From the moment “Slap That Bass” began to play the feeling of New York style jazz was almost palpable. The syncopation of the piano created the fast paced tempo that makes anyone listening to it want to jive. This syncopation was achieved by playing both the low pitches and high pitches on the piano. This allowed for the piano to play the part of the lower range of the piece as well as the consonant melody which occupied the higher range. As the song came to a close, I was still left with the feeling of being in a New York jazz club in the 1940’s, dancing with everyone around me, and having a grand old time with friends. This feeling was left due to the overall style of the music and the consonant feeling that the piano brought to the sound. The piece truly encapsulated the sound of jazz to me and seems as though it is a staple for the jazz genre...
... middle of paper ...
...nds almost abruptly with a crescendo going from mezzo forte to a forte. The ending of the piece leaves me feeling as though the footsteps behind had stopped and I’m finally safe from my enemy. I guess I truly understood had Jerry felt after beating Tom.
To conclude, Soojung Jeon and Yoonsook Song absolutely blew me away with their talent. I walked into the concert being prepared for some Chopin here and Bach there, but the duo changed it up and made the concert, as a whole, more intriguing. The pieces, as well as the pianist, helped bring everything that we had learned in class to fruition. I was able to notice different aspects of the music that I had never noticed before. Without going to this concert I believe that I would have missed out on being able to put the definitions we learned in class into real life and thus not truly understand the music I hear.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has a website that announces its programs. Anyone can easily find and choose a concert. I chose a concert for Sunday July 25, 2010. This concert was emerging artists from Ipalpiti Festibal 2010. It included the four pieces of music that are described below. One of these was Fantasiestucke, Opus 88, both Romanze and Duet were preformed. This concerto was performed by pianist Luiza Borac, violinist Vladimir Dyo, and cellist Yves Dharamraj. The second piece was Ahnung, a new discovery piece from Kinderszenen.... [tags: Concert]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Concert Assignment Part B On August 2, 2015 I attended Barge music Concerts where I had the chance to familiarize myself with masterworks series of two amazing composers. Antonio Vivaldi and his concerto for 4 violins and orchestra in B minor, RV 580 that were performed in three movements allegro, largo – larghetto and allegro. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and his concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 3 in G Major, K. 216, that were preform in allegro, adagio, rondeau (allegro). And sinfonia concertante for violin, viola and orchestra in E-flat major, K.... [tags: Johann Sebastian Bach, Concerto]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- The concert that I attended was of the cellist “Pablo Mahave Veglia” and he performed at the recital hall at Saint Cloud State University on September 9th. His concert was specifically instrumental and it was a solo recital. This concert’s genre was mainly a concerto and the concert represented the Baroque period. The main instrument that was used in this concert was the cello and there was also some electronic music incorporated throughout his performance. I have never heard a cello live before and I have to say it was a very amazing instrument to hear live.... [tags: Music, Performance, Cello, Concert]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- After attending both a “popular” and “classical” musical concert it is easy to see the differences between these two genres of music. While attending these events, I noticed a wide variety of differences including the music being played, the atmosphere, the number of people attending and the expectations of the audience during the performance. As we talked about in Turino’s “Music as Social Life” earlier this semester both of the performances were presentational, placing a divide between the performer and the audience (Turino).... [tags: Performance, Music, Performing arts, Concert]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Music Concerts I went to my first classical concert which was performed by Benjamin Pila. Honestly, I did not expect too much on this concert, because I had thought all the classical styles of music is boring. I just wanted to go to the concert to get my credits and go home. However, contrasting with my former thought, I was amazed with the music of artist Pila. That was the reason why I could not wait to attend the second concert, which is perform by the artist from Thailand Ekschai Jearakul. The music that artist Jearakul played was different from artist Pila, but I had to admit that he is a talent artist.... [tags: Music, Performance, Musical notation, Concert]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- On August 11, 2009, my cousin and I headed off to West Hollywood to the Troubadour, where we would see one of the best band, Cobra Starship perform. When we arrived at the Troubadour many hours early, the security guard told us we had to wait around the corner like the other fans waiting to get inside the doors. So when we walked around the corner, we saw a few fans camping out. We found a spot and we sat down. The wait felt like eternity and the heat of the sun beaming down on us wasn’t helping the situations either.... [tags: concerts, ]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- As we all waited in line to go into the concert there was a thrill of excitement in the air. I was standing there with two of my friends when we saw a few other people we knew. " Hey, come over here!" I bellowed. Three tall gothic boys slouched over to us. As we were talking the line started to move in an uneasy shuffle. We neared the entrance, where a tall bouncer with a voice that rumbled like thunder was standing. He asked for our tickets and in unison we passed them to him.... [tags: Descriptive Essays, Descriptive Writing]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #2 Beatles Z320 For my second concert report I thought that I would write about my only experience hearing songs of the Beatles live. The Rib America Festival was hosted by The Beatles Live Repertoire. The group dressed exactly like the Beatles, even had the same names, John, Paul, George, and Ringo. I had never heard any Beatles songs live before, so that was enough to get me off my butt. Not to mention, it was free entertainment, not a bad time at all. So the show starts, and I’m not sure what to expect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1085 words (3.1 pages)