Computer languages such as Python, Java, and Visual Basic (VB) all are considered high-level languages; these are the easiest to learn because of the way they are written. This is because of the way the code is structured and how it uses many of the commands in plain English, this makes it easy for anyone to read and have a basic understanding about what the program is doing. However, in order for the code to talk to the computer, there needs to be a translator called a compiler. This will take the code and make it readable for the computer (Raymond, 2010). A few problems arise from using a compiler; one of the biggest is compilers can be inefficient and sloppy, and, at worst, machine-specific. They are much better today than they were a few decades ago. Low-level languages such as Machine Code, and Assembly, directly tell the computer what to d...
... middle of paper ...
... the C languages commas will separate expressions and statements where they work like semicolons which are used end statements. Caution should be taken when using commas, for any statement that comes after the comma will be ran and the statement that came before it will be ignored. A comma is best used in for-loop statements where code is ran repeatedly ([Frank], 2010). Many math operators such as “+” and “-” can be used as they would be in math, to add, subtract, etc. values together (Tutorials Point, n.d.).
Even with poor grammar, humans might be able to decipher the meaning of what the speaker is trying to say; however, machines cannot understand poor grammar. Computer programs have a certain expectation for how they want you to communicate with them. Fortunately, much of today’s computer programming languages adopt many methods and principles of spoken language.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Modern society heavily depends on the abilities of computers, Information Technology, and information processing. As such, since access to information occurs mainly through digital means and media, the way information is arranged and presented on the screen is crucial. Because of this need for fast access and easy arrangement arose, in the early 1980s, companies started to work on various graphical user interfaces (or GUI for short). Most dictionaries define a GUI as ‘a way of arranging information on a computer screen that is easy to understand and use because it uses icons, menus and a mouse rather than only text.’ Introducing such software allowed a human-computer interaction on a visual... [tags: Information Technology ]
2111 words (6 pages)
- Modern society heavily depends on the abilities of computers, information processing, and Information Technology. As such, since access to information occurs mainly through digital means and media, the way information is arranged and presented is crucial. Because this need for fast access and easy arrangement arose, software companies started to work on various graphical user interfaces (or GUI for short). Dictionaries define a GUI as a way of arranging information on a computer screen that is easy to understand, through the use of icons, menus and a mouse, not only text.... [tags: Information Technology ]
2083 words (6 pages)
- Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick. First time I saw computer was at my uncle’s house. It was big black & white window 95 OS computer he use to let me play Dave game on that computer with time limit of 15 minutes, those were the most stimulating for me. Later I got chance to learn computers at my school in 5th grade. We use to learn LOGO, MS paint , MS office and I developed interest in computers making nested loops design patterns in logo was like incredible feeling for me.... [tags: technology, india, competitive]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Classifications of Computers According to the U.S. Census "Forty-four million households, or 42 percent, had at least one member who used the Internet at home in 2000" (Home Computers 2). Today, no doubt, even more family members in the United States use computers. Most people are aware of the desktop computers which can be found in the home and in the workplace. What are the different types of computers and what are their purposes. Computers can be classified into three different categories of home computers, portable computers, and business computers including workstations and super computers.... [tags: Computer PC Desktop Technology]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- ... On the same day, United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued a brief statement condemning the attacks. Dmitri Alperovitch, Vice President of Threat Research at cyber security company McAfee, named the attack "Operation Aurora". Research by McAfee Labs discovered that “Aurora” was part of the file path on the attacker’s machine that was included in two of the malware binaries McAfee said were associated with the attack. "We believe the name was the internal name the attacker(s) gave to this operation," McAfee Chief Technology Officer George Kurtz stated.... [tags: modern technology, security breaches]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Lower regulatory costs are an addition to companies saving money when outsourcing. Offshoring is the relocation by a company of a business process from one country to another typically an operational process, such as manufacturing, or supporting processes, such as accounting. Even state governments employ offshoring. More recently, offshoring has been associated primarily with the sourcing of technical and administrative services supporting domestic and global operations from outside the home country, by means of internal captive or external outsourcing delivery models.... [tags: regulations, taxes, costs, benefits]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- The Internet: Today's Communication Revolution In the past decade, the Internet has emerged as the newest of communication media. It gives users quick access to information from around the world. People can chat with friends, read up to the minute news, and find samples of other media, such as music, movies, and books. However, the Internet required the construction of a considerable foundation before it became the information clearinghouse that is today. It is difficult to pick a particular event in history and say “It all began with...” because of the numerous technologies that the Internet descends from.... [tags: Technology Computers Essays]
1763 words (5 pages)
- Computers' Impact on Physically Challenged Have computers positively impacted society of the physically challenged. The answer to that question is yes. Computers have helped physically challenged people to become more independent and have better and fuller lives. The Internet has been a useful tool for these people because they can buy, sell, or read objects on the web pages. They can buy their groceries and read the newspaper on-line. Without the Internet and computers the physically challenged would have to depend on other people to help them do their shopping or reading.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Papers]
1493 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction In as much as the computer is a vital device to its users, a lack of software would make it become an ordinary artistic invention. According to Goel (2010), the computer cannot perform any task on its own. This means that for a user to be able to conduct their tasks with the computer hardware, the software must be available in order to ensure that the users’ command are executed by the hardware (Goel, 2010, pg. 115). Thus, one can therefore deduce that the computer software acts as a go-between (interface) between the user and the computer hardware.... [tags: hardware, software, user interface]
1769 words (5.1 pages)
- Wide Area Networks The creation of wide area networks links mass communication from people all over the world with a vast variety of different uses. “A wide area network is telecommunications networks covering a large geographic area.” The internet is the biggest example of a wide area network and has influenced our daily lives all around the world. Wide area networks are connected to local area networks to enable computers to share, send, and access information on a larger scale. These recent technologies over the past 20 years have affected the way we communicate, how businesses operate, and many other factors that we take for granted.... [tags: Technology Computers Communication Essays]
1660 words (4.7 pages)