The Computer Industry
The computer industry is a customary term used to characterize the range of businesses involved with producing of computer hardware, software, and networking of the infrastructures. The computer industry has existed through much of history. Electronic computers were developed during the time period of 1940-1945. There are many products that have developed from the computer industry such as video games, cell phones, airplanes and more.
Computer Industry – An article on the revolution of the computer industry.
Comp TIA Advancing the Global IT Industry – A nonprofit organization that supports and has led the global IT program agenda through education, research, and networking.
Computer & Communications Industry Association – Information on a variety of companies in the computer industry promoting open markets, open systems, open markets, and open competition.
How Did the Internet Start – Information on how the internet was developed and the progression it has taken over the years.
Four Computer Industry Pioneers to be Honored at the Computer History Museum's Fellow Awards Dinner & Ceremony - An article on The Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California. Focusing on the computer artifacts that started the computer industry.
Computer Industry - Information on how the computer industry were born in 1946 and used in World War II.
British Computer Industry: Postwar Government Policy - An article describing th...
... middle of paper ...
...curity Requirements - Medical Campus - Information on how to increase personal computer security.
Personal Computing In Europe – Information on how personal computing started in Europe.
Before the Altair- The History of Personal Computing – The development and history of personal computing.
Guide to Buying a New Personal Computer – Information on what you need to know when buying a new computer.
Personal Computing : Laptop as Desktop PC Replacement? - An article that compares the benefits of desktop personal computer to a laptop personal computer.
Reflections on My Personal Computing - Research on programming languages, data structures, and text editors.
The information on computing grows everyday. Keeping up to date with the changes of the industry will benefit you. Day to day products as well as employers are converting to more technology products.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The computer industry has experienced an impressive growth within the past 15 years. In our case, laptops fall under the category of computers as well. Even though computers had first come out in the mid 19th century, there has been a huge augmentation of ‘advanced’ computers/laptops in recent times. From 1936 to 1980, computers weren’t mainly used by the public. The very first system was not even considered a computer, but a mere 30 ton numerical calculator that worked through 18, 000 vacuum tubes.... [tags: computer]
1384 words (4 pages)
- Computers have many functions. Communicating to others, performing job functions, and playing games are just some of the things computers are responsible for. Technology changes on a daily basis and will continue to. Below is a resource of information on different aspects of computing. The Computer Industry The computer industry is a customary term used to characterize the range of businesses involved with producing of computer hardware, software, and networking of the infrastructures. The computer industry has existed through much of history.... [tags: Computers]
2109 words (6 pages)
- Introduction Michael Dell, the founder of Dell Computers, started his scheme towards transforming the computer industry in 1980. In that year, Dell bought his first computer and took it apart to understand how it was designed and made (Dell & Fredman, 1999). In 1981, when IBM introduced the PC, Dell saw this as a possible opportunity. Michael Dell’s pastime was to take computers apart, rebuild them with different parts, and then sell them directly to consumers. “Traditionally, in the computer industry, manufacturing companies built computers, which were distributed to resellers and dealers who sold them to businesses and individual consumers” (Dell & Fredman, 1999).... [tags: dell computer, warehouse, innovation]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Technology is the world’s leading industry today because of the fact that it has changed society in every field. Well, why has computer technology prospered through recent years. The answer is very simple, Apple Inc. Apple products have a significant impact on our society due to their stellar design and unique shape, their durability, and their many creative applications. Apple was started and 2established by Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne, and Steve Wozniak on April 1, 1976. Since then the CEO of Apple has been Steve Jobs.... [tags: Technology, Apple Inc., Steve Jobs]
2055 words (5.9 pages)
- The PC industry is highly competitive and constantly changing as technology evolves and customer needs change. Some of the top competitors in the PC industry are IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Apple. Theses rivals are constantly jockeying for the top competitor’s position. They compete in prices, product innovation, advertising, etc. In the early 1980s the top competitor in this industry was IBM due to its open system and ease of being cloned. During this same time, Apple struggled to keep pace and changed its competitive strategy multiple times.... [tags: IBM, dell, hewlett-packard, apple]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- The Greening of the Computer Industry Through the 1990s, I, like many young women interested in technologies and new media theory, read a lot of cyberfeminist manifestas. I digested their optimistic visions describing a world in which computer technology served as the bridge across the gender divide: the ride into cyberspace would be the ticket out of our gender-defined boxes. Our feminist foremothers certainly made the boxes roomier for us, but those old patriarchal forces still too often held the keys to them.... [tags: Computers Technology Cyberspace]
6736 words (19.2 pages)
- Comparison and contrast essay Technological progress in computer industry. Computer one of the most important and necessary things in our life. There are different tasks that can be performed with computer such as: typing documents, making worksheets, sending mail, just playing with a computer and many others. But all these different tasks would be done better and faster with the Pentium 4 computer than with the Pentium 2 computer. The computer with «Pentium 4» chip is better than the computer with «Pentium 2» chip.... [tags: essays research papers]
475 words (1.4 pages)
- My Goal - A Career in the Computer Industry To have a goal, you must first find one to pursue. Then, you must decide on the steps necessary to reach that goal and proceed to complete those steps. Ultimately, after all your steps are finish, you will achieve your goal. The goal I pursue is that of becoming a self-employed web designer, and I have decided on, and implemented, many steps needed to reach that goal. Having started college, I have begun an important step towards my goal. However, I decided on many of the steps years before I started college.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- The national/international economy Opportunities *upswing of national economy * The Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 has begun a decline in the taxes on American households, and will continue to do so until they reach the final goal of a total of 3% drop in 2006. In addition, the Working Families Tax Relief Act of 2004, which is a supplement to the 2001 act, has increased the dollar amount for child tax credit. Therefore, American households now, more than ever, have large amounts of disposable income.... [tags: essays research papers]
2118 words (6.1 pages)
- High Innovation Turbulence in this industry which is evidently in the maturity stage Competitor Analysis The two major competitors are HP and Lenovo About HP They are in the same strategic group as Dell After losing 5% of their combined Market Share they are now gaining ground and in the US have managed to reduce the market share gap between them and Dell by increasing the efficiency of corporate functions and focusing on relationship marketing aimed at both the retailing and consumer industry with the aim of keeping customers loyal and profitable in an efficient way.... [tags: Market, Analysis, Case Study, solution]
1048 words (3 pages)