Innovation. convenience. capability. productivity. And immersion are perks that tablets would have over computers in the classroom yes? No, in fact it is quite the opposite. Computers have full desktop operating systems which are basically full operating systems such as Windows and OSX. (macs operating system) They can run full versions of programs efficiently. As well as that the actual components that are in computers can literally do more. A tablet is basically an extremely simplistic and dumbed down version of a computer except compared to a computer tablets are practically, and now pretty much outdated within potential productivity in the classroom.The reasons that computers should be used instead of tablets in a school environment are that they have better performance when running tasks, they have software and hardware advantages, and it will enrich the learning environment.
Technologically, speaking, computers are completely superior when running tasks such as Microsoft Office. They can run full versions of these programs with more extent and complexity, allowing for more productivity than tablets can withstand. For one instance, research papers require very complex things that require an abundance of formatting, margins, page numbers and double spaces, which is practically impossible on a tablet. Unless you already had a template made, which you it had to be made on a computer. But when you would edit that template on the tablet it would break the formating. So with that stated it is shown that using a computer would be more efficient. The actual programs can do more because of the computer’s superior hardware, and of its more powerful operating systems. A tablet’s operating system can be very limited, so it cannot run a...
... middle of paper ...
...ements their might be some controversy about any down side of laptops. Things like weight, battery life, agility, and cost. Well their are laptops that completely destroy any sort of counter argument for any tablet that is better than a laptop. One such as the Dell XPS 13, Surface Pro series and many more. But blatant facts of comparing computers to tablets would literally end up in computers winning. Tablets are inefficient their purpose was to take paritaily what computer could do and combining it with mobility. Their are now computers that outdo tablets on all levels they are faster lighter more cost efficient.
So with this I hope I have updated you on life’s more efficient technology and why they are needed for the classroom. They are better when running tasks they have better hardware and software. And they will enrich the learning environment. Have a nice day!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For instance, groups from the Notre Dame University, used iPads to collaborate and save files. After the seven week study some of the college students had used the tablets for textbooks and other uses that were not expected. Notre Dame University worked on projects using iPads to brainstorm and saved the results on an outline storage app called Dropbox. The group members can simply view the files without emailing (Woyke 1). The study’s original idea was to use the iPads as e-readers instead of regular textbooks (Wokye 1).... [tags: ipads, e-books, tablets, digital readers]
1817 words (5.2 pages)
- ... This data has been collected by the Public Broadcasting Service” (ProCon 1). The disadvantage of games in the classroom, is students using games for non-educational games. Another well-known online learning tool is Kahoot. This website is for educational games. The students put in a code to have access to the website; this prevents individuals outside of the classroom from accessing it. The game works by the teacher creating a series of questions over the subject being taught, then the students go head-to-head against other classmates.... [tags: Education, Classroom, Question, Answer]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- In this debate we will be discussing whether or not laptops and tablets should replace textbooks in primary schools. For this debate the focus will be more so on tablets rather than laptops as touchscreen technology is being more commonly used over conventional computers. For this debate the focus will be against tablets and laptops replacing textbooks in primary schools as it is widely considered to hinder learning and not enough pupils are taught to enjoy using books but more detail will be given later on.... [tags: Primary education, School, High school]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- A technological development throughout today’s society would be the history of developing computers. Computers were one of the fascinating inventions that made a person’s life interchange their daily life basis. The generations of computers lead from a simple machine to an exponential rate of computers. In fact, computers were also one of simplest ways that accomplished a person’s deeds more quickly. As of today, computers are known for a major improvement or a major economic effect on today’s society.... [tags: Technology, Innovation, Tablets]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to show the benefits of tablets verses textbooks. Back when my parents were in school they were required to do their reports with the help of the good old encyclopedia. This required numerous trips to the local library and heavy book bags. At that time computers didn’t have the benefit of the worldwide web. As time has gone by, technology has advanced numerously. The world is growing and we must grow and adapt to it. The benefits of a tablet far out-weight the old school textbooks.... [tags: textbooks, encyclopedia]
617 words (1.8 pages)
- ... The pressure of home works and assignments are increased with the burden of heavy books. These heavy backpacks, in turn, causes back pain, shoulder pain etc... which can cause permanent damages and pain in the human body. I even used to have two copies of some textbooks, one to be kept at home and one to keep at school, some of these textbooks were very expensive and this was pretty much a waste of money. It was always important for us to have lightweight books which can be accessed anywhere.... [tags: Technology, Education, College, Writing]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- (A) The threats (natural, human, etc.) to specific components of the system; As a general security assessment of the existing system possible threats include, theft of all equipment, to include computer software, computers, and IPads. The unintentional and intentional alteration of data by non-clinical staff, providers, pranksters, or hackers via the direct terminal link, the hospital’s computer system, and all LAN enabled devices. Computer viruses pose a threat to computerized patient data and all health care applications.... [tags: Computer security, Access control, Computer, Risk]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- Does Having Tablets Make Education Better. Last year Manteca Unified School District implemented students to use tablets instead of books and writing on paper. How exciting to have technology in the classroom for reading, learning and communicating. Every student from first grade to twelfth would be provided an iPad of their own. Teachers, parents and students would be required to attend a seminar on how to use them. Parents were required to pay a fee for insurance purpose, in case the iPad got broken or needed repair.... [tags: High school, School, Education, Middle school]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- Computers In Daily Life There is a need for more computers in everyday life, in homes, schools and on the job. The advancement of computer technology today in all facets of the world, and life are growing to the point that everyone will need a computer to carry out their everyday life. Computer technology today is at the threshold of making life easier for everyone in the world. Computers are helping students get better grades in school, from help with homework over the internet to doing research for an essay at the local library.... [tags: Technology Computers Lifestyle]
1458 words (4.2 pages)
- ... For instance, what if a school shooting all of a sudden happens at your child’s school, what will happen if the child cannot contact his parents. Just in Colorado, a student who was planning to kill 100 students and teachers killed himself in a violent attack after 10 deaths. If technology were allowed in the school system, we would have prevented at least 10 deaths because students would be contacting their closest family members to prevent this catastrophic disaster. Having technology is like having a guardian angel.... [tags: technology in education]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- The Sexuality Transition : Premartital Sex, The Nuclear Family, And Doing Gender
- An Era Of Simplicity. Hicksville, Long Island, N.y, 1957
- The Great Battle For The Island Of Iwo Jima
- The Residue Years By Mitchell S. Jackson
- The French Documentary Babies : The First Year Of Development
- School Uniforms Should Be Part Of The School System