To become a computer scientist, one must first obtain a degree in computer science. A certain amount of classes have be taken, for example, the basic core curriculum such as English 102, a class that teaches the “Exploration of essay forms with particular attention to interpretation and ...
... middle of paper ...
... powers. Computer servers for example, it makes sure that different programs and users running at the same time do not interfere with each other. The operating system is also responsible for security, ensuring that unauthorized users do not access the system. These are the achievements of famous figures, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, they have been at the frontline of systematic and technological innovation in a broad range of research areas and they inspired many people’s lives.
Ultimately, Computer science is a great field to study. And just like every majors out there, it comes with heavy workloads, and big rewards later in life as every field of employments use computers in some way. With famous people, like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates who have succeed in the field of computer science and engineering by creating essential software, which have made people’s life easier.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Informatics Assignment Paper Nursing informatics is an emerging field that integrates both the medical field of patient care with computer science and technology. In today’s society, we relieve a lot on technology as it has improved and become more accessible over the years. Access to the internet is now at the tip of our fingers as we can use our mobile phones or even our cars to explore and surf the World Wide Web. With the quick access comes positives and negatives, as anyone can publish anything on the internet; which is why as health providers it is important to direct our patient’s into the right direction.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Medicine]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- Women in Technology Computer science is, in comparison to most sciences, a relatively new field starting as early as the 1930’s for military based projects and eventually adapting in the early 1980’s to the personal computers we have today. If we were to look into a “brief history of computers starting with the 1950’s we would see huge series of cathode tubes and switches taking up entire rooms. These computers were designed for military intelligence and predominantly comprised of computing long calculations run by paper punch cards and manual switches.” (Ceruzzi pg.... [tags: Computer, Programming language, Computing]
1551 words (4.4 pages)
- Modern Techonology We live in a time where technology is so advanced that it is taking over our lives. As human beings we are occasionally lazy and tend to look for shortcuts to make our lives easier. It is no lie that technology has helped humans become smarter and be more efficient because what we have accomplished in the past half a century. Modern technology does not just effect your electrical bill but is changes who we really are as humans. It is clear that technology is almost considered to be like an arm or a leg nowadays.... [tags: Science, Technology, Computer, Human]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- 1 INTRODUCTION With the rapid develpment in the field of computer science, internet has reached to mass and is continuously gaining popularity due to which it has become very easy to share things such as images, videos, documents, etc. But this ease comes at the cost of information security. For these reasons and many others, digital image watermarking has emerged as the appropriate solution for these cases. The image watermarking system consists of an embedder and a detector, as illustrated in Figure 1.... [tags: computer science technology]
2181 words (6.2 pages)
- Technology is scientific developments that aid in problem solving and extend human capabilities. Its purpose is to help mankind, but often it has a negative effect. Guns were developed as a tool to protect oneself by killing the enemy. However, they?re often used for murder and on innocent people. Many more people die from the gun than are protected by it. Is the gun something that is harming the human race. Many argue that it is ?people who kill people?, not guns. Even if there weren?t guns, people would kill each other with different means.... [tags: Computer Science Technology]
435 words (1.2 pages)
- The History of Women And Computing Think for a moment, if you will, about your personal computer and the tasks you request that it perform each day. More likely than not your answers include computation, word processing, communication, and research. Did it make sense for John A.N. Lee to label women "lady computers" (14). The point that Lee makes in his editorial is that women since the late 1800's have performed computation and secretarial duties for their male superiors and therefore they can be equated with computers (15).... [tags: Computer Science Technology Essays]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- In todays world computers are very useful because there is weather forcasting and many other things. People can forcast weather by this process by computers . Advertising is one of the most progressive field these days . Computer animation is the art of creating moving images by this use of computers . We can use use internation network (internet) to check mail, play games, find other's addresses , etc. Scientists also use computers for their experiments . There are some documents to type. For example MS Word , MS Exel , etc .... [tags: Computer Science Technology]
368 words (1.1 pages)
- “Computer forensics is the specialized practice of investigating computer media for the purpose of discovering and analyzing available, deleted, or "hidden" information that may serve as useful evidence in a legal matter. “ (Steen, Hassell 2004) Computer forensics has become a very important factor of criminal investigations. Since computers have become mainstream the need for a science that will deal with the technology has become an issue for the judicial and legal system. Some of the areas computer forensics may be utilized are: § Copyright infringement § Industrial espionage § Money laundering § Piracy § Sexual harassment § Theft of intellectual propert... [tags: Technology, Science, Computer Applications]
322 words (0.9 pages)
- Compiler Compiler, in computer science, computer program that translates source code, instructions in a program written by a software engineer, into object code, those same instructions written in a language the computer's central processing unit (CPU) can read and interpret. Software engineers write source code using high level programming languages that people can understand. Computers cannot directly execute source code, but need a compiler to translate these instructions into a low level language called machine code.... [tags: Computer Science Technology Essays]
3806 words (10.9 pages)