Most users of computers, in recent years, have lost interest in the technology that is in a PC or a MAC. They are simply concerned with if it works or not. Most users of computers have very little or no understanding of how a computer works. They may know some vital components to a computer (mouse, Keyboard, Monitor and base) but if a computer crashes for example, they have no knowledge of how to repair one. The hardware is the parts of the computer itself. A computer is very similar to the human body. It consists of the case (skin), the Central Processing Unit (the brain) the RAM technology (memory) and the motherboard. Together they are acknowledged as a personal computer or PC.
Often shortened down to Hard Drive, The Hard Disk Drive is a non-volatile storage device. That store programmed data on revolving platters. Like RAM, it is also well known for being mea...
... middle of paper ...
...ind a laser printer is the same as the technology found in a photocopier, which means that you can only print in black and white. The printer is connected to the hard drive via a USB port.
In conclusion computers need all different components to make them function properly. And losing one of them could cause the whole computer to break down or crash. As for the future of computers and computer related software and hardware, who knows? We could be seeing a Petabyte RAM and/or Hard Drive space computer that can be owned by a family in the next decade. Or a computer monitor that is as thin as a piece of paper but has a screen size that would please the user. Or even a mouse that can be controlled by brain wave activities or voice control. As Windows proved in 1995 with the release of the launch of successful personal computers, (Windows ’95) anything is possible.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The reliability of computer technology has come into question in the last couple of years, however computer technology is extremely important to how todays society functions in everyday activities. Reliability in software is important in personal matters, business matters, and even in government and military systems. There are now ways to ensure reliability such as regular maintanence and laws. The reliability needs to be up to par becuase computer technology is interwoven in todays society. If it is not, the ways in which our current society utilizes computer technology can be in jeopardy.... [tags: Computer, Computer software, Computer security]
2273 words (6.5 pages)
- Introduction Hardware can be daunting. The following is a brief look at why every computer science major should be knowledgeable in the acronyms that abound within the computer industry. Overwhelming Factors Budding computer science majors can be thankful to Ken Thompson’s desire to travel space. It was this desire that maintained a failed attempt of an operating system by a joint venture of General Electric, Bell Labs, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The operating system was named Multics and was abandoned in the late sixties, yet Ken Thompson had programmed a game he named Space Travel for Multics and it still needed an operating system on which to run.... [tags: Computer Science]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- Career planning is an important part of learning as it allows an individual to prepare for the possible future direction in the corporate world. As a result, learners should understand and prepare adequately for their future careers. There are various technological careers in relation to computer systems that appeal to my future. Most of these careers have emerged due to technological advancements that have introduced new demands for organizations. In this case, I am interested in a career in computer systems administration.... [tags: Information security, Computer security]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Do you have the tech savvy to build your own computer from parts and pieces. Do you have the desire to do so along with someone willing to help in that experience. This article is written from the perspective of over 25 years of technology experience with a focus of helping you decide if the benefits of building your own computer system outweigh the negatives. What type of system can I build. The answer to this question is "anything that you can afford." I would recommend getting a properly matched set of components from a vendor instead of pricing and ordering the CPU, motherboard, and memory separately.... [tags: Personal computer, Laptop, Desktop computer]
1828 words (5.2 pages)
What Are The Three Principle Components Of Access Control For A Trusted Computer System Infrastructure?
- In this article, the author discusses the benefits of employing Role Based Access Control (RBAC) as an Access Control. Galante makes many valid points and has demonstrated how using RBAC has many benefits to an organization. A few cases differentiate RBAC and the simple access control model. Although the author suggest RBAC as an optimal solution; RBAC certainly isn 't a cure all, however, it is ideal for a variety of circumstances. When RBAC is deployed properly and in the ideal situation, it can compensate the organization with financial, security and responsibility benefits.... [tags: Access control, Mandatory access control]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- The Basic Computer Hardware Central Processing Unit: The central unit is the basic part of the computer and includes all the main computer parts. It is the heart of the computer system. It is responsible for executing, or running the software. The software programs are translated into a series of codes made up of 1s to 0s that the CPU can understand. Every code means a certain operation should take place. A CPU has various discrete units to help it in these tasks for example there is an arithmetic and logic unit(ALU) that takes care of all the math and logical data comparisons that need to performed.... [tags: Computer Hardware Research Paper Technology]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- Has your computer broken down and you had no idea how to fix it, well businesses that specialize in computer repair can fix it in no time, if you go to the right place that is. Computer Repair Technicians fix or manage computer hardware and software they may also manage computer peripherals such as routers for internet. Careers in computer repair are becoming more common nowadays and with new technology being released it is likely to grow even more. Computer repairmen or computer techs respond to peoples problems with computers and fix the problem, whether it be hardware or software.... [tags: hardware, software, accesories]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- As John Carroll and Ann Bishop state “Most learning takes place in communities.” (2005). This could be informal communities, such as a conversation at a workplace, or it could be a more formal setting such as a distance education course. Regardless of the level of formality, humans learn from one another through communication in some fashion. The issue for educators, then is how best to channel this natural tendency for learning, and how to best utilize technology in the process. Therefore, computer-supported collaborative learning (CSCL) focuses on employing the benefits of collaborative learning via networked computers (Computer-supported Collaborative Learning, 2007).... [tags: computers, technology, education]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer engineering can be generalized as the summation of the electronic sciences by integrating certain components varying from microprocessors all the way to supercomputers. The development of the computer has shaped the way technology and science is viewed in different cultures around the world. The definition of what the archetype and function of a computer is a monitor, keyboard, processor and its other electronic components; however, that is not how things have always been. Computers have been around for quite some time and were developed over many years with contributions from philosophers, inventors, engineers, mathematicians, physicists, technicians, visionaries, and scholars.... [tags: Technology]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- With increasing popularity of computer games, and multimedia home PC users often need an unexpensive computer system upgrade. By building a custom computer one is able to combine componenets, and operating system to provide maximal gaming performance. Computers are often called number manipulators, because of their ability to run millions of mathematical operations per second (White 43). Computers use binary system of numbers, which allows them to operate system of microscopic switches called transistors found inside of computer chips.... [tags: essays research papers]
2279 words (6.5 pages)