A computer support specialist has many responsibilities. A daily responsibility that is done every day is that they watch computer systems to monitors its performance. Computer support specialist help people set up their computers and show them how to work them. On a daily basis they are always answering questions to resolve problems such as issues relate to hardware and software. Also they must be able to test network systems and check for issues with local area networks. They maintain daily records of their communications. Also they train users on how to use their hardware and software. Computer support specialists stay busy with all their tasks. Also it is important to back up data in case the computer crashes or something happens.
Also computer support specialist help people to reset passwords that they have forgotten. Also getting information is important. Computer support specialist need to make sure they get their information for reliable sources. Information is categorized in many ways by them. The categories that are used are differences, similarities, and estimating. Computer support specialists also have to be able to process information. Information is processed in many ways. Information can be processed by separating data into sections.
In this career computer support special...
... middle of paper ...
...for computer techs it would be hard for people to have a reliable computer. This is a growing career field. There are so many different jobs in this field.
Arthur, T. (n.d.). How to become a computer support specialist. Retrieved from http://www.ehow.com/how_4422483_become-computer-support-specialist.html
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Computer Support Specialists, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-support-specialists.htm (visited March 26, 2014).
Computer support specialist. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/computer-support-specialist
National Center for O*NET Development. 15-1151.00. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved March 29, 2014, from http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1151.00?redir=15-1041.00
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the world of Information Technology, Support Specialists work with a wide variety of customers. Many of our customers' are unfamiliar with the computer and how to troubleshoot issues specific to their software. By providing customers’ with documented tutorials and training sessions, known as in-services, it will help decrease confusion, increase their comfort level, assist in providing more accurate information and educate them on department software and basic computer knowledge. As a Support Specialist, I have firsthand experience with the communication barrier between customers and IT Professionals.... [tags: argumentative]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Computer The technology in these days is considered help hand for everything to do our work with fewer errors and faster time. As we know many people in these days using the computer each day for doing their work and assignments or just for spending fun time. Computer word does not just mean hardware and software but means more than that. It means everything related to technology such as infrastructure, networks, and programming languages. Computer facilities have three primary computer specialists that are computer science, computer information system, and computer information technology.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Technology development has induced different aspects that are used in computer software and hardware systems. The major consideration is achievement of the users’ safety and preventing their private information from being accessed by the third party. The criminals seek to get the passwords to the vital information and hence through the developed computer system development and technology, they have been using their expertise in vandalizing people’s accounts. It is advisable for the users to have different strong password that defines their accounts in order to protect their privacy (Kangas, 2003).... [tags: Computer, Personal computer, Cryptography]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Problem statement: Decrease the wait time and increase an eye specialist’s effectiveness in treating patients. It has become the norm for the initial wait time to between 30 minutes to up-to 2 hours from the time you enter the office and actually get to see the doctor. The time spent waiting versus actually spending time with the doctor is phenomenal. In addition, in today’s world most doctors are not connected to other institutions thereby needing endless paperwork and phone calls to confirm patient history from the primary care doctor.... [tags: Patient, Physician, Doctor, Patience]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- I am proposing to write about becoming a network and computer systems administrator, one of the reasons I chose this field to do my final project on is I am already in this field of work and feel that I have a fairly good background and plenty of information to share with others. I started in the Information Technology field in 2000 as a System Support Specialist for a fairly good sized Insurance Company. I have always like computer and figuring out what makes them work so when I had the chance to apply for a job in this field I jumped at it.... [tags: Computer Job Careeres]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Statistics show that 90 percent of Americans own computers. All of these computers have capability to do amazing thing. Computers and the things that they can do make life easier. Without the career of computer programming, these things wouldn’t be possible. Computer programmers create a sequence of instructions to enable the computer to do something. Computer programming is interesting because of a love for computers and the things that they can do. To become a person that makes life easier for others involves computer programing.... [tags: Technological Advancements, Careers, Internet]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Similarly, Murphy (2014) has discussed some feature of CDSS that will influence its success and make it more effective. - Computer based generation of decision support - Automatic provision of decision support as port of clinical workflow - Provision at time and location of decision making. - Provision of a recommendation, not just an assessment. - Provision of decision support results to both clinicians and patient - Systems providing advice for patients in addition to practitioners. On the other hand, Sittig et al (2008) have discussed the grand challenges of CDS and placed them into following three large categories: A) Improve the effectiveness of CDS interventions: 1) Improving the human... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Patient]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- In the world of Information Technology, Support Specialists work with a wide variety of end-users, whom we sometimes refer to as customers. Many of them are unfamiliar with computers and how to troubleshoot issues relating to their software. Providing customers with documented tutorials and on-going training sessions, also referred to as in-services, will improve computer literacy by educating end-users on department software and basic computer knowledge, improve the communication processes, and increase productivity, thus boosting user confidence and morale.... [tags: Information Technology Essays]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- Nursing informatics is continuously evolving field that began when computers were introduced into the healthcare field. Informatics practices support nurses as they seek to care for their patients efficiently and safely, by making the information that they need more readily available (McGonigle & Mastrian, 2015). Information technology and informatics is being incorporated into nursing school curriculum also the country, but the progression is slow. Staggers, Gassert, and Curran advocate that nursing students should be educated on nursing informatics competencies.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Patient]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- CONTENTS 1 Introduction. 2 2 Specification of new Computers by category. 3 2.1 Designers 3 2.2 Sales Support and Accounts 5 2.3 Sales Manager 5 2.4 Production Technicians 5 2.5 Production Manager 5 2.6 Site Director 5 2.7 Directors PA 5 2.8 ICT Engineer 5 2.9 Salespeople 7 3 Ancillary Equipment 9 3.1 Printers 9 4 Network Requirements 10 4.1 Server Specification 10 4.2 Communications Equipment 11 5 Training Requirements 12 6 Network Resources Plan 12 7 Supplier Evaluation and Selection 12 7.1 Reputation 12 7.2 Quality components 13 7... [tags: essays research papers]
2164 words (6.2 pages)
- The Ethical Implications of Genetic Screening and Testing: Arguments For and Against
- Inequity: The Struggle To Be A Mother In A Capitalistic Society
- Security Governance in Afghanistan
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Political Governance in Post-genocide Rwanda
- Historical, Sociopolitical, Cultural Context of Ephesians