Firstly, when discussing computer sabotage it is important to follow the actions that led to the incident in order to determine key areas that might be improved. One such incident is the relatively new crypto locker virus, which practically takes a user’s entire system ransom until a sum of money has been paid. Now one might think that this type of incident must warrant some extreme form of attack, when in reality the victims of this attack were sai...
... middle of paper ...
...ted Press. Tulsa World. 11 Apr. 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
Finkle, Jim. “’Heartbleed’ computer bug threat spreads to firewalls and beyond”. Reuters. 10 Apr. 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
Giacomazzo, Bernadette R. “OpenSSL Heartbleed Computer Virus Fix and Security: How to Protect Yourself from the Latest Internet Bug”. Latin Post. 10 Apr. 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
McCann, Erin. “Computer Virus at heart of Kaiser data breach”. Gov Health IT. 07 Apr. 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
Dowling, Blake. “Biz Tech: Be on guard against latest computer virus”. Biz Tech. 25 Mar. 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
“Avoid Computer Sabotage: Computer Expert, Parasoft CEO, Offers Tips”. PR Newswire. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
Sinton, Peter. “10 Steps to Prevent Internet Sabotage”. SFGate. 15 Mar. 2000. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
Spinello, Richard A. CYBERETHICS. 5th ed. Burlington: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- BRAIN COMPUTER INTERFACE The ability to interact directly with the human brain came about due to advances in cognitive neuroscience and brain imaging technologies. This is all made possible with the use of sensors that can monitor some of the physical processes which take place within the brain and correspond with certain forms of thought. Once such technology which have arisen due to these advances is the brain computer interface (BCI). This is also referred to as brainwave computing, thought controlled computing, mind controlled computing or thought interpreting computer software and programming, (Shah, 2014).... [tags: human brain, imaging technologies]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- In a world of computer crime, stolen identities, and network sabotage it would seem that hackers are the ones with the advantage with the rest of us playing the defensive. There are a number of tools that we use to fight back, such as: Anti-virus applications, firewalls, and encryption. These are some of the most well-known defensive strategies but there also exist one that actually encourages attacks, and is commonly called a honeypot. If you can remember the allure that Winnie the Pooh had for honey, the principal idea behind a honeypot should not be difficult to understand.... [tags: network sabotage, hacking]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- The Quantum Computer and the Impact If Made Profitable The first all around computer was the ENIAC that was created 1940's. This computer was basically calculator, capable of addition, subtraction, multiplying, division, sign differentiation, and square root extraction. Computers since then have continually been getting more compact while improving in memory, RAM, speed and user friendliness. The modern computer now has transistors the size of eleven atoms. Because of such minuscule scales that computers now use, computers have now reached a theoretical speed bump in proficiency.... [tags: modern computer, eniac, bits, software]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- “Yes, it is a press, certainly, but a press from which shall flow in inexhaustible streams, the most abundant and most marvelous liquor that has ever flowed to relieve the thirst of men. Through it, God will spread His Word. A spring of truth shall flow from it: like a new star it shall scatter the darkness of ignorance, and cause a light heretofore unknown to shine amongst men.” In this day with the technologies of eReaders and mobile everything, it is hard to imagine a world without books, or words in written form.... [tags: press, bible, ink]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- It is a good practice to buy American made goods if possible. Because the American public no longer thinks before they buy an item, we are losing out manufacturing base every day that passes on the calendar. Every day you watch the news there are stories about how bad the economy is and getting worse with each tick of the clock. In the recent history, United States of America was the leading exporter of goods but now we run a trade deficit each year. John Carpenter in the article “Why You Should Buy American Made Products,” at the website http://ezinearticles.com has made the point that the American public has to take a share of the blame because they have lost their patriotism and pride.... [tags: Economy, Made in America]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- The computer, one of man’s smartest inventions ever constructed. A device that was once a near thousands pounds, cost over a million dollars now fits into the palm of a hand and is only a fraction of the cost. Over a century ago, people had to accomplish routine tasks manually. Hand writing letters, scouring terms in the dictionary, and interacting with people face to face are functions that were once a norm for everyone but now are obsolete. In this automatonic, simplistic world we live in, objectives can be completed in fractions of the time it took over a hundred years ago, all thanks to the computer.... [tags: Konrad Zuse, Computer, Computer data storage]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- In general, computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a list of instructions. Computers can be found in various forms such as personal computers, calculators and mobile phones. They are utilised in places like houses, offices, and schools. The invention of computer symbolises the advancement of technology in mankind. Furthermore, computer has made our life easier. We would not have achieved what we have today if computer was not invented. It is difficult to identify which was the first computer invented.... [tags: Computer,]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Holmes Is Made Possible By Watson. Sherlock Holmes is one of the most popular characters in literature. I read the three stories; ‘The Speckled Band,’ ‘The Engineer’s Thumb’ and ‘The Beryl Coronet.’ I have looked at; how the stories were structured, Dr Watson as the narrator, language used in the stories and the difference between Dr Watson and Sherlock Holmes as characters in the stories. Most crime fiction stories are structured in the same way. Sherlock Holmes stories usually employ this structure; the crime is committed, an investigation is launched, a solution is thought up and an explanation is given.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Is artificial intelligence possible. IS A.I. POSSIBLE. In the science fiction film, The Terminator directed by James Cameron, the computers in the movie "get smart" and rise up against their human masters. In other words, the computers in the movie were able to become independent of their programmers and developed a kind of artificial intelligence (A.I.). This essay will prove that in real life, computers will never realize artificial intelligence, and also even though functionalism is based on an analogy between humans and computers, it is an effective way to describe the interaction between the mind and body.... [tags: Computer Science]
1863 words (5.3 pages)
- Computer Crimes come in a variety of names and can include hate crimes, telemarketing and internet fraud, identity theft and credit card account theft. These are considered to be cyber crimes when the illegal activities are committed through the use of a computer and the internet. It is very difficult to gauge the amount of damage and/or financial loss that has resulted from computer crimes. Many times the victim does not even know that they have been targeted or even that they are a victim. Those that do realize that they are a victim of a computer crime many times do not report it to the authorities or have no way of knowing what caused them to be a victim in the first place.... [tags: Computer Software Hacking Security]
1710 words (4.9 pages)