Several projects during undergraduate study in electronic and communication made me realize the potential of computer science because I used algorithms and programming languages like Mat lab, C++ for solving the problems. The ever-increasing application of computer science fascinated me very much. So, I joined Texas State University for graduate studies with major computer science. I have made strong foundation in Electronic and communication engineering during my undergraduate study. Now, I believe that the study of computer science will nourish my acquired knowledge and provide expertise in problem solving and programming skills.
When I was in higher secondary school, physics was one of the most mesmerizing subject to me. I had excitement to go deeper into my subject of interest that motivated me for setting goals to become a successful engineer. I had keen interest for learning new ideas and inner desire to reach a degree of excellence.
The cost of studying engineering was not affordable for me but, my interest, determination, and hardworking fetched me full scholarship in Pokhara University, competing out of more than 1000 students all over Nepal. I got opportunity to boost my confidence, show creativity in the field of electronic engineering. I had made firm foundation in subjects like microprocessor, computer networks, digital logic, C, and C++ programming language. As my propensity towards embedded system designing, electronic devices and control system, I started to design my own system doing minor project: “PC based Telephone Billing System” and major project: “Automatic Telephone Monitoring System”. I had self-motivation to learn programming skills for doing projects which helped me to enhance my c...
... middle of paper ...
...ng expertise in problem solving, algorithm design and analysis, and programming in different language. My ultimate goal is to pursue a research career in industry and academic field. I believe that this computer science program will provide me necessary platform to achieve my ultimate goal and make my research ability matured.
I have learned through the website that the SWE empowers women to succeed at every stage of their personal development and professional careers. Furthermore, awarding scholarship will provide motivation towards the excellence in my career field. I want to converge my interest more precisely in information security and software development.
I am eager to do hard work to accomplish my goal. I hope that my innate interest, dedication, competence, sincerity, and motivation will help me to get scholarship from SWE.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My chosen career is Software Engineer. Software Engineers create moderately complex software in C, C++, C#, Java, assembly language, or other selected languages for Garmin products and/or applications consistently following Garmin’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes. These software execute design for small sets of new functionality for a project. A typical workday for a software engineer is usually improving on projects you’ve been working on and try to make them better and easier for people to us.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Software engineer]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Archimedes once said, “Give me place to stand on, and I will move the earth”. I desire to leverage my passion to achieve new computational approaches to produce greater results with reduced resources (space, time). To answer the questions like Can something be efficient, yet small, easy and still perform herculean tasks. My area of interest is the study and contribution towards field of algorithms and optimized solutions. So I will undertake postgraduate study in Computer Science in Stony Brook University.... [tags: plan, experience, academics, engineer]
698 words (2 pages)
- From my perspective, excellent electronic engineers are a group of gifted and imaginative talents who bravely explore and innovate, change the world with passion and innovation. I have always dreamed of becoming one of them. For realizing this dream, I started from China 's Jilin University and then joined The University of Manchester for BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering to take more advanced professional courses. In UoM, I managed to gain GPA of 4.0. Yet, my pursuit of the dream does not end there, since I plan to apply for M.S.... [tags: Electrical engineering, Electronic engineering]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- The purpose of a computer programmer is to design and develop applications to perform the needs of a consumer. This occupation is essential to modern day life due to all of the computers that are in use today. Computer programming is a fulfilling career goal because of the ability to be on the cutting edge of technology, design software for computers, and have a wide range of benefits. Computer programming consists of many duties. Duties of a computer programmer include but are not limited to: debugging programs, converting project specifications and procedures to a logical visual map, repairing existing programs, writing documentation about current programs, and many more (Farr 187).... [tags: Computer Science]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- The field of Computer Science is based primarily on computer programing. Programming is the writing of computer programs using letters and numbers to make "code". The average computer programer will write at least a million lines of code in his or her lifetime. But even more important than writting code, a good programer must be able to solve problems and think logicaly. The working conditions for a programer very greatly. Most banks require their programers to wear a suit and attend an office during normal work hours.... [tags: Computer Programming, Coding]
474 words (1.4 pages)
- Becoming a computer programmer would be great because there are many options in this career by having the ability to produce an operating system, or a game for the world. Computer programmers have many opportunities in life to find a job they would love. Programmers can work independently, or in a big company. Programmers have and are creating the future for computers. Computer programmers have a wide range on what they can do. Computer programmers write the detailed list of instructions the computer will follow in the software (Great Sample Resume).... [tags: technology, computer software]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Statement of Purpose: Shweta Shenoy – Applicant for MS in Computer Science, Fall 2017 From writing my name on the door of my room when I was six, playing games on the computer and pretending to “be at work” to working as an Associate Software Developer in DevOps, Dell R & D, I believe I have come a long way. At every phase of my educational career, I made decisions that would take me closer to my dream of becoming an engineer. From choosing classes like Web Design, HTML/CSS as my electives in high-school, to getting in touch with an inspirational engineer like Vinod Dham, inventor of the Pentium Chip, and interviewing him to gain advice about the profession of Engineering.... [tags: Software engineering, Engineering]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- “Time and tide wait for no man”, this we all know. Having done an inspiring four-year course in Computer Science Engineering. I would like to put to use this knowledge to do my PhD in Computer Science. This would give me the leading edge in technology and the practical low-down and the information I require. For the past few decades man is advancing in to the unknown realms of science and technology. This advancement is to make life easy and to increase human comfort at home and at work and I would like to be an integral part of such betterment.... [tags: research, application, knowledge, power]
635 words (1.8 pages)
- Architectural Engineer An architectural engineer designs structures such as houses, skyscrapers, and bridges based on his knowledge of materials and how they handle forces. I. Introduction A. History B. Definition II. Education A. Suggested high school education 1. General subjects 2. Types of people B. College C. Post-College 1. Internship 2. Becoming registered III. Employment A. Specialization B. Acquiring a job C. The building industry IV. Structures A. Cottages B. Solar houses C.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2342 words (6.7 pages)