Godsell’s Glenburn House has found context from two diverse landscapes, set within the hills in the rural area of Glenburn, the home has been placed submerged upon a hilltop setting flush to it’s highest point flattening the space creating a horizontal emphasis while earning a s...
... middle of paper ...
...The Iconic House, p.332-335, Thames & Hudson, London, United Kingdom.
(Carter Tucker House)
Broadhurst, R 2009, Next Houses - Architecture for the Twenty-First Century, p.96-105, Abrams, New York, USA.
(St. Andrews Beach House)
ox, M / Stogfregen, H 2009, Living in the New Millenium, p.106-109, Phaidon Press Ltd, London, United Kingdom.
(St Andrews Beach House)
, 2010, St Andrews Beach House',ecoms, Vol. 31, September 2010, pp.21-22
Hyun, Y 2009, ‘Meaning of Regionalism, Glenburn House’, C3 , September, No. 301, p. 50-57.
"Future Shack | SGA: Sean Godsell Architects." home page | SGA: Sean Godsell Architects. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Machelen-Diegem Machelen, a cozy Flemish town is located in Brussels city of Belgium. It is home to a lot of historical values. The site is considered to be at a strategic place for economic development. Industrial estates, commercial establishment, large job market attract large population to settle in and around Machelen - Diegem. This is as a result of its centralized location in the arteries of Europe’s capital. The site has reached its full blown in terms of infrastructure development. Machelen is also acknowledged for the location of main airport of the country.... [tags: urban design, master plan]
1419 words (4.1 pages)
- Tittle Name Institution Term of Reference The agreement between the company and I was to advice the company management toward adopting the best network management plan and security plan. Through the study, I carried out in the firm I was required to evaluate the firm requirement in term of network planning and making sure that the firm has proper mechanism to secure its systems against malicious damage. Considering that, the management personnel have background in IT therefore; they required me to give an expert opinion on the best ways in which they can adopt the network management and the security plan.... [tags: Management, Planning, Plan, Operating system]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- The World Connected Born in the mind of an MIT professor in the early years of the 1960's, "the internet-or net, for short"(Jonscher,154)-has been maintained as the information-technology center throughout the closing of the twentieth century connecting people and ideas throughout the world in little more than the stroke of a key and faster than the blink of an eye . Imagine the possibility of transferring one bank account to another with the click of a mouse-from New York to Hong Kong, or buying a car or even a house off a computer screen, or talking to a long-forgotten aunt on the other side of the globe for hours upon hours at zero cents a minute, or, especially, the unimaginable possib... [tags: Essays Papers]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- ... HIV is more common in women at 5.4 percent, compared to 2.4 percent prevalence rate amongst men. Developing countries such as Uganda have less money to support their basic necessities. Majority of these people do not have enough money to purchase health care to help keep them safe from the virus. As well in Uganda there is a lack of education about how HIV/AIDS is transmitted. Children need to be educated about making good decisions but also how to protect themselves from getting the virus. How is Canada responding.... [tags: antiretroviral drugs, developing country]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- How are Judaism, Islam, and Christianity connected. There are only two ways in which you can connect these three religions. The first is the fact that all three are monotheistic faiths that believe in one God. The other is through our lineage, traced way back to the “father of many nations”, Abraham. Abraham is looked at by these religions as the father of them and is very crucial to many spectrums of each religion. Although they all have a connection with Abraham as their father, they all disagree on the occurrences of his life and what he did for each religion.... [tags: religion, Theology]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- ADVANTAGES According to Hareyah (2009), healthier employees will spend less time away from work; this can be the result of an effective wellness program. Sick employees who continue to present themselves at work can have a negative effect on employee morale. A company wellness program can improve the overall health and wellbeing of your employees. This can contribute to a decrease in presenteeism, and effectively increase employee morale. An ill employee can also cause other employees to fall ill, when they would otherwise not have fallen ill to begin with.... [tags: Business Management ]
1797 words (5.1 pages)
- 1. Introduction:- The development of good quality software is very important factor in software industry . Medical software of medical devices with embedded software and decision support system can have great affect on the supply of patient care . A good quality software with poor management practices will never give very good quality of services. Hospital industry and telecom industry are facing challenges in terms of managing software .... [tags: software industry, risk management]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- In the business case, the project team assured that the current business environment, shortfalls in the service and finally the desired end state from business perspective are accurate. This helped us to define the performance indicators for the new project that served us in the functional verification of the project during the implementation phase. These details were captured into the Project Management Plan (PMP) to execute, monitor and control the project. To deliver the project successfully on budget and on time, my team used Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to control project data and process, defining and tracking program deliverables and resource management against the budget.... [tags: Project management, Management, Risk]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Creating a Plan With any new idea or project, a team or group wants to start right away, assign duties and tasks and give a thorough report to the powers to be on the success of the project. Similar to diving in head first, safety precautions should be taken into consideration before attempting the project. A successful team needs to set up ground rules, expectations to abide by, set a solid work schedule, set performance targets, and determine strengths and areas of opportunity of each team member and the type of team dynamic or team setting best suited to complete the project.... [tags: Business Management ]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Technology has become a significant part of the American Culture and businesses. Three computers for an entire office of doctors, nurses and administrative staff is no longer feasible. This report will explain the urgency of an updated computer system and a secure, effective intranet and the advantages of bringing the organizations technology up to date. Legal and regulatory compliance, patient privacy information, data storage, business continuity and disaster recovery will also be covered. To begin our technology upgrade, computers need to be ordered.... [tags: Computer Technology Upgrade]
1007 words (2.9 pages)