Online shopping can be an easy alternative to leaving the house and going to a specific shop. It enables the elderly and the disables people to purchase the products and the services that they need. It also cuts a lot of hassle and energy of going to the store but may also result in an expensive buying due to shipping and handling charges. “Constant connectivity, contextual relevance, and a multi-screen world are changing both online and offline shopping” (Ramaswamy, 1). E bay and Amazon are the two most renowned and trusted websites for shopping online. Conventional shopping in the brick and mortar building entails leaving home to jostle with the traffic, crowds, and long queues. It erases the stress of having to wait in huge lines and dealing with the incompetent cashiers. Its ability to allow users to compare items at different stores online is incredibly straightforward and effective. Those retailers making use of tools from the net have a chance to stand out in today’s market. Smart retailers need to be there when inspiration strikes consumers and they start searching for their purchases online. According to Sridhar Ramaswamy, it also enables the retailers to pro...
... middle of paper ...
"Online Shopping." (n.d.): n. pag. Rpt. in The Economic Times. By Raghuram Rajan. N.p.: Raghuram Rajan, 2006. Print.
Perry, Eva. "The Importance of Using Secure Servers When Shopping Online."Happy Living Magazine 2009: 1. Web. 28 Apr. 2014.
Ramaswamy, Sridhar. "Shopping Then and Now: Five Ways Retail Has Changed and How Businesses Can Adapt." Google Think Insights. Google, June 2013. Web. 28 Apr. 2014.
Thau, Barbara. "New Study Reveals Why Consumers Really Shop Online (Surprise: It Isn't Low Prices)." Forbes 10 Aug. 2013: 1. Web. 28 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Delivery allows consumers to save time and do other tasks instead of supermarket shopping. Overall, online supermarkets offer customers more utility than a conventional supermarket. Limitations: By shopping online the consumer loses the ability to assess the quality of products. This is important for consumers, as assessing quality is alternative reasoning in the purchase decision process. Since consumers have this lack alternative reasoning, they may not be willing to complete the purchase in particular items such as: fruit, meat, vegetables.... [tags: grocery store, internet, customers]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Online Shopping Increases Consumption Rate The argument about the success of online shopping never ends. From the appearance of online shopping people were consider about its success. It was hard for the online shopping to change the stereotype of shopping in the consumer mind. Nonetheless, through many years the concept of online shopping proved its presence. Online shopping is not just became more preferable for the consumers. It also, increases consumption rate. Through very simple and intelligence features online shopping built its success.... [tags: Marketing, Retailing, Consumer protection]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Online Shopping Increases Consumption Rate The argument about the success of online shopping never end. This paper will proved that online shopping is not just became more preferable for the consumers. It also, increases consumption rate. Through Its availability, recommendations lists and social presence online shopping get in the real market. To start with, online shopping availability made a significant advantage for the consumer. Its availability means; online shopping’s ability to serve anyone, everywhere and at any time.... [tags: Marketing, Retailing, Consumer protection]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Online shopping, also known as web store, is defined as a form of electronic commerce which allows consumers to directly purchase goods or services from a seller over the Internet using a web browser. It is not web storage, a built-up system in the Internet whereby one stores and shares data. Online shopping is similar to social shopping; a method of e-commerce where shoppers meet online to shop together. It is not similar to communal shopping; a method of shopping where the shopper enlists others to participate in purchase decision by giving reviews on a product to help customers decide.... [tags: web store, manage products, amazon]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Internet Shopping The Internet's popularity has dramatically escalated over the past few years and has become an integral part of daily life. It has wide spread uses ranging from obtaining information, downloading files, business advertisement to Internet commerce, which plays a major part in Internet practice. Our social structure is pressuring society to connect to the Internet, with schools world wide becoming more Web based and universities now have lectures, which can be solely viewed over the Internet.... [tags: Cyberspace Shopping E-commerce Essays]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- The consolidation of the World Wide Web as an everyday technology and With the development and wide-spread use of mobile technology has allowed the emergence of a new competitive environment where ﬁrms can develop or extend their business processes [3, 4] to deal with customers from all around the world . In recent years, the high competitiveness in this environment has caused great research activity focused on developing a new infrastructure aimed at supporting this new business paradigm.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping, Marketing]
704 words (2 pages)
- companies moving the products can remain up-to-date on a shipment’s progress always. RFID provides two key benefits to businesses that transport goods by using them. One is that consumers like to know where their goods are always. Accurate and current information keeps them up to date from when it left the warehouse and when they will receive it. A great benefit of is that the efficiency when using RFID is phenomenal. Companies can see how every single shipment is progressing and helps identify problem faster to get them resolved quicker.... [tags: Amazon.com, Electronic commerce, Online shopping]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- Picture an innocent looking online marketplace, similar to those in which you shop for discounted books on Amazon or cheap surfboards on eBay, except you have the option to purchase marijuana, acid, fake passports and licenses, hacking services and potentially the ability to “order a hit” on someone, this my friends, is the Silk Road and it does have a captain. He goes by the alias of “Dread Pirate Roberts,” he’s pocketed $80 million in commissions, and he is the operator of one of the most notorious online black markets which accumulated $1.2 billion in total sales with its nearly one million customers.... [tags: Silk Road, website, trade, Dread Pirate Roberts]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Shopping has always been one of my favorite hobbies. The hardest part is choosing which is better at that moment, online shopping or in-store shopping. I personally love to do both, especially when there are sales, because sometimes online may have a better sale than in store and vice versa. In the real world real shoppers will know that Online and in-store shopping differentiates in various ways. However, depending on the situation they both are sometimes convenient ways to shop.... [tags: Online shopping, Retailing, Shopping]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Nowadays, online shopping is a phenomena that all people are into and it is one of the greatest aspects of the internet. (Wong, 2013) found 91 percentage people shop online. Out of 9 percentage did not shop online, it is because they do not trust the shop online and another reason why because they cannot touch and feel the product. Shopping is being habituated in a student’s life, especially online shopping. Shopping and students, especially girls cannot be separated. The advantages of shopping online are like high-speed internet service and 24/7 availability that encourage students to update their fashion style which communicate meanings that it has individual and social significance.... [tags: Online shopping, Retailing]
1500 words (4.3 pages)