1. Computer hardware is the physical pieces of a computer. It’s the equipment that makes up the computer.
2. A piece of computer hardware is a mouse. A mouse is a pointer for your screen. Clicking the left button, right button, or scrolling with the wheel performs different actions on your screen/with your software.
3. The CPU is the central processing part of your computer; the processor performs the instructions given from programs.
4. The system unit is the outside case of your computer. It holds the CPU and other circuitry/components that run your computer.
5. A modem is a device, either internal or external, that allows communication/transferring of data between two or more computers.
6. CPU is the part of your computer that processes what is sent for computing. It is the brain of your computer.
7. Everything is connected to the motherboard; from the CPU to ports. The motherboard makes the different pieces of your computing system all work together.
8. A computer chip is a tiny piece of circuitry that stores your computer memory.
9. The label outside of a computer that says “Intel Inside” is letting you know the chip in the computer is manufactured by Intel.
10. Computer software is also called computer programs or applications. Software is actually lines of code written by programmers; it is designed to perform tasks that the operator wants.
11. The operating system is the most basic software that runs the computer hardware. Other software programs would not work without the operating system.
12. System software is referring to the OS, or operating system, that manages the hardware, while applications refers to the software that performs tasks.
13. A browser program, like Chrome of Internet Explorer, allow you to views do...
... middle of paper ...
...is computer vision.
37. An URL, Uniform Resource Code, is the how, where, and what that you type into the search bar of your search engine, in order to get you where you are trying to get. The most common first part is http://, and that is the how you are getting there. The second part is the hostname, or the where you are going, and the third part is the what, it tells us exactly what we want to get off the internet. An example is https://www.hbonow.com/forgotpassword.
38. Domain names identify internet addresses. Generally a company, like Microsoft, owns the domain name Microsoft.com, which can lead to multiple webpages.
39. HTML is special code that is written to show up correctly on web pages. Its purpose is to make sure that webpages are viewed correctly.
40. Home page is typically the default page on your browser. It could be setup like a table of contents.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Computer hardware is the physical pieces of a computer. It’s the equipment that makes up the computer. 2. A piece of computer hardware is a mouse. A mouse is a pointer for your screen. Clicking the left button, right button, or scrolling with the wheel performs different actions on your screen/with your software. 3. The CPU is the central processing part of your computer; the processor performs the instructions given from programs. 4. The system unit is the outside case of your computer. It holds the CPU and other circuitry/components that run your computer.... [tags: Computer program, Computer, Computer software]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Thinking about how you want to live the rest of your life and how much money you want to make to sustain the lifestyle you want to live is also a big thing to consider. Sometimes people can enjoy their job and don’t care even if they didn’t get paid, but others have jobs that pay a lot so that they can live the lifestyle they want to live. Thinking about if you will do anything past that current status the person will have in the field is another thing to think about. If someone applies for a job that they like but feel like they will want more later on, they need to make sure that they have the qualifications to advance in that career or workplace.... [tags: software engineers, chips, design hardware]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction The word ‘computer’ nowadays is very famous among all of us. Almost each and every one of us owned their own personal computer. In fact, a portable personal computer or also known as laptop was introduced the world by Adam Osborne in1981. Most people prefer to use laptop because it is so easy to carry anywhere you go. As the laptop getting famous throughout the years, they try to make it as convenient as they can. Like example, laptop from the past was quite heavy and big. Ever since then, they made it even slimmer, lighter and even smaller.... [tags: personal computer, printer, mouse]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- I can start with a quote about people What is Vulnerability. When you think of the word vulnerability what comes to mind. Although, definitions of Vulnerability may vary, Hoffmaster defines the term as not contemporary morality but simply to be impressionable to all things considered to be a weakness. In the cyberworld vulnerability can be defined as weakness in a computer hardware or software that can be exploited. Most would considered vulnerability as a threat is the approach in which a vulnerability can be exploited.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Computer and Internet Technology Computer Hardware A report for Geoff Wingfield By Joseph Key 9th December 2014 Contents 1.0 Introduction 3 2.0 Why Copper Tracks (Busses) Are Ultimately Limited In How Much Data Can Be Delivered By Them Per Second 3 2.1 Why Devices Such As Microprocessors Get Hot And Why The Heat Increases With Higher Clock Rates 3 2.2 Cost Of A PC Running 3 3.0 Describe How The Latest Technology Is Used To Optimise Its Operation For Speed 4 4.0 Cost Of Building A New PC Versus Buying A New Ready Built PC 4 5.0 Computer Benchmarking 4 6.0 How The Telephone System And The Internet Infrastructure Collectively Form The Basis Of The World Wide Web 4 7.0 Conclusion... [tags: Personal computer, Computer]
2812 words (8 pages)
- Grant Herod Chandonia Engineering 1st 4/10/14 Computer hardware, it’s a fascinating topic if you think about it, a simple combination of complex metals all working together in perfect sequence to create a unique one of a kind experience. But this kind of innovation and intricacy does not just simply happen, it takes a special kind of professional to create, maintain, and innovate in this field of engineering. A computer hardware engineer is a type of engineer that specializes in electronic systems, robotics, and computer hardware.... [tags: Job Components, Requirements]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Despite the vigorous work and seemingly endless training, computer hardware engineering does have its perks. The benefits, such as payment and travel opportunities, are a part of what make this career likable and worthy of pursuing. One of the benefits of this career is the wage. Annual salaries can range between $51,190 and $125,800, depending on a person's education, experience, employer, and geographical location ("Computer Hardware Engineer" Ferguson Career Guidance Center). Research shows that computer hardware engineers make one hundred twenty-six percent more than the average American.... [tags: professional choices, careers]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- System Elements Hardware In order to create a successful project, all areas of the integration proposal must be address and researched thoroughly in order to ensure all areas of the project have been investigated before integration. Of the most important areas, the hardware layer can be that of confusion as well as a success. Investigating what the system proposal is attempting to accomplish will provide a baseline as to what hardware will be needed to ensure the system is successful. This section will outline the hardware portion of a system development as well as describe the uses of common hardware in a successful system.... [tags: Computer Hardware]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- It seems that in today's world nothing can be done without a computer, but upon a closer look, you will find that it is the hardware components and input and output devices that make a computer useful. What is it that determines the speed at which a computer can find a file. How do you get a report from your PC to the members of your next Board meeting. It is the hardware that is used with your computer that allows you to accomplish all of your business needs using your computer. Data input is the collection of raw data that is used to find needed information.... [tags: Technology Computers Papers]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Report and Bibliography Electronic-mail or Email is the process of sending messages electronically using your computer. You can send messages when it is convenient for you - even at 2 am. Your recipient responds at his convenience. Email can be sent anywhere in the world using your computer and a modem. Email is almost instant in its delivery and it is very cheap to use especially for international messages, costing only the price of the telephone connection to the Internet Service Provider. You may send many messages at one time or just one to a designated location.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
3338 words (9.5 pages)