shopping, which would be typical of them. Aleks chuckled as he walked towards the kitchen to see if they left him a note.
So when he entered to see Eddie standing there, leaning against the counter, with his ankles crossed out in front of him, arms bent with hands against the tabletop and a rose trapped in his mouth, he couldn't stop the surprise that entered his voice.
"Eddie? What are you doing here? What's going on?"
Eddie gave his award winning giggle and removed the rose from his mouth. He held his hand out to me and I hesitantly let him grab my hand and twirled me in a circle. He held the rose out to me and bowed rather dramatically looking up to wink.
"My love! Won’t you accept my rose?”
Aleks slipped on a smile for a moment before taking the delicate flower into finger tips and twirling it around. He let himself take in the sweet smell of it before looking up to meet his eyes. "So what's this for?"
"Am I not allowed to be romantic, oh...
... middle of paper ...
...So what are we watching first?"
Aleks smiled and took the drink in both hands, the heat soaking through into his skin that was previously frozen by the winter weather. He dipped his finger into the cream and sucked it off when he heard a slight whimper beside him. He looked over to see Eddie sitting on the arm of the couch, staring at him with slightly darker than usual eyes. Aleks looked at him quizzically.
"It's weird how you can make something so innocent look so hot." Eddie breathed and Aleks rolled his eyes, laughing at him. “We’re watching Elf. I don’t want to hear any complaints!”
"That's great. Besides, we've got hours to work through all these films so no hurry." Eddie kissed Aleks cheek as he grabbed the remote and hit play.
"Merry Christmas Aleks." Eddie murmured as Aleks snuggled into a blanket and held his head on his shoulder.
"Merry Christmas Eddie."
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How to Bake Cookies and Doughnuts Cookies and doughnuts are incredibly satisfying treats. They both are baked goods that make our tummies warm, and leave a dusting of sugar on our lips. Doughnuts, along with cookies, can be considered awfully sweet, yet they are completely different. They both are distinct in their individual means of ingredients, cooking and traditional settings for consumption. There are very few things you can do to ruin a simple chocolate chip cookie if you follow the recipe.... [tags: Papers]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- Cookies and doughnuts are both yummy treats, but they also have their advantages and disadvantages. Cookies for instance can be produces with relative ease in any kitchen using flour, water, sugar and eggs. Doughnuts on the other hand are not usually made at home, hence all of the doughnut shops. This is one disadvantage to doughnuts; they are relatively difficult to produce. Doughnuts are made from the same ingredients as cookies, but they also have east in them to give them a more beadlike quality than unleavened cookies.... [tags: essays research papers]
460 words (1.3 pages)
- To be, or Not to Be the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie The delicious smell of chocolate chip cookies is known to everyone across the nation. Americans thrive on deserts and chocolate chip cookies happen to be one of the many favorites. As there are many different types of deserts, there are also many different brands of chocolate chip cookies. Most Americans have their own preferences about which chocolate chip cookie they consider the best. I made it my goal to go out an find the best chocolate chip cookie by surveying people and testing three popular brands of cookies for flavor, chewiness, and appearance.... [tags: essays research papers]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- Chocolate chip cookies are some of the most delectable snacks out there; they satisfy our sweet tooth with one simple bite. Chocolate chip cookies are baked in all different shapes and sizes, depending on the recipe you are making. You can do this by adding baking soda to a recipe, only adding baking powder to a recipe or even adding both. You can do the same with granulated sugar and brown sugar only adding either one of those to a recipe. These four different ingredients all have different effects and affect a cookie in different ways.... [tags: cookies, chocolate chips, baking soda]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Candies are delightful treat desired and craved by every person around the globe. There can be no kids or adults who can resist the sweet taste of this yummy colorful sugary candy. They are considered as the best ideal gift for special occasions such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Birthdays, Christmas and more. CandyOriginally candy was not made with sugar but pure honey. During the middle ages, these candies were exclusively prepared for cooling and soothing sore throat. Another invention was the candies blended with spices like ginger, cloves, almonds, aniseed etc.... [tags: holidays, chocolate, dessert]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- ... One-half teaspoon of baking soda or baking powder is needed. You will need two large eggs, one cup of packed light-brown sugar, one-half cup of granulated sugar, one teaspoon of salt, and two teaspoons of pure vanilla extract. Finally don’t forget the flour. Flour is what creates the texture of your cookie. The protein in flour grabs moisture and can define your cookie from either tough or flat. Using high-protein flour will absorb more moisture resulting in a tougher batch of cookie. Using low-protein flour will absorb less moisture and result in wet dough and flat cookies.... [tags: delicious, ingredience, chewy]
697 words (2 pages)
- ... So having an imbalance can actually damage the vital structures like your DNA. They increase harmful oxidative chain reactions. Like inflammation. Omega-6 are the fatty acids in your body that make substances in your body called Eicosanoids. Eicosanoids assist in cellular messaging and immunity inflammation. So you can see how having an overload of Omega-6 can cause a serious of inflammation that can contribute to various diseases such as Cardiovascular disease, Arthiritis, and Cancer. Vegetable oil also contains transfat that is a liquid that can be turnrd into a soild which is very toxic for your body.... [tags: Nutrition, Fatty acid, Chocolate, Saturated fat]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Chocolate He is cold. It is not an unreasonably chilly day, but he is not wearing enough, and his rear, on a bench that is still covered with a little ice, seems like it could freeze off at any time. Few pedestrians walk past. An old lady peers at him as she walks by, smiling when she catches him looking up. His mouth curls reflexively into a weak, half-formed smile in response, but he quickly looks down again, frowning at the loose ends of thread poking from the seam of his pants. Absent-mindedly, he wiggles his finger into the small hole inside his pocket, and pulls back when he realizes that he is only ruining his jacket.... [tags: Chocolate, Types of chocolate, Walking]
2140 words (6.1 pages)
- Cookies and Internet Privacy What is a Cookie. “Netscape's Client Side State definition:Cookies are a general mechanism which server side connections (such as CGI scripts) can use to both store and retrieve information on the client side of the connection. The addition of a simple, persistent, client-side state significantly extends the capabilities of Web-based client/server applications.”Kington, Andy, Andy’s HTTP Cookie Notes, Available from http://www.illuminatus.com/cookie_pages/ [modified 6 June 1997, cited 14 March, 1999] In English, this means that webservers can create web pages that will customize from user to user.... [tags: Internet Private Cookies Essays]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- Ethics of Cookies eth·ic 1 plural but singular or plural in construction : the discipline dealing with what is good and bad and with moral duty and obligation 2 a : a set of moral principles or values b : a theory or system of moral values <the present-day materialistic ethic> c plural but singular or plural in construction : the principles of conduct governing an individual or a group <professional ethics> d : a guiding philosophy HTTP cookie <World-Wide Web> A packet of information sent by an HTTP server to a World-Wide Web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses that server.... [tags: Technology Computers Internet Essays]
1271 words (3.6 pages)