What is AI technology, according to www.merriam-webster.com, “An area of computer science that deals with giving machines the ability to seem like they have human intelligence”. AI technology has changed the way people interact with one another. It has also given machines the technology needed in order to resemble human traits. Women inequality is shown in all of this three films. The males are the ones given the most power, and strength in the film. But there are some films that change this traits of men and give this traits to the women figure. This is shown, in three different movies such as Metropolis, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Alien.
AI technology in the movie metropolis was used in order to show use the inequality of women in society. The AI with male characteristics were given the higher power. While the female characteristics were given lower power or no power at all. The female AI was given the characteristic of been deceptive and seductive in the movie metropolis. In the film metropolis the female AI was the main contributor for the rioting of the lower class. This contributed to the downfall of metropolis since the lower class members wanted to earn higher position. This showed us that AI technology will be the end of us as a humanity. But with the use of the female AI we were able to see that females were shown inequality in the film. Most of the male characters were in really high positions and were able to change in the film to good guys. While the female AI had deceptive characteristics in the film. As a result of this we can see that women during those days were treated as lower class members. We were also able to see that Rotwang the scientist was a male in the film. During tho...
... middle of paper ...
... In the first film the AI machine is able to walk like a human being and has characteristics of a human being. While, in the movie A Space Odyssey the AI machine is as intelligent as a human being. In the movie “Alien” the AI machine is capable of tricking the humans being into thinking he is one of them. We as viewers realize that the AI machine is not human until the very end of the movie. This shows us that technology one day will trick us since the machine was capable of tricking all of his crew members. What I learned from watching all three of this films is that in order to change our society we need to work together and focus on making those changes. We as human beings need to work together in order to find solutions to all of this problems. If we want to fix women inequality we need to start off by paying them equal wages, and giving them equal movie roles.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Artificial Intelligence in movies What is AI technology, according to www.merriam-webster.com, “An area of computer science that deals with giving machines the ability to seem like they have human intelligence”. AI technology has changed the way people interact with one another. It has also given machines the technology needed in order to resemble human traits. Women inequality is shown in all of this three films. The males are the ones given the most power, and strength in the film. But there are some films that change this traits of men and give this traits to the women figure.... [tags: Gender, Human, Female, Male]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- This paper will give a brief definition of the term Artificial Intelligence (AI). It will take an in-depth look at the origins and purpose of this exciting field in computer science. In particular, this paper will discuss a few of the many subcategories of research, applications and current technological obstacles that scientist face when developing AI. In addition, the author will look at AI’s various military specific applications for the purpose of training, target acquisition and command and control capabilities.... [tags: Computer Science]
2132 words (6.1 pages)
- Artificial Intelligence “is the ability of a human-made machine to emulate or simulate human methods for the deductive and inductive acquisition and application of knowledge and reason” (Bock, 182). The early years of artificial intelligence were seen through robots as they exemplified the advances and potential, while today AI has been integrated society through technology. The beginning of the thought of artificial intelligence happened concurrently with the rise of computers and the dotcom boom.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- Imagine asking your computer to do something in the same way you would ask a friend to do it. Without having to memorize special commands that only it could understand. For computer scientists this has been an ambitious goal; that can further simplify computers. Artificial Intelligence, a system that can mimic human intelligence by performing task that usually only a human can do, usually has to use a form of natural language processing. Natural language processing, a sub-field of computer science and artificial intelligence, concerns the successfully interaction between a computer and a human.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer, Alan Turing]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Artificial Intelligence, are they an existential threat to us. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the area of computer science focusing on creating machines that can engage on behaviors that humans consider intelligent. The ability to create intelligent machines has intrigued humans since ancient times and today with the advent of the computer and 50 years of research into AI programming techniques, the dream of smart machines is becoming a reality. These smart machines can mimic human’s thought, understand speech, and do other countless things that was not possible before.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer, Transhumanism]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- Technology in the recent century has grown tremendously and it is evident that technology will be involved in every aspect of our daily lives. Today we have the Internet, smartphones, laptops and even autonomous vehicles. One of the most innovations that have intrigued human beings for many years is Artificial Intelligence (AI). AI is the computer science are computer systems that can perform tasks that normally require human intelligence such as speech recognition, decision-making and etc. AI is something that most people believed could only occur in science fiction but has now turned to a reality.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer, Police]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- According to the natural evolutionary rule of “survival of the fittest”, all organisms followed this rule for evolution in the past thousands of years. Mankind, who has the highest Intelligence Quotient among all organisms, also got evolution through this “survival of the fittest”; we gradually stand on the top of the pyramid of all living beings, and are even the master of the Earth. But today, we found that natural selection may be substituted at any time. In particular, science develops along with artificial intelligence — the non-organic organisms.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer, Alan Turing]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Is artificial intelligence possible. IS A.I. POSSIBLE. In the science fiction film, The Terminator directed by James Cameron, the computers in the movie "get smart" and rise up against their human masters. In other words, the computers in the movie were able to become independent of their programmers and developed a kind of artificial intelligence (A.I.). This essay will prove that in real life, computers will never realize artificial intelligence, and also even though functionalism is based on an analogy between humans and computers, it is an effective way to describe the interaction between the mind and body.... [tags: Computer Science]
1863 words (5.3 pages)
- An Overview of Artificial Intelligence Artificial Intelligence, a concept that would make possible our most remote dreams, specially for housewives. Would not it be interesting to know what is this marvelous thing that is going to make our dreams come true. I think it is. AI(Artificial Intelligence) is a fairly new field in Computer Science, my subject, which I found very interesting. AI it is not a well defined concept yet, which it is not a surprise for me, considering that is a very new term and that it contains a word that is has not been well defined either.... [tags: Technology Artificial Intelligence Essays]
1745 words (5 pages)
- The Connections Between Artificial Intelligence and Other Fields. Abstract Through examples from several fields, this paper will describe the connections between Artificial Intelligence and other areas. Some of these areas make great contributions to AI research, others gain knowledge and technique from that same AI research. This paper will further detail the incredible capacity of AI research to be applied elsewhere to solve similar problems. The goal of this paper is to describe to the reader the impact that AI can create on seemingly unrelated fields.... [tags: Artificial Intelligence AI]
1732 words (4.9 pages)