Education is something of value worldwide, however receiving a good education is what is important. There are various components that make up a good education; being able to ask questions when a person is confused, using technology to expand one’s learning, and not only student engagement but even parent and faculty engagement. Most importantly, it crucial to understand what type of learner the student is to be sure that they are understanding the material.
William Zinsser’s College Pressures discusses the theory that all students have, they need to have their lives planned out ahead of time, but he is constantly trying to remind them “that the road ahead is a long one and it will have unexpected turns” (Zinsser 292). Zinsser tries to show students that it is necessary to be unsure of something and to ask any type of questions they are curious about. Students should be confident in talking to someone when they are stumped about something. Most students fear to ask a question in front of a large group of people. If students do not ask at the time they ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are two components of a good marketing plan: Communicating with internal public and communicating with external public. Internal Public Communications Communicating with internal public includes: school board members, principals, teachers, pastors, secretary, custodian, early care, paraprofessionals, assistant teachers, substitute teachers, librarians, and hot lunch. The following suggestions are given to enhance better relationships among the members of the school staff. 1) New staff orientation.... [tags: Teacher, Education, High school, Communication]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- A good education is beneficial from many different viewpoints, and while the importance of a college education is quite evident for many but what is often not as clear is how one might afford to pay for college. The cost of university per student has risen by almost five times the rate of inflation since 1983, and graduate salaries have been at a standstill for much of the past decade. Student debt has grown so large that it stops many young people from buying houses, starting businesses or having children.... [tags: Debt, University, Loan, Education]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Good pedagogy is one of the main elements that are embedded in the definition of effective teaching. There are many main components of effective teaching, exceptionally effective primary teachers are those who show all features. Pedagogical content knowledge is essential to teaching in primary settings. Teachers should have a deep knowledge of the subjects they are teaching in the national curriculum if the teacher’s knowledge does not meet a certain standard it may have a significant impact on the students’ progress.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Teacher]
2146 words (6.1 pages)
- In this essay, I will talk about the components of a lesson plan, the benefits of planning with clear and appropriate goals, selecting age-appropriate goals and objectives that align with state academic content standards, and selecting goals and objectives that are differentiated for varying abilities and learning styles and for multiple intelligences. A lesson plan is a teacher’s detailed description of the course of instruction for one class. There are many different parts of a lesson plan. For example, there is the title, which is where one would explain what it is the lesson plan is going to be about.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Intelligence, Learning]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Learning about my scholars is one of the best components of my profession. I say this because often times teachers see a single story about their students. This single story includes a students either being “good” or “bad” at the subject the teacher teaches and all other traits are forgotten. I refuse to believe that my students are defined only by who they are in a classroom. Although my responsibilities end during the week at 3:30 p.m., I do not hesitate to go the extra mile to attend dance performances, basketball or soccer games.... [tags: Bullying, High school, Education, Teacher]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- 4 Components of U.D.L U.D.L stands for universally designed curriculum. The UDL is made up of 4 essential pillars. The end goal, materials and resources, methods, and assessments. All of these things are important and just like a house if one corner is built on a weak foundation it can all come crumbling down. Luckily however the U.D.L is tried and true and can be a valuable asset to help in the evaluation process. The end result of any U.D.L is the child’s successful understanding of the material presented to them.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, Want]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- Components of Literacy Development Phonemic Awareness: The knowledge and ability to manipulate sounds with the spoken words. Phonics: Identification of the relationship between written words and spoken letters and sounds. Reading Fluency: The ability to read written text with accuracy, appropriate rate, expression and phrasing . Vocabulary Development: The knowledge and understanding of words, definitions of the word, and correct context of the word. Reading Comprehension: The understanding of the meaning in written text.... [tags: phonemic awareness, spoken words]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- The current instructional practices follow the direct instruction components. Visual aids, rewards, corrective feedback are present throughout each lesson. The EBP also follows along with the school wide implantation of the Nurtured Heart Approach. When students gain attention from the teachers for positive behavior, it reinforces the practices of the EBP. Providing students with multiple ways of learning, the material that is being presented allows all students an opportunity to learn. The current instructional practices include the implementation of additional evidence-based practices.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Reinforcement, Psychology]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Most people can recall an unproductive teacher who they feel left them no profit of knowledge. At the same time, those people can also reminisce on a soulful teacher who advanced their abilities beyond belief. In hindsight, students recognize no two teachers educate with the same methods and ethics. Influenced by their dedication to helping their students, teachers utilize methods of teaching to accommodate their views of a beneficial education for their students. In other views, teachers have their own perspective of a valuable education and the components enrolled with that schooling.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Student]
1053 words (3 pages)
- A rigorous review of compensation and all its components Compensation is what is paid to an employee, whether in the form of wages, salary or incentives by the employer for a specific amount of time, skill and effort made available by the employee in fulfilling specific job requirements (Biesheuval, 1984). Compensation is important in organisations as it conveys information to an employee about their relative importance to the organisation and provides a scale to identify how much recognition they are receiving for their contribution (Harley and Stephenson, 1992).... [tags: wages salary incentives work employer job]
2470 words (7.1 pages)