While being there for 2 years, it was quite apparent that there were many conflicts within the team. There were evident sources of conflict. My team of 25 members was divided into sub-teams comprising of 5 members per sub-team. Teams were formed on basis of seniority rather than expertise. This led to difference in opinions, ideas and methodologies. Senior members had their set of opinions and ideas which were completely different from fresher and younger employees. These sub-teams had people who were completely different from each other which led to differentiation within the teams. Each sub-teams had their set of goals and commitments towards the company. Hence, their goals were incompatible with each other. The only task that was common amongst the sub-teams was to resolve complex t...
... middle of paper ...
...flicts (Class 12 Slides, Conflicts and Negotiation, slide 24). These are some of the methods and approaches that I would have implemented at my workplace.
As I stated at the beginning of this paper, conflict management is an interesting subject to deal with. Initially, I discussed about the sources of conflicts in my organization and what my manager and I did to resolve it. We were successful to a great extent. By after going through the class readings and slides, I realize that although the solution offered was good, there are still better approaches to manage conflicts. After understanding the concepts of conflict management through this course, I am pretty sure that I will implement a better solution if landed in a similar situation.
Rothenberg, S. (2009). Class 12 Slides (Conflict and Negotiation). Organizational Behavior and Leadership, 1-25.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Conflict management has always been an interesting subject in an organization. I was Senior Security analyst for a company named L&T in India. As a senior member, conflict management has been one of the most challenging aspects for me. At work, we were always firefighting and had the responsibility to resolve the continuous technical problems of our internal (software developer) and external (customers and partners) clients. Our team had to not only firefight with the existing issues but also had to focus on developing and improving current security projects.... [tags: Organizations, Conflicts, Managements]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Akintayo (2012) reports research findings on examining the influence of management styles on the conflict in the article “Influence of Management Styles on Conflict Resolution Effectiveness in Work Organization in South-Western Nigeria”. The research problem of this study is the relationship between management styles and conflict resolution effectiveness in work organizations in South-Western Nigeria. The purpose of the study was to ascertain the relative impact of management style on conflict resolution effectiveness towards ensuring a sustainable industrial peace and harmony in Nigeria.... [tags: Management, Scientific method, Conflict]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- My main conflict management style is collaboration. Collaboration entails working with parties to come up with a mutually friendly resolution. The win-win method could help reduce tension and advance morale through stressing the importance of every worker’s perspective. Collaboration can promote teamwork and innovation. But, it might take considerable effort and time to attain an applicable solution. Conflict management experts support collaboration as the most practical approach to resolving a conflict over crucial issues.... [tags: Conflict, Management, Conflict management]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Comparison Calm City Scoring the conflict pollutants as compared with Harvey and Droplet (2006, p. 134) I scored heavier on the pollutants than the author. For example I scored a point higher in the areas of ; presences above principles, undue expectations, poor feedback skills, negativism/joylessness, poor problem ownership, premature solution. The authors and I agree in the areas of conflict trap and mushroom syndrome. Even though I did score some conflict pollutants higher the authors and I agree that poor feedback, mushroom syndrome and time were the mayor conflict pollutants, with the exception that I also included undue expectations.... [tags: Problem solving, Conflict]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- The purpose of this class was for us to enhance our abilities to think theoretically and understand how humans connect, how humans have differences, and apply dialogic practices to conflict situations. At the beginning of this course, during Dr. Bailey’s first interview, he explains about the fascination of “what makes us human, by what makes us different from other things, by what makes us like God, but not God” (Bailey, Module One). I have chosen three assignments for my reflection that I believe encompass the work we have done regarding communication theories, ideas about connection, difference, what it means to be social, and how we need to begin thinking about our human nature.... [tags: Conflict, Dispute resolution, Conflict resolution]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Many companied using Alternative Dispute Resolution systems do so without developing a systematic approach to the creation of ADR initiatives. Companies fail to recognize that ADR programs involve changing the entire culture of the corporation. This Conflict Management System Design course has given our class the understanding of organization conflict prevention and resolution system through a fictitious technology called Pacifine. The exercise we completed in class has given us case studies and practical application of featured conflict management systems.... [tags: dispute resolution systems]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- Every organization experiences change. The change may be positive or the change may be negative. Being an effective leader may bring about a positive change to an organization. In nurse leadership understanding change is imperative for job function. Change may be lost of employee, drop in organization patient census, or new implemented policy that may change patient care delivery. While there may be change developing within the organization, conflict may develop as well. In this assignment, I will describe some of the change theories, conflict theories, and leader as a change agent.... [tags: Sociology, Conflict theory, Management, Leadership]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
Performance Monitoring Means Continues Performance Monitor Of An Employee Performance Management Cycle
- Performance monitoring means continues performance monitor of an employee. Performance Management cycle includes, 1)Planning - work in advance so that expectations and goals can be set 2)Monitoring – employees progress and performance constantly or time to time 3)Developing - the employee 's performance capability to perform through training and work assignments 4)Rating – time to time or periodically to summarize performance 5)Rewards – good performance In execution checking there are work issues too.... [tags: Performance management, Management, Better]
705 words (2 pages)
- How do we identify one as a manager or a leader. Leadership and management are closely interrelated with each other. A leader is described as someone who leads whilst a manager as someone who directs or who is in charge of something (Merriam-Webster) yet both definitions imply that someone follows. This essay will cover both the differences and similarities of leadership and management, identify the process of management and critique two styles of leadership. It would also tackle the importance of leadership and management in nursing and why new nurses need these skills to be successful in the field.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- TEAMWORK AND CONFLICT APPLICATION TO MOVIE TIME THEME CHARACTERS IN SCENE EXPLANATION 09 mins Teamwork The aim of the team Miranda Andrea During Andreas interview Miranda asks Andrea if she knows about Runway, this shows that Miranda expects everyone to know about Runway and shows that the aim is to be a well-known magazine and become the most popular 54:20 mins Teamwork Synergy Team dynamics Nigel Andrea Models Employees Everyone is working well together to get the photo shoot done there are no problems and everyone is working according to the assigned roles and there is smooth productivity.... [tags: Management, Project management, Decision making]
2479 words (7.1 pages)