Firstly, I would like to start this reflective report by expressing my gratitude for the opportunity to reflect on the work I have done in Contemporary Information Systems. This is really a fresh experience to me as I have never done this before. I believe this natural reflection process will benefit me in the long term. What’s most appealing to me is that we students got the chance to get involved and provide supply chain information that could support decision making for the management.
In this report, I will analyze my contribution to the group assignment 1 as well as to online forum. I will illustrate the knowledge and skills I have learned, and how these combined facilitated the completion of the course goals.
At the very beginning of this course, we were instructed to pair up with another classmate to work as business consultants on a group assignment with regards to Honda’s supply chain. Saira and I quickly established trust in each other and we agreed to work together towards this common goal. Soon, we divided the workload into halves: I would be responsible for writing part 1 – supply chain information for Honda while she would be working on part 2 – a supply chain information management system for Honda. After both parts were finished, we would work on part 3 together.
In order to understand the global automobile manufacturer Honda, I did some exploration of the organization online, through its website and other resources. After getting some basic idea about Honda’s business operation and structure, we agreed to choose its world famous automobile division as our focus for analysis. A rich picture was used to identify key information to be collected from Honda’s sup...
... middle of paper ...
...ined executive summary, a brief introduction, well-presented findings and a concise conclusion. The process of filling in the actual content gave me the opportunity to organize my thoughts and express myself in a way that is to the point and easy to understand by readers.
In conclusion, the group project undertaken went well and the partnership was a good one throughout the project. The reading activities and weekly contribution to online forums have served their purpose and expanded my intellectual horizons. However, there are also areas that I could improve on. Due to other assignments at hand, the time restraint was unavoidable. If we could have committed more time, we could have pushed the group work further by doing more research.
Timecom. (2016). TIMEcom. Retrieved 26 May, 2016, from http://ideas.time.com/2013/04/15/how-to-stimulate-curiosity/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. One of the most significant changes taking place in the past few decades, the one that has had a pronounced effect on millions of families, causing considerable concern, has been the movement of women into the workplace. This change has had momentous effects on women, on children, on men, on marital relations- on families. Since 1970s, according to the demand for low-paying “pink-collar”, women moved into those pink-collar jobs and into other jobs as well. The number of hiring women has steadily increased, so in 1960, 32 percent of married women in the labor force.... [tags: Contemporary Social Issues]
1415 words (4 pages)
- With exhibitions of the most thought-provoking art, The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago is one of the Nation’s largest facilities devoted to the art of our time (“About the MCA”) . The mission of the MCA is to offer a direct experience to the public of modern day art and living artists. German architect Joseph Paul Kleihues designed the new building with seven times the square feet of its previous facility (“The Building”) . October of 1967 the museum opened its doors to the public for the first time.... [tags: Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, Museums, Conte]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Theoretical Studies Essay Theoretical Studies is a wide array of academic courses, which employ the customary techniques of lecture, discussion, written examinations and research papers, which are designed to lead the students in the subjects of mathematics, and the social and natural sciences. The Boricua College’s educational model is in the interaction between the intellectual and affective skills, developed in the courses, and the subject matter contents of the theoretical studies courses.... [tags: Reflective Essay]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- Reflective Report I’ve learned a lot throughout A2CM2 this trimester. Weeks 1-3 gave me some insights into some advanced rhythmic techniques that I’d not previously explored, and my discussions with Austin helped me to apply some of my more cerebral and conceptual compositional ideas into more musical settings. Weeks 4-6, although the syllabus contained little that I didn’t know, gave me leave to really apply the contrapuntal techniques I’d learned in Music Materials to my own work, and my discussions with Austin at the time also helped me to envision methods of devising jazz harmony outside of a purely functional perspective (planing voicings around the keyboard, keeping some internal inter... [tags: Music, Rhythm, Harmony, Music theory]
2393 words (6.8 pages)
- This paper analyzes aspects of Brazil’s colonial history that has influenced contemporary societies. It also describes and critiques measures that have recently been implemented by the Brazilian government in attempt to curb the further deterioration of society. In Brazil’s society, neoliberal and capitalist beliefs within the social structure have hindered democratic politics. Diverse social groups are unable to come together and exert their political power as a united front, instead, the neoliberal belief of market power replacing citizenship power stratified the population based on capital.... [tags: Brazils Contemporary Society]
3129 words (8.9 pages)
- Contemporary Portraits Art is something that is a part of my everyday life, and each artist that I know has their own story and something unique about them. I am a weird person, and I have loads of things going on in my life, which is hard for me to put in words, which is why I tend to make art about how I feel, or my escape of the situation. For my AP portfolio concentration section I plan to create six contemporary portraits. Contemporary art is art that is prevalent, things that are popular now.... [tags: Art, Arts, Self-portrait, Contemporary art]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Contemporary Society Name: Institution: Contemporary Society Social and political scientists have associated contemporary society with a myriad of characteristics which include rapid technological advancements, greater human interactions, promotion of gender equality, and respect for human rights (Halcli & Browning, 2000, p. 226). However, many obstacles have stood on the way to achieving a number of important social issues such as ensuring proper gender equity in various government and private institutions.... [tags: Australian Contemporary Society]
2029 words (5.8 pages)
- Questioning one’s own self for the success or failure of the learning process in the classroom in terms of attitudes, beliefs, values, traditions and pedagogy is not only an essential ingredient of teaching profession but it also helps an individual to be a valuable resource of a prosperous society. Theorists have named this self-evaluation as reflection and have given different perspectives and processes to define and practice it. It is necessary for an individual to understand the process of reflection and its types based on the time factor for the reflective action.... [tags: reflective inquiry essays]
1876 words (5.4 pages)
- Reflection There are many definitions in the literature of reflection, most however agree that it is an active, conscious process Reflection is often initiated when the individual practitioner encounters some problematic aspect of practice and attempts to make sense of it. Dewey Dewey (1933) defined reflection as: An active persistent and careful consideration of any belief or supposed form of knowledge in the light of the grounds that support it and the further conclusion to which it tends. Dewey worked as an educationalist and developed his concept of reflective practice and reflection through experiential learning theories.... [tags: Reflective Practice Nursing]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Reflective Essay on College Writing This semester was my very first semester as a college student. Being the first, it was probably the semester I would learn the most in. I learned the expectations for writing that I will have to live up to for the next four years of my college career. Though my high school teachers were usually demanding because I was in the Honors English section throughout high school, writing in college has still ?raised the bar. for me. Also, in high school, we would have weeks to pick a topic, create a thesis, outline the paper, write the paper, and then revise the paper.... [tags: Reflective Essay]
838 words (2.4 pages)