Working with computers has always attracted me, I liked taking notes on M.S. Word rather than on a piece of paper. Along with the interest of working on computers, I had an interest of solving puzzles in newspapers and magazines. This interest in finding solutions to the puzzles fueled my interest in problem solving using C. My first puzzle on a computer screen was the 9-Queens Problem, the best part about the puzzle was that I had implemented it using my basic knowledge in C language which I gained in school. This fueled a desire in me to learn more about computers and come up with solutions to even more complex problems.
After my high school, I enrolled for Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science at the Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu to gain further knowledge and progress myself in this field. The core subjects taken by leading faculties helped me gain knowledge in computer science. The coursework of the subjects included lab sessions; the good infrastructures of the lab helped me gain practical knowledge...
... middle of paper ...
...se Arizona State University as the university where I want to pursue my graduate program.
A graduate degree in computer science will help me prepare to achieve my short term and long term goals. I wish to pursue a graduate level program so as to interact with students and faculties who are interested in the same field as I am. I want to be a part of the indispensable field of computer science which takes computers and its applications to the next level by participating in the exchange of ideas with the enormous body of knowledge in existence. I believe I have the correct aptitude and knowledge for research work and Arizona State University provides me with a good platform to enhance my research capability by nurturing me while contributing to its own educational environment. I therefore, look forward to joining your Computer Science department as a graduate student.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Before taking a more in depth gaze at augmented reality [AR], we must first look at the technological advancements made up until the 1990’s, when the term “augmented reality” was actually termed (Novák-Marcinčin, Kuzmiaková, & Beloushy, 2009). Virtual reality has been a major building block for the progression of augmented reality, as they use similar notions and methods. According to Craig & Sherman (2002), “The key elements in experiencing virtual reality – or any reality for that matter – are a virtual world, immersion, sensory feedback, and interactivity.” While augmented reality can be considered a relative of virtual reality, there are very important differences.... [tags: virtual reality]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- ... In addition, relative effectiveness of different development and implementation platforms need to be study. Furthermore, according to Shaojing Fan, Yongping Zhang, Jianbo Fan, Zhongkun He and Yu Chen (2010), virtual reality is an emerging technology with a variety of potential benefits for many aspects of education, medical treatment, and scientific research. One of advantages of Virtual Reality is people can immerse themselves in an environment that would generally be unavailable due to cost, safety or perception restriction.... [tags: computer technologies, 3D world]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- 1. What motivate the study. Virtual reality plays a vast role in creating a better future. As time goes by, it is becoming more significant to the human. In this study, the application of martial arts will be covered on. So, to be more specific, this will be focusing on two main aspects which is rehabilitation and gaming. In other words, this paper will look at rehabilitation and gaming that use martial arts as a medium. Basically, when talking about martial arts or sport science it is normally going to look at activities that will involve physical movement (Bailenson, Patel, Neilson, Bajscy, Jung, & Kurillo, 2008), anticipation (Witte, Emmermacher, Bandow, & Masik, 2012) and many more.... [tags: computer programming, gaming]
1350 words (3.9 pages)
- Positive and Negative Impact of Computer in Society Almost a century ago, a large number of inventions took place during the first industrial revolution. Within a short span of time, many countries became industrialized. Now we are in the beginning of another industrial revolution. The major cause of the second industrial revolution is the invention of computers. Computer is the most versatile machine humans have ever created. It plays an important role in our everyday life. It covers huge area of application including education, industries, government, medicine, and scientific research, law and even music and arts.... [tags: Computer, Computer-aided design]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Virtual Reality Today’s science fiction is often tomorrow’s reality. As the pace of change has quickened, so it appears that we are actually living within a science fiction movie. Programs on TV continue to amaze or frighten us with yet more technological break through and with clever new products and gadgets. Over the last decade and certainly through the rest of this century, the major agent for these changes has been and will continue to be electronic computer and its derivatives. The Digital Age exploded into existence not with a whimper but a bang.... [tags: Technology Science Essays]
2066 words (5.9 pages)
- ... Ideally, this suggestion can avoid the financial crisis based on the failure of credit department. From research and development investors’ point of view, even though the U.S. fiscal deficits year after year, but research funding has continued to increase (28). Nowadays, the financial crisis has got more severed. Thinking of the investment banks have performed the significantly technical positions in the financial history. Banks help raising money for the new company, and the product that they buy is raising comprehension of investors' interest in technology companies.... [tags: programming languages, remarkable creativity]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Computer based technology are moving us into a world where the real is gradually being replaced by the virtual. Do you agree or disagree. Give examples. What was impossible before has become possible now. With the swept of the wind computer based technologies have moved us from the real world to a virtual one and I very much agree with this statement. When talking of virtual reality, Barie Sherman and Phil Judkins describe it as ‘truly the technology of miracles and dreams’. (Bell,2000:113).We cannot make our real world whatever we wish to make it but we can hide in virtual reality and dictate our terms on it and make it our world, the way we want it.... [tags: Computer Science]
1961 words (5.6 pages)
- Benefits and Dangers of Virtual Reality Although still in its, infancy, virtual reality will have a substantial effect on our future way of life. Virtual reality already has made astounding progress in the world of commercial design, and it is predicted to have a tremendous impact on everyday life as well. Virtual reality, when more available, will have various uses ranging from recreation to basic communication. The applications of virtual reality into different fields of occupations and research will have both positive and negative effects on our society.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- A Real Virtual End Whether you watch a science fiction movie, or read a science fiction novel, mother earth seems to no longer be a concern of the human race. The concern of humans has been shifted to a new medium, virtual reality. In the movie The Matrix, earth has been destroyed and people live underground. But, in the peoples virtual reality, where they plug themselves into called the matrix, everything that is desired can be downloaded for them in seconds. In the novel Snow Crash, earth is rapidly being destroyed by humans through negligence.... [tags: Matrix Virtuality Reality Essays]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- My interest in one of the most celebrated majors in college, Computer Science, traces back to the time when computers emerged as a revolutionary tool. I have always had a fascination towards them. I have come to realize that they form the integral part in the face of quotidian reality. This empowered me with an inquisitive look and helped me probe into the technology which, now, faces constant development. Mankind has advanced its realms to such an unimaginable level that one can say it has intensified the laziness in him.... [tags: salient images, technology, telecommunications]
775 words (2.2 pages)