Consumer Electronics Shows (CES) are introducing product technology “convergence” between personal computers and consumer electronics industries (2004). In the past, there has only been enthusiasm, talks, and prototypes (2004). Today we have functioning product on the market that makes it a reality (2004). The giants in manufacturing computers, Dell, Gateway, and Hewlett Packard, made the brilliant transition into TV sells (2004). The most noticeable products are computer monitors and flat screen TVs (2004). Will this technology lead to failure?
During the past ten years, computers have been increasing in there popularity across the board (2004). Over the years, the personal computer has become affordable for the general public. The popularity of the computer is not limited to one area of our lives. With innovation in technology, they can be found in our government, businesses, education, and most homes (2004). Billions of dollars have been invested to provide computers for personal use and for our various institutions (2004). The computer has not only been a luxury, it has quickly become a necessity. The rapid growth of the Internet has also contributed to the escalation of computer popularity.
Merging personal computers with consumer electronics, there are concerns with this marriage.
Statement of the Problem
Manufacturers actually design products to be in use for a limited length of time (2011). Manufacturers developed this idea for the sole purpose of causing upgrades to the new purchases (2011). This concept may cause consumers to become fearful of these types of products and avoid them all together (2011). Consumers are concerned that their new TVs will be obsolete before the end of the year (2011).
... middle of paper ...
... innovative technology, yes, the convergence of personal computers and consumer electronics, this technology is here to stay and blaze into the future. With customer demands, manufacturers’ research, improvements, and time, this technology gets an A.
Breen, B. (2003) Desire: Connecting With What Customers Want. Retrieved April 28, 2011,
Devlin, D. (2011). Computers and Education in America. Retrieved April 26, 2011, from
Mather, B. (2004). TV-PC Convergence a Reality. Retrieved April 27, 2011, from
Toeman, J. (2011). 5 Reasons connected TV Could Flop in 2011. Retrieved April 27, 2011,
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Impact of Convergence in Security In today’s world of security many distinct measures exist in the vast umbrella of protection needed to keep a country safe from destruction. Since September 11, 2001 protection of personnel and property are a top priority for America. It takes numerous variables and different approaches in security being utilized to prevent such attacks from ever happening again. Physical Security and Information Technology (IT) Security will be the focus in order to grasp just how important these methods are.... [tags: Security, Physical security, Security guard]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- Introduction Apple Incorporation is an American Multinational Corporation that designs and markets consumer electronics, computer software and personal computers. Apple Incorporation’s world corporate had quarters are located in the middle of Silicon Valley, at 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California. History of Apple Inc Apple incorporation was started in 1976, Steve Wozniak as one of the founder, hand-built the Apple I and introduced it at April 1976. Steve Wozniak and his friends, Steve Jobs develop their product and then in 1977 they released Apple II.... [tags: strategy, system, conflict, computer]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- ... Since I’ve owned the stock, the lowest price the stock has hit was $31.15 on September 6, 2013. From the purchasing price of $32.18 to the current price of $40.12, I have earned $7.94 per share, for a total revenue of $595.50. Facebook Facebook is an online social networking service. Facebook allows any user that claims they are 13 years of age or older to create a free account on their website, www.Facebook.com. Facebook allows all user to add friends to their account, edit their profile, post a message on a “wall”, send a message, and receive notifications when they are interacted with.... [tags: windows, xbox, services]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- ... Over the duration of my undergrad life, as I spent more and more time embroiled in my major subjects, this chain of reasoning proved to be perfectly true. The VLSI Design course in my fifth semester drew my attention towards microminiaturization technology. My reasons for such a focus were manifold; I had a brilliant professor for this course, who placed great emphasis on the cutting edge research happening at the micro scale. Also, VLSI is the crucial link between electronic circuits and computers, both of which are subjects close to my heart.... [tags: influences, radio, computer, electronics]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- At the dawn of the information age, to be young, as Wordsworth said in another context, is very heaven. Getting to know what goes inside computers, the engines of the Information Technology revolution, and knowing how to work with them enables one to understand the technology that makes it all possible. Understanding this, I chose to do my undergraduate study in Electronics and Communications engineering. Prior to that, I had a fairly normal educational career. I did well through my high school and worked hard to get undergraduate admission in the field of my interest in one of the most reputed engineering colleges in my state, SNIST, JNT University.... [tags: electronics, computers, technology]
552 words (1.6 pages)
- Electronics are straining human’s eyes. Many Americas experience eye fatigue and blurred vision from electronics and do not even notice. “Almost 70 percent of United States citizens had, has or will have the occurrence of digital eye strain when they are using an electronic device” (VA.., 2015) Starring at a screen- whether a phone, laptop, tablet, computer, desktop, or computer- can strain your eyes. “The percentage of high energy visible or HEV light exposure a human being can take will depend on various possibilities and occasions, including screen technology, screen size, screen light exposure, the distance from the screen to the person who is using the device face, and the length... [tags: Computer, Electronics, Eye, Electronic engineering]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Comparison (Argument) Outline Personal Computers Thesis: Personal computers today are by far superior to personal computers of 40 years ago. In today's society almost every American family owns at least one personal computer. The personal computer technology has grown greatly improving the personal computer industry. New models change every year. Each year more and more improvements are made. Personal computers today are by far superior to personal computers of 40 years ago. The operation of personal computers invented today is better than personal computers invented 40 years ago.... [tags: Computers]
408 words (1.2 pages)
- Wireless Technologies Today Everyday we as a society employ our wireless technologies throughout the day, sometimes even subconsciously. We wake up and check our cell-phones and PDA’s for information concerning the success of our day. We get to our respective workplace and our company’s wireless technologies, such as implemented wide area networks for quick and accurate communication of information between corporate officers or for communication of information to maximize manufacturing at a plant.... [tags: Technology Technological Electronics Essays]
1513 words (4.3 pages)
- The Development of Personal Computers The history of the computer goes back hundreds of years. From the abacus through the modern era the evolution of computers has involved many innovative individuals. It was out of this desire to innovate many fascinating tabulating machines developed. The modern computer, therefore, evolved from an amalgamation of the genius of many individuals over a long period of history. Many people shaped the world by making the efforts to develop technology. An early counting machine (and relative of the computer) can be traced back to 3000 BC.... [tags: Computers Technology Software Essays]
2482 words (7.1 pages)
- Electronics The invention of the microprocessor in 1971 was a huge milestone that eventually changed everyone's everyday lives. This invention enabled the world to own a personal computer in their home as well as their office. People were able to work more efficiently and progressively with these new electronic devices. Electronics today provides the world with an infinite amount of information at a much faster speed than that information would ever have been available before. The American public is dependent on the usage of many electronics in their lives such as the television, audio receivers, and amplifiers to stay updated on world-wide issues.... [tags: essays research papers]
501 words (1.4 pages)