The complications that can occur could be airway obstruction. There are specific drugs that you are given to reduce pain and those drugs can cause consciousness during surgery, and they can irritate the throat and lungs. If not treated correctly, the condition can cause the airway to block, or even brain damage. Aspiration is another effect in which the patient can vomits a lot during the surgery and the fluid may go into the lungs and cause suffocation. Blood clots, and blood loss are two major damages. During anesthesia a blood clot may get on to a vein and result in stroke. For blood loss, during surgery if a lot of blood is lost their pressure can drop really low. There are plenty of more side effects that can be cause by any kind...
... middle of paper ...
... make sure that if you want to get surgery that it is for yourself, and not to please someone else. Life passes by and you get old, don’t risk it now that you are young. (“Plastic Surgery” June 2013)
Patients that get cosmetic surgery done have to understand that there body may or may not take the side effects in the right direction. You never know if it can go in the wrong direction. There may be short-term side effects, long-term or permanent side effects, such as scarring or discoloration of the area. Patients should have reasonable expectations of how their appearance may change in desired and undesired ways after the procedure. Many plastic surgery complications are unavoidable and may occur even under ideal circumstances. (“Plastic Surgery
Complications” n.d.) If you are not receiving a reconstructive surgery make sure to be careful on what you wish for.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Research Objectives I cannot emphasize enough the importance of research, research and more research while looking for a plastic or cosmetic surgeon. The information is out there you have to do the work. Doing the necessary homework is crucial to you finding a great surgeon and could mean life or death. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons website are one of the sources that can assist in guiding consumers through their search process for a medical professional. In today’s world of plastic and cosmetic surgery it is important that patients are educated on the pros and cons of these surgical procedures and for them to understand that this is real surgery and complications can occur.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, General surgery]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Plastic surgery is identified as the process of restructuring or fixing parts of the body by the transferal of tissue. Largely, surgeons utilize plastic surgery for the treatment of damage or for cosmetic purposes. As far as history has shown us, the first plastic surgery was found to be implemented in India during the period of the Indus Valley Civilization. India also started practicing reconstructive surgery techniques by around the era of 800 BC. The Romans were also known to perform plastic surgery.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- Plastic Surgery-A Way to Become More Beautiful, or Someone’s Unhealthy Idea. In our culture, a lot of times people advise us to compare ourselves with others. We are bombarded with “The perfect nose”, “Reclaim and Reshape your body”, “Get rid of your muffin top”, etc. This is not the best way of thinking. There are many reasons to change this way of thinking and to begin comparing ourselves only with ourselves. Love the person that you see looking back at you in the mirror. This is the way it should be, and in this paper I will discuss some of the most important reasons for this.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Blood, Hospital]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Is plastic surgery a vital aspect of the medical field. Although some may see positive intentions, plastic surgery is not necessary. With plastic surgery, an array of potential complications may follow. Plastic surgery is one of the most costly operations. Drug abuse may arise after undergoing a procedure. Plastic surgery is not a necessary routine. The required amount of money in order to undergo a procedure is damaging to one’s finances. Depending on the type of procedure, cosmetic and plastic surgery can cost thousands of dollars.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Medicine]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Reshaping Beauty Today’s news is always gossiping about “Who got the latest nose job,” and everyone at home is thinking plastic surgery is unnecessary. Although celebrities have taken plastic surgery to a whole new level, it does not mean it is unnecessary. Plastic surgery has spiked in the past few years for teenage girls. There are many examples of young teens going though plastic surgery for birth defects, breast reductions, and many more helpful procedures (The Nemours Foundation). Therefor plastic surgery is vital to teens by improving their self-esteem along with short and long term health.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Plastic surgery has been around since 800 BC. Many adults have considered such procedures as a benefit for themselves; however would you allow your teenager to consider it to mask their flaws. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgery nearly 210,000 cosmetic surgery procedures were performed on teenagers 13-19 in 2009 (Thompson). Low self esteem has led some teens in choosing plastic surgery as a boost for confidence. This should not be considered an option for teens without knowing the consequences it can lead too.... [tags: cosmetic surgery, death]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- Cosmetic Surgery: Worth it, or Not. Jazmin Bencomo Front Range Community College Cosmetic Surgery has been around ever since the early wars to repair scars and injuries but, “today, cosmetic plastic surgeries outnumber reconstructive ones in many countries.” (Edmonds, 2012, p. 134). Cosmetic surgery continues to grow in popularity all around the world. It has now evolved to beautify an unattractive physical appearance. In 2013, Americans spent more than seven billion dollars on cosmetic surgery according to a website titled, Healthline.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- In a society where media rules, appearance means everything. Images of supermodels and celebrities promoting the latest fashions and products constantly bombard consumers promising us that if they buy these products, they too will attain the same level of just glamor. We can’t help but envy the gorgeous women we see in magazines with their perfect smiles and airbrushed breasts and thighs especially when expectations of physical perfection have become so high that they are nearly unobtainable. Marge Piercy’s poem “Barbie Doll” describes how this standard of perfection affects young girls and can carry on throughout their lives causing irreparable damages.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery Essays]
2041 words (5.8 pages)
- Risks and Benefits of Plastic Surgery Plastic surgery is a growing entity which needs to be assessed more carefully. Messages within the media indirectly contribute to the rising rate of plastic surgery. Desires to meet the idealisms of media representations are often so consuming that people demand plastic surgery despite all of its associated risks and controversies. To compensate for this up and coming surgical trend, technology has developed more reasonable and attainable options for the public.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery essays papers]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- Have you ever considered having plastic surgery. After reading this paper you might want the surgery or you might not. Plastic surgery, a form of art, can reconstruct your body and renew your confidence but can you accept the risks involved. Plastic surgery ranges from one- thousand dollars to three- thousand dollars or more depending on the surgery (Body fat reduction: Suction-Assisted Lipectomy). There are plenty types of plastic surgery. One type is called liposuction. The best candidates for liposuction are of relatively normal weight with pockets of excess fat in particular areas.... [tags: Plastic Surgery Cosmetic Surgery]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Darkness and Light in Sonny’s Blues, by James Baldwin
- The Etiquette of Public Interaction
- Is Capital Punishment Just in Execution of Tropmann by Ivan Turgenev
- A Statement of My Personal Goals
- The Press' Social and Political Role in Siebert, Peterson, and Schramm’s Four Theories of the Press
- Ray Bradbury Responds to Censorship in Fahrenheit 451