Essay PreviewMore ↓
It is true people are more familiar with Microsoft Windows rather than Apple's Mac OS X. After the release of Microsoft's Windows 3.0 in the 1990's, the Apple corporation fell, and more and more people started purchasing Microsoft's Windows, and forgetting that Apple even had an OS. ('1990-1995: Apple vs. Microsoft in the Enterprise.') While Apple only tried to sell their product to the upper class citizen and top businesses, Microsoft looked for ways to push their software out in any and every possible direction. ('1990-1995: Why the World Went Windows') Due to this renown, Microsoft has gained much business and publicity in both the corporate and public worlds. Today Microsoft Windows is everywhere, in almost every office, and in millions of homes around the world. Also, schools across the United States are running Microsoft Windows on their computer hardware. Microsoft Windows? interface and many of their features greatly differ from that of Apple?s Mac OS X. Since both school systems and most major businesses run Microsoft Windows, it benefits to run Microsoft Windows in your own home instead of Apple?s Mac Os X because it would be more difficult to operate something that one is not familiar with.
Microsoft products have become some of the most affordable and efficient products in the computer industry. Microsoft?s official website offers free and easy installation of new upgrades and updates for your Microsoft software. Also Microsoft Windows offers a free built in firewall, and security against viruses and spyware. All parts for a Microsoft computer are upgradable and interchangeable as long as the required version of Windows is on the PC. Before Apple started using Microsoft software for the Mac PC (also known as the iMac), the only upgradable hardware for an iMac was the RAM (random access memory), therefore, the only option would be to buy an entirely new PC if something went wrong.
How to Cite this Page
"Competition of Apple versus Microsoft." 123HelpMe.com. 08 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Microsoft Versus the Department of Justice In today’s high-tech ultra-fast paced world, there can be no debate as to the importance of personal computers. Personal Computers control virtually every aspect of our daily lives. Businesses, regardless of their size, have local area networks, company Intranets and high-speed wide area networks. Billing, inventory and invoicing would be impossible without help from our Personal Computers. Stocks, bonds and commodities are traded in the markets around the world entirely by computer.... [tags: Computers Microsoft PC Essays]
1718 words (4.9 pages)
- Microsoft was founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and provides products, services, and devices in 190 countries around the world. They sell a wide variety of goods and services including laptop and desktop computers, video games and systems, applications for both phones and computers, and cell phones among other things. Their strategy is designed to allow them to accomplish three key goals: “reinvent productivity and business processes”, “build the intelligent cloud platform”, and “create more personal computing” (Microsoft Form 10-K).... [tags: Financial ratio, Financial ratios, Microsoft]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- Today the competition between communication companies is beneficial for markets and customers. Apple and Samsung companies are a good example of this competition. The competition between them has given the customers two kinds of smart phones, which are called the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3. The iPhone 5 is a series of iPhone cell phones, which is produced by Apple Company in California, U.S. Also the Galaxy S3 is a series of Galaxy cell phones, which produced by Samsung Company in Korea according to Wikipedai(march,3013).... [tags: markets, consumers, price, speed, memory]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Apple Computer Incorporated (Inc.) primarily operates in the US. It is headquartered in Cupertino, California and employs 46,600 employees. Apples faces a major challenge to continue growth at the level it did when Steve Jobs was CEO. The first stage of the strategic management process is for Apple Computer Inc. to evaluate its mission statement. The purpose of this mission statement is to define in simple terms the organizations reason and purpose for its existence. Strategic planning is a leadership role and the new CEO should have his vision and share with his executive team.... [tags: technology, innovation, profit]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- Apple and Microsoft are the two major super powers of the computing industry, from the creation of operating systems, stylish designs of devices, to the re-invention of the computer. Each company has their own ideas of the perfect computing device, and much of the consumer base for each company can agree or disagree with either company’s opinion. Coming from a Best Buy employee and always providing the best possible advice to consumers, the common argument is which company and devices created are better.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Apple Inc.]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Cheating in School Versus Cheating in the Real World Cheating has been a major concern for institutions of higher learning. Institutions fear cheating because of the reputation dishonest people will establish for that institution. After a student has learned several successful ways to cheat and not be caught, is he or she more likely to employ the same tactics in his or her workplace. The student will use those tactics, but in the real world, such acts are not called “cheating tactics,” but “business strategy.” Several years ago, Clemson University was approached by a perspective employer.... [tags: Business]
628 words (1.8 pages)
- Apple vs Microsoft Apple Inc. originated out of California in 1976. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak dropped out of college together to begin making technology in their garage. Apple’s technology skyrocketed becoming one of the top technology producing companies. They fell short in the nineties though, companies began to catch up and now there was more competition than before. Apple released their ipod in 2001, putting them back in the leadof the technology industry (The History of Apple). Presently, Apple is still exceeding other companies in the technology industry, such as Microsoft, Blackberry, Google and Hewlett Packard.... [tags: competitors, profit margin, industry]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- The reason why Apple has been so successful is the fact that the company creates high quality, stylish and sophisticated products by paying close attention to details. Apple products are seen as an indicator of high social status symbol and company has a huge number of followers. Apple entered the market when no other company paid attention to design of products, like phones and laptops. The market timing was perfect. While other companies were focusing on creating products by using the best technology that they can get their hands on, Apple paid close attention to details that are almost least important to other companies while creating new products.... [tags: Apple Inc., Apple Store, Microsoft Windows]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Throughout the past 37 years, two companies have ruled the personal computer world. Their feud has been a primary focus for supporters of both companies, despite the many issues that have been going on throughout America since 1975. These companies are Apple Inc. and Microsoft. Both are prosperous, well-known companies, who have dramatically changed the computer industry, and arguably, formed the industry in the first place. Both companies have a vivid history of success and prosperity, and both have made groundbreaking contributions to the computer industry as a whole.... [tags: Windows 7, OS X, operating systems]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- Macro-Problems for Microsoft Microsoft vs. the Government is an interesting case that affects both the way we look at and use the free market. It affects many people, including the individuals high up in government, the employees of software companies, and, of course, the consumer who buys software products. The key issue affecting these people is whether or not Microsoft, the largest operating system provider who has a monopoly on the operating system software market, uses its monopoly to suppress the other competing software companies.... [tags: Monopoly Lawsuit Microsoft Essays]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
Microsoft offers more to the public than Apple. Microsoft offers programs such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, which come standard with any Microsoft PC. These programs can only be used when running Microsoft Windows, and are highly used for educational and business purposes. Also Microsoft has recently worked their way into the gaming and music industry. The Xbox and Xbox 360 are both gaming consoles made by Microsoft. In addition to this, Microsoft created Xbox Live for the Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles to give an online gaming experience to all Xbox owners. Now Microsoft has teamed up with many major game designers to bring some of the best games to the market such as Halo, Gears of War, Project Gotham Racing 4, and Age of Empires. Although Apple does have the iPod mp3 player to offer to all those who listen to music Microsoft has recently released its version of the mp3 player the ?Zune?, which has double the amount of battery life and has Wi-Fi connection.
Apple and Microsoft were the first two companies that started the gateway to the electronic industry. Recently it has seemed as though Apple is coming back out into the electronic industry. Yet Microsoft has built the industry, it is very difficult to look around in today?s society without hearing or using something that relates back to Microsoft. The Microsoft Company made itself a part of our everyday lives. That is why Microsoft is better than Apple.