Essay PreviewMore ↓
The internet can be a very disturbing thing for many people. There are a lot of things on the internet that kids should not be able to view. But for some reasons kids are able to view these things. I believe that the government should step in and help with the censorship of the internet. People are but should not be able to view anything on the internet if they are under the recommended viewing age.
Some people believe that viewing things on the internet is okay for people of any age. In my case I believe that people should not have as much freedom as they do when it comes to viewing the things they do on the internet. People should not be able to view things freely and as often as they would like to. Many people would say that people have too much freedom to search whatever they would like on the internet. I also believe this, there are many things that should not be able to be view by young children. Many people are viewing things on the internet that they should not be. There are no written rules against that people should be viewing on the internet. But some people do not care and view the things anyway.
Censorship of the internet is a very important topic. There is quite a bit of things shown on the internet that man people think little kids and premature adults should not be able to view. Many people view things every day that they should not be aloud to in my others people eyes. This is becoming a growing topic in teens life’s today. Things such as pornography and violent attracts on people such as murder and many other things are viewed every day as a threat to society. People are very much outraged and very concerned.
Internet not be censored because people have the right to judge what is right and wrong to look at, red, or watch. Because of this many people feel that is the person or the person parents responsibility to censor what they are watching on the internet tv or what ever it may be. Censoring the internet will just lead to many downfalls for people in the future. It is not a good idea because the people who are making the cites that people are visiting would lose much money and become corrupt.
How to Cite this Page
"Concerning Internet Censorship." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... For instance, Facebook does not allow attacks and truly offensive speeches, however it does consent humor or satire (Facebook Guidelines). Analogously, YouTube clearly states that it is “not a shock site” (YouTube Community Guidelines); the company staff reviews flagged videos all day long and censors those who violate their Community Guidelines. When it comes to legal videos that may be inappropriate, the team instantly resorts to age-restriction. Both of these internet giants encourage free speech while supervising it and immediately removing content that is clearly offensive to the general public.... [tags: blocked, information, anamosity, criticism]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Internet censorship is growing around the world and it affects us irregardless of the fact that as United States citizens we have more internet freedom than a lot of countries, but when these countries portray us as something we are not through censorship it contributes to the lack of understanding between countries and with misunderstanding comes hate. Whether you believe it or not there are many citizens of countries around the world that hate us simply because they do not understand us. The internet is an excellent tool to increase understanding around the world.... [tags: freedom, understanding, hate, groups]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- After the internet became available to the new generation, there came a great concern regarding its substantial and beneficial usage. As soon as internet became popular among the people, so is its being controversial. There had been lots of issues fought concerning the internet usage, especially the measure of what things are appropriate and inappropriate, what are those that can be accessed and what are those that cannot. As questions piled from one another, and issues are getting more and more pervasive, the government, alarmed by the threat internet and its technicalities, has made a protocol which was definitely good and particularly bad too.... [tags: child pornography, vulgar materials]
3018 words (8.6 pages)
- Today, society is affected by the many advances in technology. These advances affect almost every person in the world. One of the prevalent advances in technology was the invention and mass use of the Internet. Today more than ever, people around the world use the Internet to support their personal and business tasks on a daily basis. The Internet is a portal into vast amounts of information concerning almost every aspect of life including education, business, politics, entertainment, social networking, and world security.... [tags: Internet Security ]
2023 words (5.8 pages)
- Analysis of Internet Censorship In mid March of 1998, a scientific break through occurred for the engineers at NASA. The space probe that they sent to Mars came back and, for the first time, contained readable and usable photographs of the planet's landscape. Full of pride over their latest achievement, NASA posted the information on the Internet. This allowed astronomy enthusiasts, students, and other interested individuals to take a first hand look at the, never before seen, Martian Landscape.... [tags: Papers]
2188 words (6.3 pages)
- Protect Our Ethics: The Choice between Freedom and Morality The United States is guided by strict, moral laws that attempt to keep America ethical in nature; however, the laws concerning censorship are not as strict as some citizens would like them to be. Some people do not know how censorship can help society, but “it is the restriction, absolute or merely to some part of the population, by the proper political authorities, of intellectual, literary, or artistic material in any formant” (Free), which can help keep provocative images to a minimum.... [tags: Censorship]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- The Concern of Children's Safety on the Internet During the last decade, the number of households using the Internet has increased dramatically. The United States Department of Defense started to use a network similar to today's Internet in the 1960s. Professors in universities all across the country later followed this idea and established their own system. The World Wide Web, the common, everyday section of the Internet, started approximately a decade ago. "Surfing the Web" has become easier since its inception, and the number of users has skyrocketed into the millions (Department of Education).... [tags: Internet Web Cyberspace Safety Essays]
2408 words (6.9 pages)
- When the American colonies of England became a united nation, it was founded on the basis that citizens would be liberated from any type of authoritarian oppression. Freedom of speech was the simplest method of freedom that America’s Founding Fathers pursued to establish. Accordingly, the Bill of Rights incorporated freedom of speech into the very first amendment. Nevertheless, over the following two centuries, the American government has imposed censorship on ideas and practices that are considered potentially harmful to society.... [tags: American government, freedom, Constitution]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Government Intervention on the Internet During the last decade, our society has become based on the sole ability to move large amounts of information across great distances quickly. Computerization has influenced everyone's life in numerous ways. The natural evolution of computer technology and this need for ultra-fast communications has caused a global network of interconnected computers to develop. This global network allows a person to send E-mail across the world in mere fractions of a second, and allows a common person to access wealths of information worldwide.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1401 words (4 pages)
- Internet Laws There are a lot of debates dealing with laws concerning the Internet. Privacy and censorship are just two of the main points of argument. While searching through this information, I found it difficult to actually find new laws concerning the Internet. There are many ongoing debates that I am sure will reach legislation. I found the CNN website to be the most help. I used other search engines, such as Google and AllTheWeb, but I mostly got personal websites about their own opinions.... [tags: essays research papers]
413 words (1.2 pages)